New Wonder Revisions

black213

Emperor
I like the STF, the only thing I take issue with it is that it's hard to get built because of religion spread. Could it possibly be geographically limited to Mongolian cities, no matter the present religions?

happysheep

Chieftain
No that’s way too hardcoded. Instead you can just use inquisitors to stamp out any religions then switch to paganism and build the STF

Derdan

Chieftain
Is there any reason it can't just be that it can always be built so long as you have no state religion (or have ever had one, to prevent Europeans and others from building it)? That would prevent random religion spread from preventing its construction.

happysheep

Chieftain
Is there any reason it can't just be that it can always be built so long as you have no state religion (or have ever had one, to prevent Europeans and others from building it)? That would prevent random religion spread from preventing its construction.
I said, just use an inquisitor! They exist for a REASON

Just an idea

Chieftain
Problem with using Inquisition is that Mongols don't start with Doctrine so they can't initially build them. And between researching Doctrine, building Religious Persecutors and unrest using them causes that's lot of wasted time.

One possible solution would be to have STF require Animism civic instead of Paganism. Since Animism can't be switched back to and STF requires Silk, it would be unlikely that AI would build it outside Mongol territory. Human player could get it still with other civilizations but that would require one to not change their religious civic.

happysheep

Chieftain
well also how about it requires less production and provides a free lancer in everything core city as aformentioned and the mongol AI is incentivised to build it? This will make both human and AI Mongols alike build it

Uncle Paul

Chieftain
How about this for Silver Tree Fountain instead: Razing a city grants you its settled great people.
Would it be possible to reduce the cost for the Silver Tree Fountain like 5% for each city outside of your core you have? That way, the Mongols could build it without having it interfere to much with necessary unit building? It's a very cool wonder, but the Mongols don't really have time to build it because they're always building troops.

GuitarDemon

Chieftain
I usually use a great engineer to build STF. My last mongol game someone house built it before me becuase the option disappeared once I had my engineer ready and I could not figure out who was pagan in the entire game to build it before me. Really made me angry

El escorial could grant extra gold and maybe beakers? I found it quite strong when I use it in my Spanish campaigns. Mostly because I’m spamming cities everywhere in the new world. I also had Portuguese as a vassal so maybe their new world cities can grant me gold too?

Honestly el Escorial helped keep my economy afloat for while. So I think extra gold would be huge. Maybe extra beakers if it needs a buff?

Top Bottom