News: Latest Patches

I might try Mitchum's approach, although I'm doubtful I'll be successful, since I bought the game in a country other than the US - they'll probably just forward me to the local dealer, whose customer service isn't particularly helpful. :rolleyes:
Also, I have no issues with my post being deleted, as I had expressed my concerns on it violating any forum rules in the original post, but I appreciate the support from other forum members.
And just for the record, this issue has been already debated by other local forumers in CFC's tech support sub-forum.

Please read what I typed. I didn't say he was advocating piracy.

Mitchum's post indicates that the site rules may be undermined by Firaxis themselves, and I will take this up with TPTB. But until the rules are changed I am obliged to ask you to conform.
I know, I just thought that, with his words gone, and the mod msg there, things might be open to interpretation, to his possible detriment. That's all.

I certainly wouldn't have thought C63 was a pirate :p

but it is nice to know that we'll stick up for each other here ;)

I just did a clean install of Civ IV, Warloards, and Bts on a new Vista machine. I installed all of the appropriate HoF mods. I manually dropped the special SGOTM 5 mod folder into the "Programs>Civ IV>Mods folder. The GOTM 21 start file loads fine. The SGOTM 5 file however returns the following message, and I quote,
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
"Runtime Error"
"This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."
"Please contact the applications support team for more info."

Since everyone here is so helpful, I thought I'd try here first. Heeeeeeellllpppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Does anyone know what the following message means? "You have selected an unusable voice capture device. Voice capture disabled"

EDIT 2: Bts crashes when I try to load the 3.02.001 HoF mod?

I'm not sure I like Vista at this point.

I did not imply in any way that Conquistador 63 was involved in, or condoning piracy. His message suggested that there are circumstances when an illegal NoCD crack could be used legitimately. I simply removed that message, as not to do so would imply that I condone that view. I do not, and neither does this site.

Now, please close the subject, since some recent posts look like "public discussion of moderator actions", which is also not permitted on this site.

I just did a clean install of Civ IV, Warloards, and Bts on a new Vista machine. (...)
I'm not sure I like Vista at this point.
Have you reset the folder access permissions, which seems to be an issue unique to Vista, but has only been an issue since the new mods/patches with the BtS release?

Here is a start to the various posts on this topic:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5760449&postcount=12

If you have done that, then the experts will have to help you

dV

Everything is working fine for me now with the huge exception SGOTM 5.
I am still getting the "Runtime Error" when I try to load an 05 save file.

Everything is working fine for me now with the huge exception SGOTM 5.
I am still getting the "Runtime Error" when I try to load an 05 save file.
The only thing I can imagine that would do that is missing file permissions, or if you created an extra level of directories inside the mod folder
(like if the folder structure looks like: CIV4/mods/HOF-1.74.SGOTM5/HOF-1.74.SGOTM5/... )

The only thing I can imagine that would do that is missing file permissions, or if you created an extra level of directories inside the mod folder
(like if the folder structure looks like: CIV4/mods/HOF-1.74.SGOTM5/HOF-1.74.SGOTM5/... )
The redundant folder issue happened to several of us I think ... you expect to need to make one of your own, then the extraction makes one too.

But if you got this to work on XP, you would be aware of that. Send a screenshot of your path to the mod folder, perhaps (tree in windows explorer)? Maybe there is something there ...

dV

Top Bottom