- Dharmarajas Songsten Gampo of Tibet
- King Kashta of Nubians
- Manikongo Lukeni lua Nimi of Kongo
- Queen Dido of Carthage
- Queen Teuta of Albania
- King Brennus of Celts
- Stadhouder Willem van Oranje of Netherlands
- P.M. Helen Clark of New Zealand

I'm just finishing a Nubian civ today (but am not using Kashta as a leader). I love your work, of course, but I'm concerned about all the duplication between us, other modders, and now Alcosta is doing a huge civ pack.

It makes a huge SuperCiv difficult. I wish there was an easier way to coordinate this among several people in order to develop one huge community-mod.

Even though I am not a modder (at least not yet) I think your right.
It should pay off very well if all modders would join sides and work together on big projects, but I think it would be a bit hard to organise something like that. But if your are going to try it I wish you all the luck, because I think the results would be amazing. If I once(could take very long) become a modder I will be more then happy to join such a thing.

Well anyway good luck with it!!

Join forces would be great, but some of us have different plans, a.e., I like civis using 3d LHs and limit of 2 leaders per civ, there is people how doesn't like 3d LHs and doesn't matter put 5 or 6 leaders in the same civ, well, things like that don't allow some partherner happen :(
I already did a great partherner with Jecrell on Carthage Mod and I'll do a new one with him on Korean Mod and I am open to do other with other players. There is another parthner mine under construction on Polish Mod.

@Wyz: I'm sure u will launch your Kushid civ before me, so, I'll check your thread and I can try to do the leader that u have chosen, that's could be a new parthner, what do u think? :D When u have opened the thread we can talk more about this ;)

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
Join forces would be great, but some of us have different plans, a.e., I like civis using 3d LHs and limit of 2 leaders per civ, there is people how doesn't like 3d LHs and doesn't matter put 5 or 6 leaders in the same civ, well, things like that don't allow some partherner happen

Ideally, 3D leaders would be great for all leaders. But because there is a shortage of talent for that, it's hard to make it happen. It seems that a lot of modders are connected to the content/history part. Speaking for myself, my re-skins are lousy and I simply cannot do 3D work. :)

@Wyz: I'm sure u will launch your Kushid civ before me, so, I'll check your thread and I can try to do the leader that u have chosen, that's could be a new parthner, what do u think? :D When u have opened the thread we can talk more about this ;)

I'll do that. I'm only having 2 leaders for the Nubians - Taharqa and Alara. All the rest of the work (text, bios, flags, UU skins, etc.) is done. I'm also having only 2 leaders for the Maasai and Malagasy, as well.

I'll post the first release late tonight and then we can talk about leaderheads. That would be great. :)

Wyz_sub10 said:
Ideally, 3D leaders would be great for all leaders. But because there is a shortage of talent for that, it's hard to make it happen. It seems that a lot of modders are connected to the content/history part. Speaking for myself, my re-skins are lousy and I simply cannot do 3D work. :)

I'll do that. I'm only having 2 leaders for the Nubians - Taharqa and Alara. All the rest of the work (text, bios, flags, UU skins, etc.) is done. I'm also having only 2 leaders for the Maasai and Malagasy, as well.

I'll post the first release late tonight and then we can talk about leaderheads. That would be great. :)

I'm gald u enjoed the 3d LHs, I think many people enjoyed it too, but it isn't 100%. and I'll be waiting for your thread ;) BTW, do u think it's better Nubia or Kush?

CivArmy s. 1994 said:
I'm gald u enjoed the 3d LHs, I think many people enjoyed it too, but it isn't 100%. and I'll be waiting for your thread ;) BTW, do u think it's better Nubia or Kush?

I thought Nubia wold be a better choice because the core of the kingdom extended from early Badarians right through to modern Nubia, if you will.

The Kush kingdom was a bit of a piecemeal collective after Kerma fell apart. And of course the Noba conquered the Kush and have been there ever since.

Plus, I think Nubia is a bit more recognized.

Wyz_sub10 said:
The French and the Dutch - one refuses to fight, and the other pays someone to do it for him. :p

and Canada is pacifically split into 2 parts: the french side and the dutch side :p (what? there's no dutch side? well, english are just dutch that want to pay people to fight but no one want!!!)

well, back on the subject:

Civarmy, everybody here really appreciate your work, it's a fact.
However, why not propose it instead of creating a duplicate civ? like you did with carthage? A lot of people need your talent for LH, and i'm sorry to say that, i think they often design in a better way the same civ as you... (top of the head: turks, canada, australia, Bulgaria).

I can imagine it quite frustrating, but, maybe if you really want to release on your side, maybe try unique civ (to me, your best civ are still Brazil, Portugal and vikings...and your worst the duplicate ones)

By the way, since you did such wonderfull work on LH, do you mind if i take only the LH from your "duplicate" mod and put it in Superciv? top of the head: champlain for quebec for exemple.

thanks by advance

I echo LAnkou's comments. I think CivArmy's work is fantastic, and he's done some very obscure civs, which is just what the forum needs!

But if someone else has already spent time on a civ, then maybe focusing on the leaderheads would be a great idea - less work for everyone, and the best parts of everything.

Personally, I'd be willing to conform to a standard of 2 leaders if that would get everyone together.

Of course, that's just one idea. I also understand that people like to have their work as their own because they spend a lot of time doing it and it means something to them.

Just one small correction CivArmy:

Queen Teuta of Illyria

I am wondering how this will look! I think it will break ground since it will be your first female leaderhead.

well, 2 leaders or more, isn't that important for me, but i admit i prefer civ where there is at least 2 leaders.

on the opposite, i'm totally against civ with more than 1 UU.

on the UU design: avoid ship and planes: ships are too much map dependant (Portugal on a pangea could reach and colonize the new world before everyone, but have no UU on a lakes map). Planes are not that usefull until late game, can't be upgraded, well, a plane UU is an underpowered UU

on the UU bonus: well, try to be imaginative and not overpowering...

LAnkou said:
well, 2 leaders or more, isn't that important for me, but i admit i prefer civ where there is at least 2 leaders.

on the opposite, i'm totally against civ with more than 1 UU.

on the UU design: avoid ship and planes: ships are too much map dependant (Portugal on a pangea could reach and colonize the new world before everyone, but have no UU on a lakes map). Planes are not that usefull until late game, can't be upgraded, well, a plane UU is an underpowered UU

on the UU bonus: well, try to be imaginative and not overpowering...

I agree, I don't care how much leaders there arew but more then one UU would indead be catasrophical, the same story with ships and planes with as acception that there realy are no other options or that there are other options but that the ship is just so much more historical correct.

Oh and civ army incase it whas my information that made you misspell stadshouder sorry(same same!:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: ) I am just very bad in writting without typo's but I geuse you had already noticed that with my posts, again sorry:( :(

Haarbal said:
don't wanna be a little know it all, but it stadshouder Willem van Oranje
im dutch, so i should know

I copied and pasted the title typed by anjf in his e-mail to me :)

Wyz_sub10 said:
I thought Nubia wold be a better choice because the core of the kingdom extended from early Badarians right through to modern Nubia, if you will.

The Kush kingdom was a bit of a piecemeal collective after Kerma fell apart. And of course the Noba conquered the Kush and have been there ever since.

Plus, I think Nubia is a bit more recognized.

I agree :D

Wyz_sub10 said:
The French and the Dutch - one refuses to fight, and the other pays someone to do it for him.

:lol:

LAnkou said:
Civarmy, everybody here really appreciate your work, it's a fact.
However, why not propose it instead of creating a duplicate civ? like you did with carthage? A lot of people need your talent for LH, and i'm sorry to say that, i think they often design in a better way the same civ as you... (top of the head: turks, canada, australia, Bulgaria).

I can imagine it quite frustrating, but, maybe if you really want to release on your side, maybe try unique civ (to me, your best civ are still Brazil, Portugal and vikings...and your worst the duplicate ones)

By the way, since you did such wonderfull work on LH, do you mind if i take only the LH from your "duplicate" mod and put it in Superciv? top of the head: champlain for quebec for exemple.

thanks by advance

@LAnkou, @anjf, the reason I do my own version of the civis r because I don't know there is another version or because I don't agree with some rules, a.e., I don't like civis with more then 2 leaders... other players don't care about it and enjoy 2 or 3 UUs per civis, other's don't, other's don't like 3d static LHs, well, the case is the different taste of all us and its normal. I think creating these stuff is a hobby and must be fan :D I think the best option is use 3d LHs to all new civis, so, if a new civ uses a 3d LH I'd think it isn't necessary I produce one myself and I wouldn't blame the other 3d LH creator if he had created a LH that I've created before, as I said, it must be fan and if he like to create that LH I think he must o that :)
another point is I've created many civis, just few of then receive special attention with new diplomacy, ambiental music or new sounds, but if someone wants create that new stuff to me my pleasure to add it. and we have to remember all my civis r betas since the LHs r static, so, when the time cames I can add new stuff, as animated LHs, units created with my own models, sounds, new texts...

Top Bottom