1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NEXT LEVEL MOD: pack with all the CivArmy's civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by CivArmy s. 1994, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Rshu

Rshu Chieftain

Ah, I see. Thanks.

2. Jecrell

Jecrell Ruled: Civ3 - Civ5

Sorry guys -- I've been holding off on the work since the last day I posted before. Not too long after I made my last post I came into the posession of an Xbox 360 -- and it stole my soul.

I'm back and continuing work on updating the project. I think many of you will deeply appreciate the changes. It should be up in a few days.
    (Yes, I did change the Nguni to the Zulu -- mostly because the Zulu are classic (Civ3) and a lot of what was already done reflects in the mod reflects the intent of including the Zulu. The only thing that was changed was the name).

Here's a screenshot of the Impi unit. A reskin of the Skirmisher set into melee mode under the guise of the Warrior. It came out so that you can clearly distinguish between a Skirmisher and an Impi, I'm proud of the results.

And, if anyone out there is just desperate for an update, I'll upload what I have so far to a free uploader tommarrow and anyone who desperately needs their fix can have a hotfix to play until I get the full thing out. I've done a lot of revising, editing, and set up changes here and there.

I want this thing so polished that it'll shine brighter than a brand new golden toilet seat!

3. michaelangelo

michaelangelo Chieftain

nice work, but aren't there a few other civilizations u made that aren't in the pack?

4. Haarbal

Haarbal Prince

well, i read it from some dude het at civfanatics and i'm not sure about the numbers, but the point is there :) we cant create them yet.

haarbal

5. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

If it's cool with everyone, I'd like to do a "Nguni Redux" edition. CivArmy wants only 3d leaders so the mod doesn't include the other leaders I drafted. I'd like to do a separate Nguni civ with the 4 leaders I had done.

Excellent work. If I can, I'd like to borrow this for the mod.

6. Jecrell

Yes, but the Korean Civilization will be included when CivArmy finishes his leaderheads for it. I think we're doing it the same way we did Carthage, splitting the work load between us so we can work things out.

However, my Carthage came out really soddy for some reason with CivArmy's release. But I did get it fixed for the upcoming release.

7. Jecrell

The Hotfix is now available.
    Download: http://www.filegone.com/b1ao

Please note, a lot of things havn't been addressed/fixed yet, but this is both a temporary solution and filled with all sorts of changes. See if it works and tell me what you think.

Feel free to use it.

8. Supreme Shogun

Supreme Shogun Warlord

Edit: whoops sorry for the double post.

9. Supreme Shogun

Supreme Shogun Warlord

Awesome! This mod is super.

10. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

awesome UU!!! :goodjob: I didn't know about the Malese UU when I did the Nguni UU, for this reason I didn't use this model. it is as cool as that Mountie that u reskined :goodjob:

11. Jecrell

Well I'm sure if I told you my idea you'd try it out, but I'm also sure you're busy adding so many new Civs/Leaders to the project, and I would save you a lot of time by making one myself. It's going to be hell to find unique colors for each of your new civs. :)

I'm continuing work as best I can -- updating and revising every little thing I see.
    And CivArmy, be sure to check things out in the hotfix. I've made so many changes, both minor and major, and I intend to make some more before I'm done.

12. Kain3

Kain3 Chieftain

Jecrell: nice work! will you update and balance Civarmy's other civs too?
    (the ones not included in this mod, like Haida, Benin, etc.)

13. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

14. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU for everyone that has enjoyed the mod and for everyone has improved the mod with new units, editing XLM and giving suggestions :thanx:

15. Jecrell

It's part of the Hotfix, the download on page 1 is the version the hotfix fixes.

16. anjf

anjf Warlord

Thanks a lot Jecrell this is awesom.

Also a question to Civ Army:

Can you give as a preview of what you are working on and are planning to do much further, if possible including updates on exciting civ, such as this mod, or for example the Portugese.
    Don't bother give release dates that will probaply only give you stress, so you can leave those behind

If you could do that I would realy thankfull, and with me much others I think.

It would also be a bit more easy for you. Because if we know what your plans are we can help you with civ before they are release with could eb handy in case your stuck and have an incomplete civ.

Al ready Thanks

P.s sorry for my bad english

17. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

this is the plan :D :
    - step 1: finish the 2nd leader to Portugal, Australia and Argentina
    - step 2: to do the Polish civ. I'll try use stuff already ready as flags and city list, I must contact the creators of this civ. It has 2 leaders
    - step 3: join every new leader mine on part II of Next Level Mod
    - step 4: launch a new pack of new civis. some examples: second leader to Tibet, 2 leaders to Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, Mayans... something between 15 or 20 new LHs
    - step 5 or 6: launch the part III of Next Level Mod with these new civis
    - stet 5 or 6: launch a BETA of Europe Mod with the civis that I already did. more infos about this here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142681&page=3 (post 6)

18. erik316wttn

erik316wttn Chieftain

Can you put the Confederate States of America in there? I know someone already made a CSA mod, but I think it would be great to have it in there with your other Civs.

19. battles.14

battles.14 Chieftain

Jecrell -

How did you figure out what the values were for each of the colors? Was there a program that can help someone figure this out?

20. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

SimCutie, in an attempt for mod color standardization, has completed a new color table with the information already encoded in the XML colorvals file.

Visit this thread here to download her work.