Next turn - 1100 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

funxus

Orange Cycloptic Blob
1020 AD: Tim's plan...

1040 AD: BP and FJ build dips. (harbors)
BS builds food caravan. (another)
Igl builds Beads caravan. (another)
VM builds MP. (caravan)
FW builds salt van. (another one)
PB builds food caravan. (another one)
EF builds salt caravan, grows to 10. (another one)
Nae builds Dye van. (another)
LC builds food caravan, starts celebrations. (another)
Ipec builds salt van. (another)
LP builds hides van. (another)
RF builds cloth caravan. (MP)

Tim's plan...
Deliver Dou caravan to Teo: 558g/b, no route.
RB harbor in Dou, IPRB caravan in Neu.

Dip finds hut, wait popping it until city is established.

1060 AD: Chinese develop Astro.
Greeks and French can't get along...

We discover Sanitation:goodjob: (Chemistry) (Other choice: Navigation)
Dou builds harbor. (Sewer)
Neu builds Dye van (demanded. (another)

Deliver Igl (not Ipec as in plan) copper: 76g/b, route 3t/turn in Igl
Deliver LP hides: 72g/b, route 4t/turn
Deliver FW beads: 72g/b, route 4t/turn

Find Thessalonica with trireme.

EF finish growth, prod now 10s.

1080 AD: Zulu acquires the wheel from Azt. Aztecs get WC.
Indians undertake ST.
BP builds harbor. (start temple)
FJ builds harbor. (starts temple)
BS builds beads caravan. (another one)
Igl builds spice van. (temple)
PB builds Dye van (no longer demanded by Dou). (another one)
LC builds salt van. (another one)

Both settlers now unloaded on Aztec continent. (dip has been moving around:( )

Trireme has almost returned, Nae no longer demands hides. Therefore I decide to move caravan to Tlaxcala.
RB sewer in Dou.
Ipec caravan delivered to Dou: 72g/B, 3t/turn. (Beaker box full)
IPRB for about 65g.
IPRB to 40s in Neu for 50.

1100 AD: I see an aztec caravan and dip nearing C3.
We discover chemistry.:goodjob: (invention) (other choice was feudalism)
EF builds coal van (demanded by Dou). (Another one)
Dou builds sewer. (Shakes)
All caravans unload in Dou.

I haven't played that many turns, but it felt like it was time to stop: we're about to found 4 new cities, wher the location of one should be reconsidered, and two are threatened by a dip. We also finish ST next turn and are about to discover Invention soon which will lower the payoff for many of the caravans coming towards Dou.

Excellent job. A couple more turns and those cities will have their third camel on the road - then we will have a very nice economic engine cranking. (Then the MoDA can have some fun again!) Very nice job adapting as situations changed from what I had projected, particulary noticing Naervana no longer demanded hides! :goodjob:

If I counted correctly we should be able to deliver 10 caravans by 1140 - and as Dou grows we'll be getting more and more on the payoffs. I think we are just going to have to accept the fact that Invention is inevitable before any more big deliveries are made and just move forward with the reduced payoffs. I'm guessing even after invention the internal deliveries will be 40-50g as Dou grows and the foreign ones will be in the 300-400g range. (I'll do some more calculations soon to get a better idea of what to expect). On the other hand, getting beyond Invention to Democracy will help some of the more distant cities by eliminating corruption. (Viking Mine will become a very nice city all of a sudden!) We'll have to watch out for the unhappiness from our ships and such, but we can certainly work on ways to deal with that. I'll try to look at things and work up a poll for where to head next.

Examining the cities reveals that 11 caravans remain to be built for every city on the main continent to have 3 trade routes. Since we have little cash and there are a few turns until a Dou caravan arrives somewhere building caravans either will get delayed or we need to raise taxes.

We also need 3 temples, 3 harbors, 6 marketplaces and 7 aqueducts. In addition Dou needs a stock exchange and we may want banks and sewers in a few cities (Neu and RF in particular).

Building caravans, temples, marketplaces and aqueducts in BP and FJ to get size 12 cities in our colonies would be nice too.

And we'll want to build AS, Leo and Bach soon.

Then there's the question of timing, especially the question of when we can become a democracy and when we will celebrate next. The MoDA would greatly appreciate if the science ministry could provide an estimate of roughly how many turns from now we'll discover democracy assuming no changes to the science rate.

Site C2 is on a hill, so either we build it somewhere else, or we use FJ's settler to mine it. Anyway at least we should consider its location again.

I'll probably play again on Wednesday, but I'm not free on this wednesday or next, so if something comes up, which I doubt, I might have to play on Thursday.

Yes, the hill is a bad location but the geographic knowledge wasn't perfect when the plan was made :D. Instead we should probably chop down some trees and found the city one square NW of the settler so we can work the buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom