Idea for Rhyes and Fall of India

Can't you open the original map in MapView, then create a bare map, then select the stuff you want from the original, copy it and paste it in the new map? I thought MapView supported stuff like this.

Can't you open the original map in MapView, then create a bare map, then select the stuff you want from the original, copy it and paste it in the new map? I thought MapView supported stuff like this.

I tried that, and I was able to merge the layers and have the correct dimensions I wanted. But the game crashes whenever I try to load it.

If you try loading RFC, it will crash because the map's dimensions are different.

Can you show us the map? By attaching it to your post for instance. Would be easier to help you that way.

Era=CLASSICAL should be Era=ERA_CLASSICAL

also,

Speed=NONE should be Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL

I fixed those two things and it worked.

Era=CLASSICAL should be Era=ERA_CLASSICAL

also,

Speed=NONE should be Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL

I fixed those two things and it worked.

Still doesn't work for me, which folder did you place the corrected map under? And Wh underat civs were playable, two or all of them?

I did change a few other things. I thought they weren't the cause of the crash but maybe they were :D Map attached to this post.

Attachments

• RFCIndia 300 B.C.CivBeyondSwordWBSave.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 67
I cannot thank you enough, it worked perfectly! I'll upload the map as soon as I am done making it. And I can keep ghaznavids and any other northern civs

wow that would have been great to read before I started my dll changes.
EDIT: oops didn't realize it was just posted. anyway thanks for writing it up. I'm sure others will find it useful too.

The new map is up! As a bts save, and thanks for the "documentation" edead, that will be very useful

there should also be a indo-greek kingdom.

Is this... dead?

I would be really sad if it were.

Well, sort of. I need to learn how to mod everything but school is getting in the way so spare time is pretty much gone.
Unless someone else wants to start this, all the basic info is on the first page

I'd love to help with this. Unfortunately, XML is my current modding limit :lol:

I'd love to help with this. Unfortunately, XML is my current modding limit :lol:

That's good to me! I guess you could create the new civs if you have spare time. I'm not worried about leaderheads, flags, art etc. yet. At least something would be done

I'll see what I can do over the week.

I wish Synthesis wasn't sapping my time, or I would have loved to help :(

My recommendation is to work off a SoI base, because as edead posted here earlier, he created a technical documentation forum post that'd be really helpful.

Top Bottom