Next turn - 1754ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favored & Critical Cities: 1754AD

Tax=20% Lux=30% Science=50% Treas = £3900

REGIA CIVITAS=26: 6 Scientists!   Spy 0/30 in 3?
Elysium=22: 3 Scientists! Irrg to grow, Walls 24/80 in 5?
  related plans for GG Harbor to grow further.
Civvium=17: Growing, Bank PRB £160 in 2 (N!)
Reneaux=15: 2 skulls, Bank PRB £76 in 3 (N!)
  Irrg w Plains, then SE forest to grow.
Marl Downs=12: plains & 1.TaxMan to Grow, 3 Routes,
  switch Freight 5/50 to Bank? Seem essential.
Neuma=10: growing, sw Frt 0/50 to Sewer, PRB next turn £184 in 3
Legendary=11: Frt in 1, Silver? Spice? start Granary?
  Needs Routes and Sewer to Celebrate?
Routskilde: Destroyer £6 +£25 +£25 in 1, st Aquaduct in 15
  swamp to ocean, Celebrating, 4.happy+4, Food+2, needs Roads!

Banana Bay: Routs Peat? ocean to Elvis, Engr in 2, then???
Kaupang: Pheasant to ocean, sw Aquaduct to Market, RB £130,
  then Aquaduct and manage PRB somehow
Aarhus: forest to Elvis, Cav in 3, mess in 10, Market?
Westness: shield to ocean, sw Dip to Engr in 10, Roads!
Melampyrum: forest to ocean, sw Harbor to Market?
Gordium: shield to road, Temple in 1, then Roads! & Market?
Bactra: GLS to ocean, send Engr to Road ASAP

This is expense of merely £620. F5 $326 -49, Sci 940 in.3

But then what? These plans only last a few EndTurns.

Review of serfs and cities - 1754AD

Nemo Bay could freeze at Size=2 and provide military support like Hips.

TFalls=8: PRB £52 Aquaduct in 3
Nemo Bay: Freeze on forest, Van in 3, Silver Dehli, IPRB?
  Freeze as follows: serfs forest & plains, Food+0

Gabba Gabba: Frt 44/50 in 1, then Harbor, help Elysium SSC
Bedfont Lakes: forest & mine, Market in 7, then Van
Frozen Toe: IPRB £19, Engr in 10
Addict Town: could sw Dip 21/30 to Engr in 7?

Mordhiemia: Start Cavalry in 15?
Octavia: Engr 18/40 in 4, then another Engr

Dellham: start Market? PRB £68 1756AD
Monks Towne: 3rd Engr in 2, Irrg, Market or Build City?
Fort Anarchy=5: IPRB=30 £21, Van in 3, then Van
Monks Towne: 3 Engrs! Van in 7 with IPRB, then Van or Engr
Mulled Mine=5: Cavalry in 3, then Van, needs Green Road.
Castle Jayne: PRB £76 Aquaduct in 40
Cymru Straits: Bribe Indian Knight £398 blocking Road?
Indian Watcher: Temple in 4, then? Van or Dip

Skara=5: Elvis to 2 ocean, Temple in 11
Viborg: needs Road.
Uppsala: Silver Frt? then Aquaduct ASAP, could WLTK
Lindow Moss=7: Elvis to ocean, WLTK, Silk Van , st Cav? Road!
Eriksson: Elvis to ocean, Dip in 6, another Dip

Nautilus=5: forest to road, Temple in 4, then Engr
Mirkwood: Harbor in 4, then what? Van, not Engr
Melampyrum: PRB £30 Harbor in 4, then Engr
Cold Front: PRB £36 Harbor in 7

Antioch: kill them all!

It's gone a bit quite round here. I play in 48 hours. If you don't contribute, you can't complain about how the game goes!

Maybe I'll check out the game tonight.
It's been a busy weekend for me with not a lot of spare time unfortunately....
Could you state here what you would like to see here? Building Q's, plans for attack etc.

Thanks Civ1! You've been very helpful! Any sort of contributions are helpful, even just basic ideas. Let me know of any cities that need something specific building - such as harbors. I can often work out what may be needed, but I seem to be getting more a nd more switches recommended which is knocking my confidence a bit!

War plans are definately useful. We've lost a few units over the last few hundred years.

Oops, a leak from the past :eek:

Monks Towne=8: 3 Engrs! Frt in 7 with IPRB, then Frt or Engr

Means: with 3 Engrs, keep building Freights. Also, Freeze Food by moving serf from river to unirrigated plains. If you can ever build a city with one of these, sw Frt to Engr.

A possible plan of attack:

The transport 12N of Nautilus should keep on moving to the west along the pole. When arriving at Aarhus it can pick up the cavalry that is being build there along with one of the spies now in Viborg. Then it should head towards Jorvik to pick up another spy to join in the battle of Spain.
The destroyer in Routskilde should be rushed (otherwise ready in 6 turns) for 56 gold and can sail north past Jorvik and look for ships there. While being there it can provide protection for the transport

The destroyer near Jorvik could sail to Vigo to look for some ships that need to be killed to avoid the transport now near Westness to be attacked. Then it can sail on to Barcelona to attack ships there, we don't want any units from there to reach the cities we're attacking now.
The transport near Westness can pick up the Westness spy (it is being replaced in 3 turns), sail west, pick up some riflemen and head for Vigo, bribe that town. The transport can follow the destroyer and be quite safe. There are is one more spy on board now and maybe can bribe another city. (Barcelona?)

The destroyer near Prague could join the transport north of Nautilus but I would not do that. Instead I would send this destroyer towards our new cities in Persia (near Gordium) for additional support there. It's quite close to the Russians and Spanish there and I feel they are up to no good! Also there the destroyer can give us information on Russian cities we cannot see yet.

Jayne: I hope you like it! :)
All others: I hope you like it too and if you have any comments please feel free to post here.

Freight 1754AD

Delhi demand: same Silver Salt (/Silk!) ("Not Silk"), Madras: same Silver Silk & Dye. Lahore: same Gems Dye (/Coal?). The Indians have deteriorated from Receptive to Hostile, and menace us at Indian Watcher, the SW Elysium island, and our mainland cities of Legendary City and Hipsheim. Monks Towne is now precarious with no guard, but perhaps secure.

We have 4 Frt and 17 in production.

At Ebor: Silk Frt, at Dellham Beads.
At RC: Prague Silk, could rehome for Madras, also BFL Silk. Keep it since only Madras demands Silk.
However, an impudent Indian is blocking the road to Cymru Straits. We could bribe it for only £398 and rehome it in Hipsheim.

We need Silver Silver and Gems, also Dye Dye and Salt. No Oil demand :(

Domestic Trade routes
RC is earning £36, Elysium £48, Civvium £25, Ren £27, Marl.Downs £18 . Neuma needs two more routes, Routskilde all 3.

Freight nearly completed:
Nemo Bay: Frt IPRB £8 in 2, Silver!
Gabba Gabba: Frt in 1, GEMS to RC to Lahore!
Beast Flats: Frt in 1, Beads Cloth Oil?
Fort Anarchy: Frt IPRB=30 £4 in 4, junk?
Hipsheim: Frt in 5, Oil? could Elvis so Food-1
Monks Towne: Frt in 7, IPRB, Salt!
Legendary: Frt in 1, Silver! St Granary, cut food, PRB
Udal: Frt in 2, Gems!
Lindow Moss: Frt in 1, Salt or Silk?
Uppsala: Frt in 1, Silver!

Leave Build Q on Frt for all such cities?
Always rehome in RC for greater distance to India?

Comments on the above plans? Other ideas? Objections?

I like Civ1's plan. It is thought thru quite nicely, and I have studied most of it. I would prefer overwhelming force available at Vigo before bribing it, as well as any other enemy city. We could be building more Cavalry, rehoming them in Hips and Nemo Bay as well as many other cities. Also, keep bribing Nones!

Civ1 - Excellent plan. I was thinking of bribing Vigo anyway, so I'm glad you agree. I'll use the spy to set up an embassy first as well, and I'll investigate the city first to see if I can get some clue to the location of Madrid. Bribing Barcelona is also good. We get control of Sun Tzu's which doesn't expire until Mobile Warfare.

By the way: [party]:bday:[party]

Originally posted by Jayne
Civ1 - Excellent plan. I was thinking of bribing Vigo anyway, so I'm glad you agree. I'll use the spy to set up an embassy first as well, and I'll investigate the city first to see if I can get some clue to the location of Madrid. Bribing Barcelona is also good. We get control of Sun Tzu's which doesn't expire until Mobile Warfare.
Excellent plan to first establish an embassy and investigate the city before bribing Vigo. Spies really are great! Not only is SunTzu's nice to have, it's also nice that the Spanish don't have it anymore. :D

Originally posted by Jayne
By the way: [party]:bday:[party]
Thanks! :)

It looks like I might have time to play this evening after Lucy has gone to bed. If I play, I'll post again. Should be around 1930GMT. I should be able to play a couple more turns too.

Any objections?

Go for it. Please keep Hipsheim and Nemo Bay as Size=2 Military Support cities. And remember you've always been worried about Monks Towne having no guard? Well, those Indians have been nearby for TOO LONG. Please bribe the Indian Knight £388 blocking our road, rehome in Hips, to guard Monks for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom