Next Turn - 500 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I think about it, the only sensible thing to do with REGIA CIVITAS after building Mike's, is to build a Settler. That is also on the fast path to build Marco's, or anything else, because not enough Caravans will arrive in a few turns. Later, when the Caravans do arrive, we will have to stop and build a Settler to keep the celebration going. So now. Civvium needs another Road desperately, and we also need to send a helper to Beast Flats Island, where the Food Box will shortly equal zero.

On the other hand, we could use the Elysium Salt to build Marco's instead of Trading with Trondheim. That with Neuma Hides, Ren Silk (hiding in GG) & FA Cloth make 4 caravans. FA Caravan ships down river to RC in 7 turns. But read on, because TFalls could supply the missing Caravan, which takes RC back to Settler, methinks.

Regarding TFalls Diplomat, we have 2 Diplomats already standing in Aonia. One is on duty near Bedfont Lakes, where it guards Civvium, REGIA CIVITAS, LN and TFalls. The other is a wastrel near REGIA CIVITAS. We could (rehome it in LN and) let it guard Elysium GG and CJ. So what will we do with the Diplomat that TFalls is about to complete? There are a few choices. One is to send it over near LC, except that LC is also completing a Dip in 1 turn. The Trireme S of Elysium lacks a Dip Captain, but it doesn't seem to really need one. That Trireme seems too far away from Penguin Flats to make a difference. But, we could switch TFalls to Caravan, and so release the Elysium Salt Caravan to trade with Trondheim.

REGIA CIVITAS: Start a Settler, to continue Size=5 celebration
REGIA CIVITAS: Start a Caravan / Dip, stall for Marco's Caravans
Elysium: Granary 0/60 in 10, Grows in 30, pathetic
Elysium: Harbor 0/60 in 10
Elysium: Marketplace 0/80 in 14
TFalls not complete Diplomat, switch to Caravan $4 in 7.
TFalls complete Diplomat in 1 ... to do what?
Civvium: Crusaders 0/40 in 8. Grows in 2, good!
Civvium: Something else, such as Caravan or stout guard.
Civvium: Start a Harbor and hope Mike's really works.
Penguin Flats: IPRB $16 to speed Diplomat
Penguin Flats: Fish to Forest to speed Diplomat
Penguin Flats: IPRB $16+11+Forest, Diplomat in 3
Penguin Flats: IPRB $16+25+Forest, Diplomat in 2

BFL, LN, GG, Beast Flats, see status above.

This is 5 ideas. Would you like 5 polls, one like usual, or pray tell me how to divide this some other way.

NUF has these cities that can build anything:
REGIA CIVITAS Settler, Elysium Granary, Civvium Crusader, Dellham Dip, Fort Anarchy Caravan?
Uppsala: Legion 4/40 in 9, grows in 9?

No-one's taken up Chryshe yet, so I will post polls. Hopefully I'll find time on Saturday to post a report.

Thank you, Governors Dell19 and Jayne.

I have been thinking about the Triremes. If noone objects shortly, I will start a new thread to discuss them. I will include Jayne's remark about the LC Trireme returning East to Dehli.

And, the Aonia poll as outlined above is desired?

It'll be good to start thinking on what to do with the triremes. We need to explore that's for sure, we need to be able to ferry units to Viking lands to conquer them, we need to have a ferry between the mainland and the colonies on the surrounding islands and we need a ferry to ship settlers to the islands we want to settle at our coast near OP and MD.
So......we need to make up our minds which triremes will do what tasks.

That poll you've posted about seems good to me, post it! :)

The Polling decisions poll seems clear:
People are happy with the Duke, the Governors and the President, but noone is sure about me except myself. :lol:
Interestingly, polls may not be the binding will of the people, and the Provincial Governors are not expected to precisely control their province. We have been playing that they do, more or less, subject to the President getting the last word, which is really only natural.

On the Tax 500AD poll, 8 citizens voted:
30% Tax and 70% Max Science is barely ahead.
Go ahead and disband Roskilde somehow, build Marco's, play several turns.

It seems attractive to raise taxes, because the extra $10 seems that we get something for nothing. But the "Turns to Next Science" is a quotient, an approximation. The Libraries and Copernicus are multiplying the Science of two cities. Therefore, any reduction in Science is a reduction in productivity, total Food +Tax +Beakers +Shields of output. I recommend 70% Science.

-GaryNemo, acting Minister of Productivity.

Saturday, Turn 500AD, 5AM

A bit dreery around here, isn't it? MonkE is reserved, seems a bit silly with all of the recent accomplishments. Jayne & I are cool, no real reason, this is only a game. Dell19 drifts in and out, busy with The Real World. Mordhiem and Ren have forsaken us. What we lack, of course, is Thaumaturge. The duke o' york is the only Citizen with any real excuse to be sore. Octavian doesn't seem to be grieving any more.

Let's rename our Mother Of Settlers to Octavia's Point, and as much as possible get back to normal around here. I noticed Nautilus appear in the news above. I'd rather reserve that name, or something similar such as Nemo's Forest, for F4, 3NW of REGIA CIVITAS.

Elections are coming up. I'd be pleased if MonkE ran again, or Jayne, Civ1, Dell19 or Octavian X. Since we had an elegibility crisis recently, allow me to throw Funxus' hat in the ring. Although not an elected official, he is a frequent poster, and so in tune with Our Game. Clearly to me at least, that is the real criteria of an acceptable candidate. Rout or Leowind would be great too, but do they have the software... Other frequent posters: ainwood, heliogabalus, naervod. Don't know what happened to Serutan, StevieP nor CivGeneral. Elsaak? If I've slighted anyone by not mentioning you, sorry, just chirp up.

I must go home and get my wife and Opa off to New York City. I'll be back in an hour to post my turn plan. Then I must tend to my son, who is getting an ultrasound this morning. I'll be back again around lunch time, ready for anything.

Edit: It took quite a bit of extra time to pack Opa, but he is off to start a new adventure in New York City. I have less than an hour to post my plan.

Chryshe recommendations

Unfortunately only 7 people voted in the South, 6 in the North, and polls are close.

LC: Build caravan
Dellham: Diplomat
Reneaux: Caravan
Udal: Temple or settler (temple was voted for previously, but I'm sure the Home Office would recommend settlers instead)
Uppsala: Change legion to diplomat
Fruit City: Votes split equally between unit, settlers and dip
Routskilde: Build unit first

Recommend moving FA serf from grassland to roaded grassland.

Recommend sending LC trireme east along coast back towards LC where Dehli most likely located.

Send Neuma settler to build Whale City (name?). Guard with archer and new LC dip?

Do whatever it takes to disband Roskilde before it grows again (e.g. IPRB, permanent Elvis)

50% of voters would like to build on single tile Buffalo Island SW,SW,SW,SW of Udal with Udal settler, however I believe another town was already planned for that unit :

GaryNemo wrote: Hill Mine City (W W W NW of FA, also NE of Fish) and Plains Filler (W of Dellham Hill) come first.

Plan and Details 500AD

I see we are building many Settlers in Boreum, where corruption is nil, yet more Temples in Chryshe, where corruption runs about 20% . Seems unproductive to me. I understand Boreum is expanding rapidly off shore, but Chryshe has many many city sites as well. Hill Mine, V2 Whale & Peat, New Buffalo Island.

30% Tax and 70% Max Science - approved 5 - 3.
Disband Roskilde, first found Fruit City & rehome units.
Play a normal set of turns.

Immediate changes

REGIA CIVITAS: Road serf to ocean for 1 turn
Little Nemo: Elvis and NW Grassland Road
TFalls: IPRB=30 $4, sw to Caravan (A)
  mostly road serf for growth, Forest once
Bedfont Lakes: Serf to Civvium Road for 2 turns,
  in 2 turns, Civvium will grab this Road.
Civvium: Crusaders 0/40 in 8. Grows in 2, good (A)
Penguin Flats: IPRB $16, Diplomat, serf on Forest (A)
  then IPRB=20 $11, Diplomat in 2 more turns.
Khorsabad: serf to GLS, Settler in 1, another Settler?
Eboracum: Diplomat to replace Trireme Captain? (N)
  Good to grow, Dip then Settler?

Neuma: Forest serf to Plains Road, +1 beaker,
  grows in 8, Settler 4/40 in 12.
Reneaux: serf to River grassland, grows in 10.
  Diplomat in 2, then Caravan?
Dellham: Diplomat in 6 (A)
Monks Towne: Forest serf to Oasis for 1 turn,
  Temple, tho I dream of a Settler.
Fort Anarchy: Dip (A) or switch to Caravan in 10? (N)
  Serf to Roaded Grassland (A)
Roskilde: Elvis and IPRB=20 $19 to begin
  alternate Elvis and Whale, IPRB
Uppsala: vote is change to Dip.
  Legion or Crusader in 9 preferred (N)

Changes after one or more turns:
Mike's is here, no Elvis, boost serf growth.

REGIA CIVITAS: Settler 0/40 in 6 (A)
Little Nemo: serfs on Roads, Settlers in 4
Civvium: When Size=4, serfs to Road and Forest?
Octavia's Point: grows in 4, check serf on Grassland w Trade
Monks Towne: Serfs on River Grassland
Legendary City: serf from Fish to Oasis, Tax-1 Prod+1
  Start Caravan (A)

Continue on Plan
Elysium: Harbor or Marketplace, *TBD
Gabba Gabba: Caravan in 5, perfect for Marco in 7
Beast Flats: Diplomat in 3. Food will lock.
Marl Downs: Settler 8/40 in 8
Mordhiemia: Settler 6/40 in 9
Reneaux: Dip in 2, then Caravan (A)
Udal: finish Settler 33/40 in 3, SW irrigate.
  Then I would prefer Settler, yes.
Castle Jayne: Settler 21/40 in 5?

I am out of time, will recheck this for Marco's in 7.

*TBD: To Be Determined, (A) Approved, (N) Nemo

Marco's Plan and afterthoughts 500AD

REGIA CIVITAS is Mike's in 1, then Settler in 6. The FA Cloth Caravan follows the river bends 19 hops to RC, 7 turns, perfect. Neuma Hides is near CJ, no problem. Ren Silk is hiding in GG. GG is Caravan in 5, perfect. That's the four we need for Marco Polo, which I'll poll next turn. TFalls can be Caravan in 5 by attending to the serfs, Road and Forest. So any one of these Caravans is a spare.

TFalls Silk finishes Mike's Chapel. So Elysium Salt is Northbound to Trade with Trondheim, and Elysium Wine is boarding now for Hladir or Viborg. RC Silk is sailing to Dehli. MD Silk is walking to Neuma, to CJ. That is all 8 Caravans. Some new Trade Caravan ideas:

Udal Gems, rehome Dellham or Reneaux, deliver to Elysium Demand.
Civvium could build Salt, deliver to Elysium Demand, or Silver to RC.
Uppsala Silver, rehome in Dellham, deliver to RC Demand.
Elysium Dye, to Marl Downs Demand.

Please read the Triremes thread for recommended plans. Dip Captains like to go ashore to explore a few more squares, then reboard their Trireme. I assume the MD Trireme is coming back for a Dip Captain, so I suggest Ebor switch to build the replacement Dip Guard. The new Ren Dip heads West to patrol the hills SW of Fort Anarchy - ok per Jayne.

Not clear if the Neuma Settler is supposed to found India Whale Port (Plains SE of whale) before building Road. Recommend both Settlers build Road first, W to desert, W to Plains Coast. Ren Settler to complete Mine, then SW SW charge, link Desert Road, then Plains Filler (W of DH Hill). Udal S SE charge, E NE Irrigate Udal. Ros to found Fruit City on Forest with Archer & Phx - perhaps N N charge in case Peat Road takes too long?

Name Cities generically: Fruit City, MD NE NE NE, Indian Whale Port, Plains Filler, South Wheat, V2 Peat, Buffalo Island, and such.

Jayne may be Christmas Shopping Sunday, so if you'd like to Govern Chryshe, let us know. We're open to plans and polls Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom