Next turn - 60ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
REGIA CIVITAS: Dip 14/30, another Caravan?
  Recommend IPRB $13, then $6, Caravan in 5 turns.
  Recommend we retain the Scientist, serfs 2 Whales & 2 Roads.
Elysium, Wonder 30/300, grows in 4
  has Temple, 2 guards, 5 shields + 5 Tax + 15 Beakers
TFalls: w serf on Forest, Temple 36/40 in 1 turn, then?
Civvium: Caravan 10/50, Serf to Forest, then 7 shields/turn
Little Nemo: Settlers 30/40 in 4,
  one of 2 existing Setlers Must Build a City...
Bedfont Lakes: Caravan 21/50 in 6 turns, could IPRB $8
Gabba Gabba, Caravan 0/50 in 10,9,8,7 or 6 turns with $.

Marl Downs: Happiness Problems. Extra guard?
Mordhiemia: Temple 9/40 in 11, less with a bit of Forest
Octavia's Point: Archers 6/30
  Recommend Cancel Settler Irrigation, build a Road
Eboracum: Caravan 29/50 IPRB $2
  Serfs on Whale & Forest, Caravan in 4 turns.
Neuma: Settlers 34/40 in 2 turns, then where? Next?

Roskilde: Settlers 33/40 in 3, seems on plan...
Dellham: could build a Caravan...
Reneaux: Caravan 6/50, with 2 Black Dudes!
  serfs on PLAINS River & Wine Mine to Freeze growth!?
Castle Jayne: could build a Caravan...
Legendary City, 44/50 of Caravan in 1 (w serf Iron)
  Potential Disaster, move both guards back in?
Monks Towne: Archer 12/30 in 6, change to Settler?
Fort Anarchy: Caravan 12/50, 3 shields/turn
  needs Coal Mine ASAP

We have 2 caravans in GG. I have changed the download to all Caravans, so: we are constructing 3 Settlers, 11 Caravans, 2 Archers, 2 Temples, and Elysium Wonder.

If you study the download, note I have made several changes in the summary posted above. Clearly we might change some of our 11 Caravans to a Diplomat and a Trireme, but which ones? I prefer planning for the Elysium wonder to dictate our choices, but ...

I have figured out how to build Copernicus in 8 turns. MonkE posted several of the details, and that encouraged me. Shortly I will post the solution in Copernicus 60AD.

I will probably give this solution to you for nothing, but I would like a present in return ... F4 in Term 4!

Have the Vikings finished the oracle yet?
I saw a reference in the 300bc thread that they had nearly finished???

Pyramids and Great Wall of Dehli - Indian
Lighthouse and Oracle of Trondhiem - Viking.
We have Hanging Gardens and Colossus, soon: Copernicus!

We need a bit of expert help in the Copernicus 60AD Thread:
Can we change Legendary City serf to Iron, Caravan in 1, then LC falls into disorder? Will that work? Or do we need to do a wasteful Rush Buy now in order to get that Caravan moving toward Elysium?

Chryshe Province has fallen into Civil Disorder. I wish we could build a Road from CJ toward LC, but there are no Settlers near there now. The TFalls Settler that is SW of GG is spoken for, unless an LN Settler could go up there N of LN right now. We have six Settlers, I can see all 6, none are close to CJ. That Road will need to wait ... not long, I hope.

by GaryNemo
President MonkE, can you tell us your schedule (In Turn 60AD, please)?
I think I will be able to follow the fine example of President Queen Jayne and play twice per week, though I'm not sure which days work best. I am hoping that Saturdays and Tuesdays will work well so that our current schedule may continue. Time of play will generally be around 0:00 GMT during the week and 22:00 GMT weekends. I will post again here when I know more.

Since it may be useful, I have signed up for ICQ - #173937897. This is also posted in the National Registry.

I am planning to review polls, threads, etc. today about 6 PM my time (0:00 GMT), and will play shortly afterward. Please (everyone) vote in the polls and post your views.

Mr President, At the moment the people want research in the following areas:

Polytheism - Monotheism
Wheel - Engineering - Invention
University - Theory of Gravity
Republic
Banking - Democracy - Economics

I shall update again before the next turns.

Ministry of Science

Mr President, I will summarize decisions in 5-7 hours in the Aonia & Copernicus 60AD Poll threads.

At the moment, the idea to build Copernicus in 8 turns seems well supported, as well as the idea to rehome and deliver the Wine, Elysium to REGIA CIVITAS ASAP, before the demand changes. (If it changes, consider saving the Caravan for a Wonder; I only deliver into Demand with max Trade Ocean Silk Gems both cities)

Many micromanagement ideas are posted above in this thread, which generally stand.

I am now working on some Chryshe ideas, which I will post for discussion in the Boreum Discussion thread.

What to do with the Trireme has not been addressed. I am leery of loading the Settler with the Warrior, but this plan is well supported by the People, as well as our recent Queen. Hopefully we will find a small safe island with nice Green. Monks Town is presently building an Archer. By putting Elvis to work, serfs on River and Forest, this Archer could be completed in 5 turns and be sent to crew the Trireme.

We must address the Governor Pool idea. If I do not hear from Our Duke in 4 hours, I will post a thread of proposed Rules, as well as an interim Governor Pool so your Term may begin as smoothly as possible.
Octavian, naervod, Serutan, Jayne, Civ1 come to mind.

-Domestic Advisor, humbly elected for the third time.

Mr President MonkE, sir. I here try to summarize the plethora of scattered details, while keeping within the will of the people.

Keep 30,00,70% Max Science. Keep 350 gold, spend $19 every turn to IPRB Caravans.

Copernicus in 8 turns. Key Caravans: Legendary City, Bedfont Lakes, GG, and REGIA CIVITAS. Elysium will have 50+ shields built, and the fifth caravan is already standing in GG. The plan as written has not been modified, except to deliver the Wine now, rather than delay - no emergency is expected.

In the Copernicus poll, there was some support to build another Diplomat, in some Northern City. Not LC, which must complete its Caravan with the Iron, then cope somehow to build a Temple. Not Eboracum, which I believe should complete its Caravan and start walking South.
The new GG Wine Caravan: to Elysium, Rehome using city unit menu, then deliver into demand at RC. There are persuasive arguments to not delay, and that this Caravan will not be needed to build Cops anyway.

Please refer to Aonia 60AD poll results, they are quite clear.

Mr President, sir, you posted some good ideas for unhappiness fixes in Copernicus 60AD. Although there is no good solution for LC, better solutions for the other cities have emerged that built upon your ideas. Regarding LC, we need the Caravan in 1 turn, Iron serf, and do what you can after that.
Boreum thread has unhappiness solutions for MD (grab the nearby Archer), Reneaux (your idea, but why not build a Phalanx?), and Dellham. The Boreum thread ideas are integrated below:

Summary of micromanagement changes:
Some cities have just completed a Temple, and must be changed.
REGIA CIVITAS, switch to Caravan, IPRB per Cop's Plan.
TFalls, Warrior out, serf to Forest, Temple 36/40 in 1 turn.
  Then TFalls starts a unit, Settler?
BedFont Lakes, Serf to Forest to Freeze at Food=3, Caravan in 6
Civvium Serf onto Road, grows in 16, Caravan in 7 turns
  Silver is demanded by REGIA CIVITAS
Gabba Gabba, quickly build another Caravan.

Marl Downs, resolved in Boreum thread, grab the nearby Archer.
Neuma: Settlers 34/40 in 2 turns, serfs River & Forest
  Settlers NW Road Plains, then Road CJ to LC,
  start a unit? Settler? Temple? Settler seems best...
Eboracum, IPRB $2, serf to Forest, Caravan in 4
  Perhaps Salt Caravan, rehome on Reneaux, deliver to Elysium?

Dellham: just built a Temple.
  serf to River PLAINS to slow growth,
  build a Phalanx Police, add with Archer, grow to 3
  serfs on Road & River Plains, start a Caravan
Reneaux, serf to Wine Mine, several ideas have been posted,
  Plains River, IPRB $8, Phx in 2, Food+1 on turn 2.
  Slower growth means more Caravans before another Settler
Monks Town Size=2 ok without Elvis, serfs River & Forest, Archer in 5.
Legendary City Growth Crisis, serf Fish to Iron, Caravan in 1.
  Then perhaps Elvis Whale & Oasis to build a Temple?
Castle Jayne, Serf to Road (Celebrating!?)
  Start a unit, Settler or Caravan?
Roskilde, keep Elvis to restrain growth.

The TFalls Settler on the Forest can move E E charge, then
  NE to build Road N of LN, recommended for 400 years!

Soon, let's build the COAL MINE for Fort Anarchy, and
  a Road from CJ up to Legendary City.

An afterthought. Cities are growing too fast. Please consider serfs on Forest and Ocean, or Roaded Plains, to slow growth.

Looking at the beautiful picture of Chrshe in the Term 4 Cabinet thread, and thinking about that Vking Horse, brings me focus.

Where is that Horse? Moving The Archer into Dellham, sending the Neuma Warrior over to Monks Towne, shifting the Legendary City Archer, all seem warranted. Maybe send the LC Diplomat.

Then there is the mystery of the Castle Jayne Celebration. What does that mean? CJ has a Temple and no guard. The Elvis permits the other two workers to Celebrate! Moving the Phx in has no effect. Without Elvis: riot. With Elvis, no guard, Celebration! This deserves more of everyone's thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom