Next turn - 740 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

funxus

Orange Cycloptic Blob
660 AD: Settler moves to coast. Legion moves to defend dip. Trireme takes a little tour around, discovers gold.
Set taxes to: tax-40% sci-0% lux-60% (trying to mix Tim and Vikings rates:) )
Rearrange workers.
RB temple in FW.

SP (Science progress): 195b

680 AD: Zulus overthrow... to republic!!! Lucky for us:goodjob:
BS, Igl, VM, Ipec, RF starts celebrating.
FW (size 8) builds temple. (Starts Caravan, rearrange workers to get 8s prod.)

Talk to indians: Exchange IW and Wheel. (they get university and Philosophy)
They want to exchange Feu and Astro, we turn down, they demand Astro, we turn down.

BN (beakers needed): 702b
SP: 203b
Maximize Dou trade - deliver beads to ulundi: 464g/b, 5t/turn
SP: 667b

Talk to indians: Turn down offer of exchanging Astro and Feu - gift astro. Exchange maps. (Worshipful)
BN: 676b
BN - SP = 9b

RB University in Dou.
RB harbor in Neu, one ocean worker gets to perform magic for a turn.(still happy, 1 food deficit)

Load settler to ship, Legion goes to coast, dip explores a bit.

700 AD: French trireme attacks Aztec trireme. French barely wins. Chinese develop banking.
FW lose celebrations.
Dou builds University, we get banking, indians get banking from GL. (Buy a caravan for tot. 125g).

List of techs:
BB
Economics
Engineering
Feu
Medicine

Ulundi beads increased to 6t/turn. Einstein now gives 12b/turn.
Neu builds harbor. Prod set to 7s, still celebrating. (Starts caravan)
4 million inhabitants.

BN: 702
SP: 2b

Deliver Copper van to Dou: 160b/g, 3t/turn (Replaced Ulundi trade route:eek: )
SP: 162b

Deliver Dye caravan to Ten: 468b/G, no route in Dou.
SP: 630b
T: 1031g
BN-SP = 72b

Sci set to 20%, Magician in Dou gets to collect money (5g) - Tot. Sci=76b

Two options when it comes to celebration:

One is to spend money on aqueducts in RF, LP, EF, FW and Nae for 660g.
The other is to pull down lux to content level.

The cities are in need of other improvements to get up to 12, i.e. harbors, MP and settler improvements.

I decide to rush aqueducts...

New alterations this turn:
Fw prod set to 10 (buy shields to 40)
RF, Nae, LP, EF switch to aqueducts, RB them.
T: 523g

720 AD: Igl celebrations ended.
FW builds beads caravan (for Isaacs) (starts another one)
EF builds aqueduct(no surplus, ending celebrations) (Starts caravan).
Nae builds aqueduct (rearranging workers, continue to celebrate) (starts a harbor).
LP builds Aqueduct (rearrange workers, continue celebrations, no prod) (starts caravan).

Develop BB:
Economics
Feudalism
Medicine
Navigation

RF builds aqueduct (rearranging workers, continue to celebrate) (would need harbor, starts caravan)
Neu reaches size 12. Production set to 10 after crusader in FW is rehomed.

Tax rates set to 10%, 30% and 60% (Next turn is end of celebration)

740 AD: BS builds settler. (starts caravan)
Celebrations in VM cancelled. Resume normal production.
EF celebrations cancelled.
Dou builds caravan:
Dye (Demanded in Delhi, Zimbabwe, Paris...)
Hides (Demanded in Delhi, Tenochtitlan...)
Gold (Demanded in Tenochtitlan...)

I know we said Hides, but gold gives higher payoffs and we'll get to Ten sooner...

Ipec cancels celebrations.
Neu cancels cel.

5 million inhabitants.:)

Things to consider:
I never got an answer last time of what to do with the settler we aquired close to China. Any suggestions where to settle it.

Taxrates, workers and einsteins...

Build queues...

Plans for getting wonders, settlers (expansion) and foreign traderoutes...

I hope I followed the plan all right.

It was a dilemma to chose between ending celebrations and aqueducts. We now have 7 more workers/pops + some from the other smaller cities than without them.

I decided to have a peek at the demo game again... :)
Not too much to say for me, I'm not into the game yet. But...Berlin could well be the mother of our army! We won't have to build any units in the future, we can just buy barb units. :D

That's one reason to place a city on that continent. Placing it under the swamp with three visible specials and two river squares would be nice, get it some protection (we already have a non-legion) and set it for building dips.

We have a settler on the Trireme? I think the Berlin Barb Farm plan has merit. That might be a good name for the city, actually :lol: Or maybe Zwelgje should name it?

Bribing barbarians is an excellent idea, maybe we should try to bribe one barbarian for every other caravan we deliver or something like that. However, we should take care not to found a city too close to Berlin because then we could get into a situation where we would be unable to bribe a barbarian because it would be supported by Berlin Barb Farm (an excellent name for a city in this area). So we should keep an eye towards founding a city on the island (?) W of the trireme but maybe explore a bit before deciding.

Hopefully we have enough money to bribe the Barbarians. For one thing, we should start to defend against hte Barbarians if they do try to attack us.

Founding Berlin Barb Farm on the island would necessitate keeping a boat around to ferry dips to the mainland to bribe barbs, though it would effectively prevent the barbs from ever attacking the city. I think a better alternative is the forest at the tip of the small peninsula directly south of the trireme's current location. It is a 4-special site!! on defensible terrain (assuming we don't irrigate first) and we can easily control the barbs' access points to the city. We should have dips out there buying up any approaching barbs anyway, so I don't think there would be any real danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom