NFL 2009 Regular Season

Azale

Deity
Greetings gents and ladies, it's about that time of year again. NFL football is right around the corner with pre-season games in the foreseeable future and most offseason transactions done. Like hell I was going to wait on Brett Favre to open this thread, I might have had to wait until October.

So go ahead! Predict some stuff and throw out general homerish nonsense about how the Cowboys WON'T be winning the Superbowl this year :lol:

All times below are in EST and PM.

NFL Schedule

Preseason Week 2
Cincinnati at New England (8/20, 7:30)
Philadelphia at Indianapolis (8/20, 8:00) FOX

Tennessee at Dallas (8/21, 8:00) FOX
Atlanta at St. Louis (8/21, 8:00)
Kansas City at Minnesota (8/21, 8:00)

Detroit at Cleveland (8/22, 7:30)
Carolina at Miami (8/22, 7:30)
Pittsburgh at Washington (8/22, 7:30) NFL Network
Tampa Bay at Jacksonville (8/22, 7:30)
New Orleans at Houston (8/22, 8:00)
Buffalo at Green Bay (8/22, 8:00)
NY Giants at Chicago (8/22, 8:00)
Oakland at San Francisco (8/22, 8:15)
San Diego at Arizona (8/22, 10:00)
Denver at Seattle (8/22, 10:30) NFL Network

NY Jets at Baltimore (8/24, 8:00) ESPN

Links of Interest

Teams ranked by strength of schedule
Uniform changes
Players taken in the 2009 Draft

First, the Cowboys obviously cannot make the Super Bowl because Tony Romo will be too distraught after the breakup with Jessica. :p

Suckitude to playoff pick : Kansas City

Playoff to suckitude pick : Atlanta

Free Agent Nuclear Bomb : Albert Haynesworth

Jay Cutler will be the recipient of the "Be careful of what you wish for, you just might get it" award.

Josh McDaniels will turn out to be the latest rotted branch of the Bill Bilichick coaching tree.

The QB Who Must Not Be Named will eventually crash and burn again this year, wherever he
signs.

Predictions {In order to taunt me properly, please wait until the end of the season}

Divison Winners :

AFC

East : NE
North : Pittsburgh
South : Indy
West : KC (I know, I know - but it's a bloody weak division).
WC1 : San Diego
WC2 : Tenessee

NFC

East : Philly
North : GB
South : NO
West : SF
WC1 : Dallas
WC2 : Carolina

SB : Pittsburg v. Philly
Champ : Pittsburg

AFC

East : NE (GO PATRIOTS)
North : Pittsburgh
South : Indy
West : San Diego
WC1 : Ravens
WC2 : Tenessee

NFC

East : Philly
North : Chicago
South : NO
West : Arizona
WC1 : Giants
WC2 : Panthers

SB : NE v. Philly
Champ : NE

Suckitude to playoff pick : Chicago

Playoff to suckitude pick : Vikings

Predictions:

AFC:
East: New England
South: Indianapolis
West: San Diego
North: Pittsburgh
WC1: Miami
WC2: Jacksonville

NFC:
East: Philadelphia
South: New Orleans
West: Arizona
North: Green Bay
WC1: NY Giants
WC2: Carolina

Superbowl: Indianapolis vs New Orleans
Winner: Indianapolis

Wishfull thinking: GO RAMS!!! :)

Arizona has both the Super Bowl Loser's curse and the Madden Curse against it. I don't see them finishing above 8-8 at best.

Arizona has both the Super Bowl Loser's curse and the Madden Curse against it. I don't see them finishing above 8-8 at best.

They're in the NFC west, which helps tremendously.

Although I am a Rams fan I am realistic enough not to expect the Rams contend for the division title.
Seattle is totally dependent on the question if Matt Hasselbeck can stay healthy, and San Francisco still needs to figure out who's going to start at QB.
So, all things taken into account, Arizona seems the most stable choice here...

i wouldnt call new england afc east champions (let alone super bowl champions) until i have seen brady being the old brady again in their first regular season game.

Ugh. How many times have I predicted San Diego to make the Superbowl?

NFC
East: New York Giants
West: Seattle Seahawks
North: Green Bay Packers
South: New Orleans Saints
Wildcard1: Dallas Cowboys
Wildcard2: Minnesota Vikings

AFC
East: New England Patriots
West: San Diego Chargers
North: Pittsburgh Steelers
South: Houston Texans
Wildcard1: Indianapolis Colts
Wildcard2: Cincinnati Bengals (!!!)

Superbowl: New York vs. San Diego

Vick was a louzy passer before he went to jail. I don't think two years without NFL quality football has improved that.

He was functional as a passer, but the threat of him running was always there... he was a very good all-around athlete imo.

The teams that are supposedly interested include Oakland & Cincinnati. Seriously. Detroit has also been rumored, but that would be like going back to prison.

The teams that are supposedly interested include Oakland & Cincinnati. Seriously. Detroit has also been rumored, but that would be like going back to prison.

SI has Washington as a possibility. :scan:

:lol: Poor Campbell. Now Danny is trying to replace him with QB's that are actually WORSE than he is. He already has Brennan on his back, ready to step in and win the fans hearts over.

Seriously, if I was Campbell and even had a playoff/terrific season... I would leave the Redskins 1 minute after the season ends. I know it is a business, but give the guy a little bit of respect.... jeez.

Vick has more playoff victories than Tony Romo, Jason Campbell, Sage Rosenfels, and Tarvaris Jackson put together. :mischief:

So does Trent Dilfer, SOMEONE GET THAT MAN ON SPEED DIAL!

I don't care how many playoff wins Michael Vick has. I still don't want him in a Rams uniform. Fortunately Devaney and Spagnuolo seem to share my opinion. :)

Bad news though:

RIP Jim Johnson

Tough loss, even if it was farily clear that he wasn't doing well at all. I am not an Eagles fan, but I always enjoyed watching Jim Johnson's defense attack all opponents offenses....

Top Bottom