wc1: titans
wc2: chiefs

nfc east: eagles
nfc west: san francisco
nfc north: packers
nfc south: saints

wc1: vikings
wc2: bears

Several of you have the Chiefs doing quite well :scan: , what are you seeing there?

And the AFC West is pretty weak.

Several of you have the Chiefs doing quite well :scan: , what are you seeing there?

Al Davis is still making the (wrong) decisions for the Raiders. The Broncos imploded late last season and off-season, and are probably a coin flip at this stage. The Chiefs have taken tentative baby steps in the right direction, while in a weak division. The potential is there, remains to be seen if they can capitalize.

Chiefs fan.

It's still the Charger's division for now.

Rams sign no.2 overal pick Jason Smith

A great start to the first training camp under Steve Spagnuolo. All rookies under contract. Now, maybe, we can start building a new team. I hope Smith and especially Lauranaitis (since the Rams are very thin at LB) are ready to contribute immediately.

Unfortunately I see Alex Barron projected as the starter at LT on most websites. I hope this won't be the case. I realize Barron is a better pass blocker than he is a run blocker, but with Bulger's injury-proneness I am a bit hesitant to trust guarding his blind side to Barron (who's not exactly overwhelmed me with his performance since the Rams drafted him). But maybe that will change this year. After all, it is a contract year for Barron...

I was very surprised to see that the front office pulled off the signings so smoothly, but that's probably because I've basically grown used to the incompetence of the Zygmunt/Shaw F.O. over the years.

However, I do have to criticize Spagvaney for causing the aforementioned lack of depth at linebacker in the first place - releasing Pisa Tinoisamoa. I don't know what the projected cap savings are, and admittedly Pisa isn't exactly a perfect fit for a Spagnuolo type defense, but when Chris Draft is the second most experienced linebacker on the team, that's nearly saying that last season's atrocious run D wasn't bad enough. (I do find it amusing that two Rams that ostensibly weren't good enough for this season's roster, Pace and Pisa, are projected to be starters for what most analysts think will be NFC North champions)

As for starting Barron at LT over Smith, Barron is far more likely to screw up an RT assignment than an LT one - plus, is a developing converted tight end really going to do any better protecting Bulger?

NFC
East: Philadelphia Eagles
West: Arizona Cardinals
North: Da Bears
South: Carolina Panthers
Wildcard1: Dallas Cowboys
Wildcard2: Green Bay Packers

AFC
East: New England Patriots
West: San Diego Chargers
North: Pittsburgh Steelers
South: Tennessee Titans
Wildcard1: Indianapolis Colts
Wildcard2: New York Jets

Superbowl: Eagles v Patriots

NFC
East: Washington Redskins
West: St. Louis Rams
North: Detroit Lions
South: Tampa Bay Bucs
Wildcard1: Seattle Seahawks

AFC
East: New York Jets
West: Kansas City Chiefs
North: Cincinnati Bengals
South: Jacksonville Jaguars
Wildcard1: Oakland Raiders
Wildcard2: Denver Broncos

Superbowl: Chiefs vs. Rams

NFC

East: New York Giants
West: Arizona
North: Green Bay
South: New Orleans

WC #1: Dallas
WC #2: Philadelphia

AFC

East: New England
West: San Diego
North: Pittsburgh
South: Indianapolis

WC #1: Baltimore
WC #2: Houston

Super Bowl: NYG v NE

NFC
East: Washington Redskins
West: St. Louis Rams
North: Detroit Lions
South: Tampa Bay Bucs
Wildcard1: Seattle Seahawks

AFC
East: New York Jets
West: Kansas City Chiefs
North: Cincinnati Bengals
South: Jacksonville Jaguars
Wildcard1: Oakland Raiders
Wildcard2: Denver Broncos

Superbowl: Chiefs vs. Rams

Oh..ho hooo

Now, I hear Edwards has been held out of camp with a mystery ailment. I know you're a big Browns insider so...do you think it's a staph infection? :p

btw.:

afc east: NE
afc west: san diego
afc north: steelers
afc south: colts

wc1: titans
wc2: chiefs

nfc east: eagles
nfc west: san francisco
nfc north: packers
nfc south: saints

wc1: vikings
wc2: bears

:goodjob: :D Maybe this is the year!

Can we at least wait till the preseason to start the regular season thread?

Top Bottom