NHL 2005-2006 Season

pboily said:
@sys: a win is a win is a win. No doubt, that 8-0 debacle would never have seen the light of day with Sundin in the line-up.

Indeed, then it would have been more like 7-1. :)

Hmmm, yes. Kind of makes me wonder what you're up to. ;)

pboily said:
I can't believe how easy it is for me to be the bigger man when my team is on a tear.

Funny, I seem to have no problem rubbing that fact in with my friend who is a Rangers fan :p

Well, he was so embarrased by it that for 5 years he never told anyone. :lol: All those years he claimed to be an Avs fan, but then revealed his dark secret.

I didn't even know there were Rangers fans.

Aye, they are a rare breed indeed. But if you look hard enough, you can eventually find them. I believe they are officially recognized as an Endangered Species.

after last night 5-2 win in Boston, the Sens are 9-0-0 against its Northeast division rivals...

hope WildFire had a good time nonetheless.

And now the 64,000$ question: who won the trade (at this point)? Ottawa or Atlanta?

sysyphus said:
I didn't even know there were Rangers fans.

Obnoxious New Yorkers are everywhere. They all love the Rangers, they're just a little more reticent about discussing it after the joke teams they've put on the ice since 1994 (scream that number next time you meet a Rangers fan, they think its hilarious).

pboily said:
after last night 5-2 win in Boston, the Sens are 9-0-0 against its Northeast division rivals...

hope WildFire had a good time nonetheless.

And now the 64,000$ question: who won the trade (at this point)? Ottawa or Atlanta?

Ottawa won the trade.

By stats:
Code:
                GP  G  A  P  +/-
Marian Hossa  - 15  7  11 18 +4
Greg de Vries - 15  1  10 11 -4
TOTAL         - 30  8  21 29  E

Dany Heatley  - 14  13 13 26 +16

And financially.

Hossa would have made $5 million this year, $6 million next year, and $7 million the year after and de Vries would have made $2.28 million. Heatley makes $3.5 million. Ottawa dumped $3.78 million this year and is still getting a great player out of it.

joycem10 said:
Obnoxious New Yorkers are everywhere. They all love the Rangers, they're just a little more reticent about discussing it after the joke teams they've put on the ice since 1994 (scream that number next time you meet a Rangers fan, they think its hilarious).

They're even dumber than Leaf fans!

De Lorimier said:
Now that's uncalled for!!!! :mad: No one is dumber than Leafs fans!!

Except for those who think Montréal will ever win another Stanley Cup :p

Ahhhhh. The season may not be going well for the Buds, but a nice victory (albeit a close one) over the filthy Habs leaves one with a good sense of well being. :D

sysyphus said:
Ahhhhh. The season may not be going well for the Buds, but a nice victory (albeit a close one) over the filthy Habs leaves one with a good sense of well being. :D

A victory?? Call it a steal! Did you see the equalising goal? Montreal deseved to win, say thanks to Belfour and Ms Luck.

Rhymes said:
A victory?? Call it a steal! Did you see the equalising goal? Montreal deseved to win, say thanks to Belfour and Ms Luck.

Ah, what is that I hear? Must be another Hinterland Who's Who snippet: The Wild Call of the Poor Loser. :p

TSN's November 14th Power Rankings

1)Ottawa
2)Philadelphia
3)Detroit
4)Los Angeles
5)Colorado
6)New York Rangers
7)Carolina
8)Nashville
9)Vancouver
10)Phoenix
11)Atlanta