2010 NFL Regular Season

Anyone who takes the Bleacher Report as serious sports journalism with good arguments has the same mental capacity as someone who reads Cracked for their history, or The Onion for the news.
Still no word on what he actually said. He must have done better than I thought.

It's up to you to present your own argument, dude. Nobody's going to debate a bunch of internet articles for you.
His argument sums up my argument, dude. Plus it adds extra that I had not thought of, dude. Also, dude, the writers at Redskins.com know more about the team than you think. Dude, they are even at training camps. They know what they write about, dude.

Are you five years old or something?

OK, i'll humor you Nicky. Ten reasons Rex should NOT start next year.
1. yes, he knows the offense; but so what? Knowing the play doesn't help when you can't read the D.
2. Who he learned under is irrelevant if he didn't learn enough from them. That isn't even a reason, so your article is down to 9.
3. This has nothing to do with his tenure in Chicago, so who cares how short their list of great QB's is? Again, not a reason, so your article is down to 8.
4. Saves you a pick?!? You're gonna need to use them on somebody, may as well address the obvious need.
5. Drafting a QB in the late rounds just blows that pick you guys saved earlier, negating both this point and the previous one. Your article is now down to 6.
6. Rex may have outperformed Donovan, i don't care to google the stats to confirm that though, because it isn't a reason to start Rex so much as another reason to part with McMuffin. So you're down to 5.
7. See #6. (bring the article down to 4 reasons)
8. John Beck is not the ONLY other option. Just the only one on the roster today. You can pull a Rex from the scrap heap for peanuts, so this isn't a reason either. Now we're at 3
9. Learning under a great QB? Well, even if we accept McMuffin as great, this isn't a reason. see #2 for details.
10. A shot at redemption? Really? So now poor performance in the past is a reason for future starts? NO, not a reason.

So your article gives exactly 1 reason for starting Rex, that he knows the offense. That argument is easily countered by the long list of reasons Rex should be unemployed next year. I know the Kool-Aid is delicious, but you should be a tad more discerning as to who's Kool-Aid you drink.

His argument sums up my argument, dude. Plus it adds extra that I had not thought of, dude. Also, dude, the writers at Redskins.com know more about the team than you think. Dude, they are even at training camps. They know what they write about, dude.

Yes, like every other two bit homer writer who attends trading camps and thinks his team's 4th WR will tear up the fantasy charts the next season :lol:

OK, i'll humor you Nicky. Ten reasons Rex should NOT start next year.
1. yes, he knows the offense; but so what? Knowing the play doesn't help when you can't read the D.
2. Who he learned under is irrelevant if he didn't learn enough from them. That isn't even a reason, so your article is down to 9.
3. This has nothing to do with his tenure in Chicago, so who cares how short their list of great QB's is? Again, not a reason, so your article is down to 8.
4. Saves you a pick?!? You're gonna need to use them on somebody, may as well address the obvious need.
5. Drafting a QB in the late rounds just blows that pick you guys saved earlier, negating both this point and the previous one. Your article is now down to 6.
6. Rex may have outperformed Donovan, i don't care to google the stats to confirm that though, because it isn't a reason to start Rex so much as another reason to part with McMuffin. So you're down to 5.
7. See #6. (bring the article down to 4 reasons)
8. John Beck is not the ONLY other option. Just the only one on the roster today. You can pull a Rex from the scrap heap for peanuts, so this isn't a reason either. Now we're at 3
9. Learning under a great QB? Well, even if we accept McMuffin as great, this isn't a reason. see #2 for details.
10. A shot at redemption? Really? So now poor performance in the past is a reason for future starts? NO, not a reason.

So your article gives exactly 1 reason for starting Rex, that he knows the offense. That argument is easily countered by the long list of reasons Rex should be unemployed next year. I know the Kool-Aid is delicious, but you should be a tad more discerning as to who's Kool-Aid you drink.
1. He read defenses.
2. How do you know he didn't learn enough? How do you know he won't learn more?
3. Chicago has been proven as a black hole for QBs. That means you can't really judge him off of his tenure there.
4. He meant that you can use that higher pick on someone other than a QB. Picks are valuable.
5. You don't waste a valuable high pick on a QB who isn't really all that good anyway.
6. Start Rex because McFlopp won't be around, and because there won't be someone else to start other than Beck, a low round draftee, or an unknown free agent. For mentioning of draftees, see 4 and 5.
7. The team did better with Rex than with someone else. They all liked him. The point is still valid.
8. Still, unless the Colts decide that Manning is no longer needed, Rex is the best option.
9. While this wasn't the greatest, it is true that McNabb did do well bringing up Vick and others, so Grossman likely learned from him. "Who he learned under is irrelevant" you might say? See 2.
10. This wasn't really a good reason.

Yes, like every other two bit homer writer who attends trading camps and thinks his team's 4th WR will tear up the fantasy charts the next season :lol:
You apparently haven't read any of their articles. They are nothing like that. Especially Larry Weisman.

Here is my list on why you should not start Rex Grossman:

1. Rex Grossman sucks.
Then Peyton Manning should not start either. You know why? He sucks. He really sucks. Proof? Meh. Proof is soooo last year. No? Try providing some reasons for your point.

Come on people! Why are we even discussing this with the chairman of the Rex Grossman fanclub? He's not going to see any of the points we (or in this case, more specifically, naterator) make...
But the Redskins starting Grossman at QB is great news for all teams playing the Redskins this year. I know the Rams play the Redskins this year. :D I just hope they play the Redskins early, otherwise Grossman is probably already back on the bench...

1. He read defenses.
2. How do you know he didn't learn enough? How do you know he won't learn more?
3. Chicago has been proven as a black hole for QBs. That means you can't really judge him off of his tenure there.
4. He meant that you can use that higher pick on someone other than a QB. Picks are valuable.
5. You don't waste a valuable high pick on a QB who isn't really all that good anyway.
6. Start Rex because McFlopp won't be around, and because there won't be someone else to start other than Beck, a low round draftee, or an unknown free agent. For mentioning of draftees, see 4 and 5.
7. The team did better with Rex than with someone else. They all liked him. The point is still valid.
8. Still, unless the Colts decide that Manning is no longer needed, Rex is the best option.
9. While this wasn't the greatest, it is true that McNabb did do well bringing up Vick and others, so Grossman likely learned from him. "Who he learned under is irrelevant" you might say? See 2.
10. This wasn't really a good reason.

1. He reads them poorly. I read better defenses better with my fat butt sitting on the couch than Grossman reads them.
2. He's almost 30 years old. His learning should be done, it's time to move on.
3. But really, any NFL fan can judge his ability. He sucks. It doesn't matter if he played in Chicago for 15 years either, he still was mediocre in Washington.
4. Any QB rated as a 1st round prospect is better/will be better than Sexy Rexy. Mark my words.
5. Like the guys who are very highly valued versus the trash we call Rex Grossman.
6. False.
7. 1-2 > 5-8. This, mathematically, does not even make sense. And who cares what Mike Sellers and a bunch of Snyder holdouts say.
8. Hahahahahahaha. :lol: Stop it, you are not a Redskins fan. Please, for the rest of us that have sweated Burgundy and Gold for years now, please stop it.
9. Stop that.
10. You're a goddamn liar at best, football idiot at worst.

4. Any QB rated as a 1st round prospect is better/will be better than Sexy Rexy. Mark my words.

Provided it isn't Cam Newton - after that 'icon' crack, I'd be very very afraid of him...

1. He reads them poorly. I read better defenses better with my fat butt sitting on the couch than Grossman reads them.
2. He's almost 30 years old. His learning should be done, it's time to move on.
3. But really, any NFL fan can judge his ability. He sucks. It doesn't matter if he played in Chicago for 15 years either, he still was mediocre in Washington.
5. Like the guys who are very highly valued versus the trash we call Rex Grossman.
6. False.
7. 1-2 > 5-8. This, mathematically, does not even make sense. And who cares what Mike Sellers and a bunch of Snyder holdouts say.
8. Hahahahahahaha. :lol: Stop it, you are not a Redskins fan. Please, for the rest of us that have sweated Burgundy and Gold for years now, please stop it.
9. Stop that.
10. You're a goddamn liar at best, football idiot at worst.
1. Says the person sitting on the couch who doesn't have to look for receivers as his O-line basically throws defenders at him.
2. So? Anybody can still learn. Improving is not exactly the worst thing in the world.
3. So why is it that the Redskins only losses while he started were in overtime or by three points? Doing well, and losing closely because your defense stinks isn't all that much proof of him being bad. And Chicago is horrible for almost every QB. It isn't an accurate way of judging QBs.
4. Any first round draft pick of any worth will be gone by the time Washington makes its draft pick. Anyway, the Redskins will probably trade down for more picks.
5. You still shouldn't waste a your best picks for a not-so-good QB when you can spend your pick more wisely.
6. It's still true.
7. -1 is more than -3. People who can't grasp that fact have mathematical.... issues. Anyway, this has nothing to do with it. The team performed better with Grossman than with McFlopp.
8. A: You make no point. B: I am a 'Skins fan. C: You make no point. D: What I said is still correct. E: Did I ever tell you how you made no point?
9. What was said was still true, and yet again, you made no point.
10. You refuse to make a point. Why? Because you have no way to disprove the points already made?

I cannot believe real people spent an entire page debating the merits of Rex Grossman.
The obvious conclusion is that NickyJ is not a real person.

The obvious conclusion is that NickyJ is not a real person.
And Red Door is not a real person, and neither is naterator, or illram, or....

Top Bottom