NHL 2005-2006 Season

At least Marchment hasn't broken anyones neck :p

And the Canucks are 2-1-1, meaning they have an overtime loss, which still counts as a loss.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
So, is Atlanta scoring so many goals because they are actually that good, or are they scoring so many goals because they are playing Washington? :p

Yesterday's score:

Atlanta 0
Montreal 2

Carolina 7
Washington 2

You've got your answer ;)

:lol: So, how many wins will Washington get this year? Especially considering how Carolina beat them so badly.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
:lol: So, how many wins will Washington get this year? Especially considering how Carolina beat them so badly.

:D coming out party for the Canes. They finally broke free on the power
play with 3 goals and several guys got their first goals/points of the year.
Hedican and Staal had excellent games and that rookie for Washington
dominated the first period by himself :eek: . The next game they play should
be very interesting, as I'm pretty sure the Caps were upset at Carolina
trying to pile on goals in the 3rd period :mischief: . At the end of the game
Witt (sp) took several swipes at Brindamour (sp) trying to knock his head
off, but only succeeded in knocking him and his helmet to the ice :p . Could
be some nasty stuff next game, as Carolina doesn't really have anyone that
could be considered an enforcer type :sad: .

SuperBeaverInc. said:
Are you implying anyone on the Canucks' roster broke another player's neck? Nonsense. I would have heard about it. :mischief:

dgfred said:
play with 3 goals and several guys got their first goals/points of the year.

Including Jesse Wallin? ;)

Yes :p And Zubrus was credited with it :lol:

The Habs won. :dance:
If you understand french, read this quote on another forum (yes, I go to other forums)

some stupid guy on a hockey forum said:
Avec la game de ce soir pour Yann Danis, on peut maintenant échanger Théodore, il goal comme un pied depuis le début de la saison...!

Out Théo, In Danis !

Théodore à Pittsburgh contre Malone, Tarnstrom,Gonchar, Fata, Orpik,Jackman pis 5 choix de première ronde !
If you don't understand french, he says we should trade Théodore because Yann Danis was great yesterday (and he was). And he is serious. Really.

So, who will be the first team to break the 10 goal barrier this season? From what I have seen so far, my bet is they are playing the Caps :p

Rhymes said:
Hehehe... Cough* Rds,,, *cough* talkbacks....
Surprisingly not! Normally, it is there. But this one comes from prohockey.forumactif.com. It is not as ridiculous as RDS.ca, generally. Generally.

Was that guy really serious? I mean, he would exchange Theodore for 6 players and 5 first round draft picks? How would the Habs stay under the cap then? Sounds to me like he was pulling your leg... although I'm not too familiar with Habs fans generally. Maybe this par for the norm.

SuperBeaverInc. said:

And the Canucks are 2-1-1, meaning they have an overtime loss, which still counts as a loss.

Bertuzzi never broke anyone's neck. Moore's neck wasn't broken. If it was, he'd either be dead, or a permanent quadrapalegic. He's neither. He didn't break his neck, the notion that he did was just bull**** from Pierre Lacroix to try an inflame the situation surrounding the single greatest threat (the Vancouver Canucks) to his teams continued dominance. Of course, it didn't work, because after that game the Canucks went 7-3-2 and captured the division title for good.

The Canucks are 3-1-1, and the flames are 1-4-1, which really means 1-5. Of course, I'm counting the blowout they'll suffer tomorrow.

Pasi Nurminen said:
Bertuzzi never broke anyone's neck. Moore's neck wasn't broken. If it was, he'd either be dead, or a permanent quadrapalegic. He's neither. He didn't break his neck, the notion that he did was just bull**** from Pierre Lacroix to try an inflame the situation surrounding the single greatest threat (the Vancouver Canucks) to his teams continued dominance. Of course, it didn't work, because after that game the Canucks went 7-3-2 and captured the division title for good.

The Canucks are 3-1-1, and the flames are 1-4-1, which really means 1-5. Of course, I'm counting the blowout they'll suffer tomorrow.
He chipped a bone in his neck, but didn't fracture the whole vertebrae. Technically he did break his neck but not in the classic broken neck sort of way so perhaps there is a bit of truth in both sides of the story. However it was a dirty and very dangerous play regardless of what Moore may or may not have done in the previous game against the Canucks. I understand the fact that you are supporting your team and star player but the rest of us see things a bit differently. Perhaps we should just agree to disagree.

Nice game against the Wild tonight btw. Cloutier wasn't as bad as tonights stats made him look and the 6-0 drilling on Wednesday seems to have woken up the Canucks for two periods at least.

Personally I have no expectations about the Wild this season. Maybe we will make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th team out of the west but I think we may be better in the long run if we kind of suck this year and get some good draft picks, the Wild seem to draft very well. We have good goaltending and solid no-name defence but our offence still isn't ready. We have Gaborik and a lot of really talented fast young forwards but they are all under 22 and are a few years away. Right now I am just happy the NHL is back and look forward to watching our young players get better and show a few flashes of what is to come. I miss the rivalries with Chicago, St Louis and Detroit but the NW is a fun division to play in, all the teams are good and in good hockey towns. I am more focused on two or three seasons from now. I think if the new NHL is here to stay it could really favor our young, fast, skilled prospects. PM Bouchard could have a breakout season this year if the crackdown on obstruction remains in force, the new (old) rules really favor him. I drool over the prospect of him and Gaborik playing on the same line in a few years. I also have high hopes for Foy, Burns and O'Sullivan in future seasons. I haven't seen Koivu the younger play yet so I can't comment on that. The Wild seem to be using the mid-70s Canadiens as their blueprint with tight defence and speed up front. The question is whether they will ever have the same talent. If the new rules hold it will force Lemaire to play a more exciting style than previously once the Wild have the offencive players, also, those players will allow him to. The crackdown on obstruction favours the style of players we have comming up. You will still be bored to tears if we blow you out 6-0 because you can't get anything going in our end (I won't be though).

I wasn't watching the game, as I was out at the CHL's Vancouver Giants game, and when I was looking at the score sheet and saw that Todd Bertuzzi had finally netted himself a goal, I became excited, until I looked over and saw that it was just an empty netter. :lol: I think the Canucks will start dominating night in and out when we start hearing less "...and Bertuzzi coughed up the puck."

Pasi Nurminen said:
I wasn't watching the game, as I was out at the CHL's Vancouver Giants game, and when I was looking at the score sheet and saw that Todd Bertuzzi had finally netted himself a goal, I became excited, until I looked over and saw that it was just an empty netter. :lol: I think the Canucks will start dominating night in and out when we start hearing less "...and Bertuzzi coughed up the puck."
He looks rusty and out of shape to me right now, a bit tenative too. Either that or his conscience has turned him into a head case as far as hockey goes, he is impulsive but I don't think he is a sociopath so that is a possiblity.

Given the lock out and the "new NHL" I think the first 20 games don't mean much this season.

pboily said:
Was that guy really serious? I mean, he would exchange Theodore for 6 players and 5 first round draft picks? How would the Habs stay under the cap then? Sounds to me like he was pulling your leg... although I'm not too familiar with Habs fans generally. Maybe this par for the norm.

And you think Leaf fans are nuts? :crazyeye:

Does anyone know which of the Ottawa/Boston and Toronto/Montreal games is being broadcast out west? CBC has them both at the same time, but doesn't say which regions get which.

Top Bottom