1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NiGHTS: Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civilization NiGHTS' started by markusbeutel, Aug 26, 2011.

1. wcbarney

wcbarney Know-it-all

Is this a bug or an Easter egg (or Christmas gift)? In my last game up 'til well into the medieval era I seemed to get extra (i.e. "gifted" or free) techs. For example, I was actually researching Rifling, and when it popped I also got another tech -- Dynamite, I think. It wasn't caused by a completed RA. The only thing different in this game was that I managed to build the Magellan's Voyage wonder which is supposed to give you a discount on techs already discovered by other civs; does it give you those techs free instead??

2. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

The Storehouse/Oil refinery descriptions are worded poorly at the moment - I'll make these tool-tips more clear in the next update. Good find on the PS synergy - will be fixed as well.

That ability works a bit different than what I originally thought, (it's an undocumented xml tag - probably left over from CIV IV). Instead of an overall 15% discount on techs others have discovered, it's a cumulative 15% discount for each Civ that has discovered a Tech that you haven't - which can indeed lead to some free techs. At the moment it'll be over-powered on higher difficulty levels where the AI techs fast, but on lower difficulty levels the payoff won't be nearly as great.

I'll adjust this ability for the next update, so for now - it can be an early Christmas gift... that I'll be re-gifting in a week or so. :)

3. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

- Solar Plant synergy bonus (+4 gold from organized labor) does not work
    - Research Lab synergy bonus (+5 gold from microeconomics) does not work
    - Hydro Plant synergy bonus ( +5 production from macroeconomics) does not work

4. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Thanks again technomancer. :) I accidentally used the buildingtype instead of buildclasstype for these tags, but luckily most games probably won't reach the point where these are even built as they come later in the Tech Tree. Will be fixed for v10.5.

5. IxI

IxI Chieftain

10.3a
    with Industrialism I see Oil and can build Wells, but I can not "use" these Oil until the research of Combustion. I'm in a position where I have many oil wells but can not build an aitport because I have not researched combustion.

And why do you design synergys which you don't expect to be used? :)

6. Balerune

Balerune Prince

On turn 369 a city state I was allied with gifted me a warrior. I hope this is a bug. I made friends with the city state in order to get free units and I was happy as peaches to get this unit.:lol:

7. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

- TEOTIHUACAN again, you corrected the TECH_MCASTING requirement but set it to BLUE_MOSQUE :)
    - Great Lighthouse promotion tooltip (the icon tooltip on a ship) isn't fixed yet
    - RESOURCE_IVORY is still missing from the temple building

8. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

I guess it all has to do with how you choose your tech paths and planning in advance for these sorts of situations. As for synergies not being used - what I meant was that most games are over by the time the more powerful synergies would come into play. They're there for the games that last into these later eras - ensuring that later buildings feel substantial compared to early/mid era buildings. (Although nothing beats Granaries). :)

Well I hope you put that Warrior to good use! :lol: This seems pretty random and hasn't been reported yet, so hopefully it's just a one-off on the part of the City-State AI.

You're like the NiGHTS XML proofreader - my thanks again. :)

Teotihuacan/Ivory will be fixed for v10.5 - although what exactly is wrong with the promotion tool-tip for the Great Lighthouse?

9. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

The tooltip says 1 sight/1 speed though it is actually 1 sight/3 speed (not really gamebreaking but as as german I am pedantic by nature :)

10. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Ahh - okay, I'll make sure to change that. :)

11. rayss8

rayss8 Chieftain

Since I haven't downloaded the 10.4, I played with 10.3 and used Babylon. A free scientist is not granted when "writing" is researched. Is it a bug or it's modification in Night Version? Thanks

12. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

None of the UA's from vanilla CIV V have carried over into NiGHTS - as all the leaders have new custom traits.

13. Gorhaax

Gorhaax Warlord

Playing version 10.4 as France and in Orleans I was building a trireme. When I researched Republic my trireme stopped building and i then had to restart building with the caravel. Shouldn't my production carry over from the trireme carry over to the caravel?

14. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

You'd think it should - but unfortunately this is how CIV V deals with obsoleting units/buildings. The transition between Triremes and Caravels is closer together in NiGHTS, which makes situations like this more noticeable than in vanilla CIV V.

15. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

BUILDING_TAX COLLECTORS OFFICE: YIELD_GOLD is 10 but description says 20

16. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

I'm not seeing this one. Is this in v10.4, or v10.3a? This particular building has an assortment of modifiers in that it generates +10% through a policy, +10% on it's own, and +1 for every 5 population in a City. (The +1 is written as (20) in the XML as it functions as 20/100 or 1 for every 5 population.

17. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

10.4, without counting the synergy bonus (which actually pointed me in the direction of the bug because I only got 20 % gold bonus after constructing the building instead of 30 % though I already had the policy). This is the code from my 10.4's buildings.xml:

<Building_YieldModifiers>
    <Row>
    <BuildingType>BUILDING_TAX COLLECTORS OFFICE</BuildingType>
    <YieldType>YIELD_GOLD</YieldType>
    <Yield>10</Yield>
    </Row>
    </Building_YieldModifiers>

18. markusbeutel

markusbeutel NiGHTS

Isn't this correct though? +10% initially, and an additional +10% for the policy for +20% total.

19. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

ok, i finally know what was going on, sorry for having bothered you. If you have a policy which increases an already existing value of a building (gold in this case) the "description" (the number % after the gold icon) changes to the combined value (base + policy) but not immediately, you need to reload the game first. I did not not expect this behavior and as so I assumed a bug with the building.
    Display changes after reloads (I just double-checked with fire tuner) are slightly confusing, my bad :-(

20. technomancer

technomancer Chieftain

- "Conservatism" policy synergy description is missing (but the synergy bonus works)
    - "Docks" do not work with ocean-based oil resources, is this by design ?
    - "Bell Foundry": The promotion does not work (replacing it with PROMOTION_SENTRY works btw so there might be something wrong with the Extra Sight promotion)