NiGHTS: Bug Reports

Definitely not supposed to happen. :crazyeye: Do you have any other mods, (or previous versions of NiGHTS) installed? If so, disable/delete those. Then follow the install instructions and reinstall the mod - which should clear up the problem.

Maybe let me rephrase my questions. Where is mechanized infantry suppose to be unlocked? On the civilopedia, it states that it would be unlocked in the Electronics tech but when I looked at the tech tree, it seemed to be missing altogether. Sorry for the confusion earlier. Thanks.

Maybe let me rephrase my questions. Where is mechanized infantry suppose to be unlocked? On the civilopedia, it states that it would be unlocked in the Electronics tech but when I looked at the tech tree, it seemed to be missing altogether. Sorry for the confusion earlier. Thanks.

Ahhh - okay I see what you're trying to say. Currently that unit isn't in the mod, and it won't be until I start expanding the future era as there's not really a good spot for it right now on the tech tree. It's listed under a vanilla tech in the Civilopedia, (all vanilla techs have been disabled), and all vanilla techs have been replaced with custom techs in NiGHTs.

This was done to help "patch-proof" the mod, as patches were constantly adding connectors/buildings and rearranging techs, which would in turn cause crashes in mods unless fixed. Even though they're disabled, they still appear in the Civilopedia - and until I know for certain that CIV V isn't getting any more patches/expansions/dlc, I won't delete them. (If I do, the can of worms gets reopened as added content will look for and reference these techs which = crashes and bugs and conflicts between other mods).

Bottom line, don't bother looking up info in the tech tree. All the info you need should be in the tool-tips provided throughout the mod.

Ahhh - okay I see what you're trying to say. Currently that unit isn't in the mod, and it won't be until I start expanding the future era as there's not really a good spot for it right now on the tech tree. It's listed under a vanilla tech in the Civilopedia, (all vanilla techs have been disabled), and all vanilla techs have been replaced with custom techs in NiGHTs.

This was done to help "patch-proof" the mod, as patches were constantly adding connectors/buildings and rearranging techs, which would in turn cause crashes in mods unless fixed. Even though they're disabled, they still appear in the Civilopedia - and until I know for certain that CIV V isn't getting any more patches/expansions/dlc, I won't delete them. (If I do, the can of worms gets reopened as added content will look for and reference these techs which = crashes and bugs and conflicts between other mods).

Bottom line, don't bother looking up info in the tech tree. All the info you need should be in the tool-tips provided throughout the mod.

Right, so at least I know that mechanized infantry is out, which will force me to explore other infantry types.

Thanks for the game it has been really challenging. Balancing money/happiness/expansion/military has been most interesting I would say. Keep up the good work.

Right, so at least I know that mechanized infantry is out, which will force me to explore other infantry types.

Thanks for the game it has been really challenging. Balancing money/happiness/expansion/military has been most interesting I would say. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Bayushikira. :) v10.3 is really coming along so don't start any new games in v10.2 unless you can finish them - as saves will definitely not carry over. Lots of interesting changes regarding Governments and UI are coming - and the AI has gotten a lot of work as well regarding their naval aptitude and general unit purchases. You'll see a far greater variety of AI troops in combat, and they'll really focus more on embarking compared to v10.2.

I'll release to Civfanatics later today - the ModBrowser on Sunday after initial feedback.

Thanks Bayushikira. :) v10.3 is really coming along so don't start any new games in v10.2 unless you can finish them - as saves will definitely not carry over. Lots of interesting changes regarding Governments and UI are coming - and the AI has gotten a lot of work as well regarding their naval aptitude and general unit purchases. You'll see a far greater variety of AI troops in combat, and they'll really focus more on embarking compared to v10.2.

I'll release to Civfanatics later today - the ModBrowser on Sunday after initial feedback.

Yeah, I am holding off starting any, all the games were uncompleted with the new patches that were coming through fast and furious. So I only managed to complete my first win on 10.2/Prince/Continents.

So far it seems that military at the start had been really difficult. I am constantly on defense with 3+ units versus the hordes of the AI army. Using terrain and tactics to defeat them more often than not. I was only able to start fielding a more respectable army only around the point of gunpowder.

Been quite a challenge with the wonders as well. Initially it was easier but mid way the AIs are really quick at building wonders. The superb point was there also all the civilizations were able to complete 1 if not more wonders, so the race is heart racing for me. Finally only my capital city was able to build wonders to be in pace with them about 5 ~ 10 turns for a wonder to complete.

On the point of navies, could all the naval tech be put together? Just a thought... Since of them are related to each other, it seemed odd that ironclad could be built without the earlier naval techs. Maybe that would give a good branching out of the tech i.e. land based (France) versus naval based (England)?

On policies, so far, it was an improvement over the vanilla Civ but will 10.3 change it more such that there will not be repeats on different trees? Examples are the +1 culture in all cities and the +1 hammer and increase national borders?

Just some thoughts!

Yeah, I am holding off starting any, all the games were uncompleted with the new patches that were coming through fast and furious. So I only managed to complete my first win on 10.2/Prince/Continents.

So far it seems that military at the start had been really difficult. I am constantly on defense with 3+ units versus the hordes of the AI army. Using terrain and tactics to defeat them more often than not. I was only able to start fielding a more respectable army only around the point of gunpowder.

Been quite a challenge with the wonders as well. Initially it was easier but mid way the AIs are really quick at building wonders. The superb point was there also all the civilizations were able to complete 1 if not more wonders, so the race is heart racing for me. Finally only my capital city was able to build wonders to be in pace with them about 5 ~ 10 turns for a wonder to complete.

On the point of navies, could all the naval tech be put together? Just a thought... Since of them are related to each other, it seemed odd that ironclad could be built without the earlier naval techs. Maybe that would give a good branching out of the tech i.e. land based (France) versus naval based (England)?

On policies, so far, it was an improvement over the vanilla Civ but will 10.3 change it more such that there will not be repeats on different trees? Examples are the +1 culture in all cities and the +1 hammer and increase national borders?

Just some thoughts!

Some of the naval techs/units are getting shifted around a bit - and embarking now comes with Sailing so most AI should get it pretty quickly as well. As for policies, they're in the middle of an overhaul of sorts, (various ones are getting shifted around to better coincide with the branch focus). The major change in v10.3 will be the replacement of unlocked Governments with synergy buildings for the appropriate policies, (as Governments now unlock with Techs).

v10.4 should include the tweaks to policies themselves - although certain double-ups will remain in place.

I could be wrong about this, but it looks like pikeman are exactly the same as spearman, except pikeman cost a great deal more shields.

I like the great deal of free promotions units can get from buildings. I did notice another issue with this though, it seems that some units are getting the siege promotion when they are not ranged units. The building (armory??) specifically says the bonus should only apply to siege type units, but freshly built infantry had the upgrade as well.

Love the mod in general. I wish the CSD mod could be used with this though.... gifting gold is such a stupid mechanic.

I could be wrong about this, but it looks like pikeman are exactly the same as spearman, except pikeman cost a great deal more shields.

I like the great deal of free promotions units can get from buildings. I did notice another issue with this though, it seems that some units are getting the siege promotion when they are not ranged units. The building (armory??) specifically says the bonus should only apply to siege type units, but freshly built infantry had the upgrade as well.

Love the mod in general. I wish the CSD mod could be used with this though.... gifting gold is such a stupid mechanic.

Hmm - I'll take a look at the armory and see what's happening there - thanks for noticing that. :)

As for Pikemen - that bugs been fixed in the latest version of v10.3a currently uploaded. They now have a strength of 12 compared to 9 for Spearmen, (and 10 for the early UA Spearmen). AI expansion/aggression has also been toned down - as the initial version of v10.3 had some of my test settings active where the AI was focusing on domination victories.

I thought of another somewhat annoying issue (maybe fixed in 10.3... if so ignore this)

Most of the time (maybe all the time) when a popup notifications happens saying "such and such has entered ERA" the text for the era is black, making it nearly impossible to read.

I thought of another somewhat annoying issue (maybe fixed in 10.3... if so ignore this)

Most of the time (maybe all the time) when a popup notifications happens saying "such and such has entered ERA" the text for the era is black, making it nearly impossible to read.

Yep - unfortunately this is necessary with how I've set up the UI for the policies screen. I've essentially placed the "adopt" button on top of the name of the Government, and to hide this, I've had to use black text. The game references this text tag in pop-ups as well, which is why it's black. The alternative would be to have an adopt button below the name of the Government, and that makes the policies screen feel a little bit cluttered. (It would also remove the effect of "stamping" your Government's name onto the screen when you adopt it).

Yep - unfortunately this is necessary with how I've set up the UI for the policies screen. I've essentially placed the "adopt" button on top of the name of the Government, and to hide this, I've had to use black text. The game references this text tag in pop-ups as well, which is why it's black. The alternative would be to have an adopt button below the name of the Government, and that makes the policies screen feel a little bit cluttered. (It would also remove the effect of "stamping" your Government's name onto the screen when you adopt it).

On this topic, would it be possible for us to see on the diplomatic screen which era each civilization is in? In the summary page that is...

Hey all, wonderful mod, just one issue that's seriously affecting my playability, and sorry ahead of time if this issue has already been addressed.

Using DX9 mode, with minimal graphics settings, my tech tree won't scroll; there's no scroll bar at the bottom, so I can't see past ancient techs. The problem is not present if I play Civ V in vanilla singleplayer mode, and Nights is the only mod I've got installed. I've already tried fiddling with different resolutions/windowed mode, but haven't found a solution on my own yet. Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

Here's a dump of my dxdiag:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/26/2011, 20:31:05
Machine name: KENJI-LAPTOP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: UL30VT
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U7300 @ 1.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4062MB RAM
Page File: 1851MB used, 6268MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce G210M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce G210M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2248 MB
Dedicated Memory: 474 MB
Shared Memory: 1774 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO102C
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.016Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.15.0011.8688 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.11.8688
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/28/2009 11:12:21, 9493504 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4934-11CF-0352-F93A02C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0A74
SubSys ID: 0x1AF21043
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Driver Strong Name: oem7.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section010:8.15.11.8688:pci\ven_10de&dev_0a74&subsys_1af21043
Rank Of Driver: 00E60001
D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

Hey all, wonderful mod, just one issue that's seriously affecting my playability, and sorry ahead of time if this issue has already been addressed.

Using DX9 mode, with minimal graphics settings, my tech tree won't scroll; there's no scroll bar at the bottom, so I can't see past ancient techs. The problem is not present if I play Civ V in vanilla singleplayer mode, and Nights is the only mod I've got installed. I've already tried fiddling with different resolutions/windowed mode, but haven't found a solution on my own yet. Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

If you don't have any issues seeing the full policy screen than your resolution isn't the problem.

Try the following steps:

1. Delete your cache folder (located wherever you installed CIV V).
2. Delete the contents of your ModUserData folder (same location).
3. Verify the integrity of your CIV V cache through Steam.
4. Defrag your CIV V files through Steam.
5. Make sure only one copy of NiGHTS is installed.
6. Make sure you have the latest patch for CIV V installed.

This should solve your scroll bug. :)

If you don't have any issues seeing the full policy screen than your resolution isn't the problem.

Try the following steps:

1. Delete your cache folder (located wherever you installed CIV V).
2. Delete the contents of your ModUserData folder (same location).
3. Verify the integrity of your CIV V cache through Steam.
4. Defrag your CIV V files through Steam.
5. Make sure only one copy of NiGHTS is installed.
6. Make sure you have the latest patch for CIV V installed.

This should solve your scroll bug. :)

hrm...I already confirmed 1~5 when I did a fresh install for 10.3a, and my version is 1.0.1.383. Sorry to bother you with this minor UI issue.

edit: actually...can you show me a screenshot of exactly what the "full" policy screen should look like? Nothing important seems to be missing, but it's hard to be sure without something to compare against.

edit2: Blah...forget it, I'm just going to uninstall civ V and fresh install. After initially validating and then defragging when I installed 10.3a, once I start the game and quit out, and then go back to validating, it says a file needs to be reacquired, every time I perform this sequence (validate->defrag->start->quit->validate)...given that others aren't having the same problem it's probably an issue on my end, not with your mod. thanks anyway.

hrm...I already confirmed 1~5 when I did a fresh install for 10.3a, and my version is 1.0.1.383. Sorry to bother you with this minor UI issue.

edit: actually...can you show me a screenshot of exactly what the "full" policy screen should look like? Nothing important seems to be missing, but it's hard to be sure without something to compare against.

edit2: Blah...forget it, I'm just going to uninstall civ V and fresh install. After initially validating and then defragging when I installed 10.3a, once I start the game and quit out, and then go back to validating, it says a file needs to be reacquired, every time I perform this sequence (validate->defrag->start->quit->validate)...given that others aren't having the same problem it's probably an issue on my end, not with your mod. thanks anyway.

The full screen should consist of 7 branches - none of which are cut off by the side of the screen, (which would be the case if this was a resolution issue). Also, when verifying through Steam - 1 file always needs to be reacquired, strange as that may be. :crazyeye:

Hopefully a reinstall fixes things for you. :)

The full screen should consist of 7 branches - none of which are cut off by the side of the screen, (which would be the case if this was a resolution issue). Also, when verifying through Steam - 1 file always needs to be reacquired, strange as that may be. :crazyeye:

Hopefully a reinstall fixes things for you. :)

So the fresh install hasn't changed anything. It seems that I wasn't paying enough attention to the policy screen. I'm not sure about the sides, but the top and bottom are most definitely cut off for me. The bottom only goes about halfway up the "close" button, and the top just above the "Advanced View" toggle. The problem is still absent in vanilla singleplayer. :(

So the fresh install hasn't changed anything. It seems that I wasn't paying enough attention to the policy screen. I'm not sure about the sides, but the top and bottom are most definitely cut off for me. The bottom only goes about halfway up the "close" button, and the top just above the "Advanced View" toggle. The problem is still absent in vanilla singleplayer. :(

Unfortunately this means it's your monitor resolution and not actually a bug... Can you increase the resolution at all by going into Video Options?

Unfortunately this means it's your monitor resolution and not actually a bug... Can you increase the resolution at all by going into Video Options?

Nope. The resolutions I have available to me in-game are 1366/1360/1280/1024 by 768; I've tried them all but to no avail (1366x768 is my nat. res). Is it possible to force a higher res in graphicssettingsdx9.ini?

edit: Trying to force a higher res through the graphicssettings .ini file and through Steam launch options; had no effect... :(

edit2: I guess I'll just have to stick with an "immersive" experience and not queue techs. Thanks anyway.

Nope. The resolutions I have available to me in-game are 1366/1360/1280/1024 by 768; I've tried them all but to no avail (1366x768 is my nat. res). Is it possible to force a higher res in graphicssettingsdx9.ini?

edit: Trying to force a higher res through the graphicssettings .ini file and through Steam launch options; had no effect... :(

edit2: I guess I'll just have to stick with an "immersive" experience and not queue techs. Thanks anyway.

Sorry about that - it appears that 1440 X 900 is indeed the minimum resolution required to see everything correctly. The mod should still be perfectly playable with 1366 X 768, (and for that matter, queuing techs could cause you to run into trouble with NiGHTS because there are either/or prerequisites for some techs). The game automatically picks the shortest paths based on research cost, so this could lead to certain techs being avoided that you originally planned on researching.

Teotihuacan can be built though the required tech (Metal Casting) hasn't been researched yet.
Great Lighthouse promotion for ships shows "+1 movement" though it is actually +3.

Top Bottom