Nitpicky Things You'd Like Fixed

Not related to the game, but one nitpicky thing I'd like fixed is people only posting CONFIRMED stuff in "What We Know About BNW" up in sticky.

Every time I see it's updated I click hoping to find some new stuff but it's just a bunch of rambling

Have conquered cities of different cultures keep their architecture for an era rather than instantly changing it yours.

EXAMPLE: You are Rome and you conquer a Chinese city during the medieval age. The city will still look Chinese in architecture until the Renaissance age. The current model has the city automatically changing its architecture as soon as city changes owner.

I'm sorry for beeing a stupid swede...

Jag vill ha en klocka upp i hörnet.

Is that better?
Om du vill ha en klocka upp i hörnet, du kan använda en mod.
But I'd love one as well, although thankfully I play with mods most of the time...

I don't know if it was fixed in Gods and Kings, but I'm really tired of how long it can take for player decisions to be acknowledged by the computer.

The biggest culprit is how long it can take for the computer to acknowledge that all of a player's units have made their moves for a turn. I can either wait, or I can hammer on the "next unit" key to get the computer to give me a "Next Turn" button.

Other common culprits happen to be acknowledging city state messages, acknowledging social policy choices and promotions, and acknowledging new research choices.

About the only thing that does get acknowledged reliably and promptly are diplomatic exchanges with other civilizations.

When you are setting up a new game and uses the advance options please make a small note on the differences between 'arid' and 'wet', 'hot' and 'cold' plus how old the planet is('age of world')!.

I know it seems somewhat obvious, but still more info is always nice.

...and while you are at it please make the game *remember* my previous advanced setup choices, please. All of them.

Yes, you improved it recently, thank you for that. Really, that was good. However, you missed the number of AI opponents and who they are. The game resets the number of opponents to the default value for the chosen map size cutting out all my painstakingly selected AI opponent choices that were over that limit so I have to do it again....

I don't know if it was fixed in Gods and Kings, but I'm really tired of how long it can take for player decisions to be acknowledged by the computer.

The biggest culprit is how long it can take for the computer to acknowledge that all of a player's units have made their moves for a turn. I can either wait, or I can hammer on the "next unit" key to get the computer to give me a "Next Turn" button.

Other common culprits happen to be acknowledging city state messages, acknowledging social policy choices and promotions, and acknowledging new research choices.

About the only thing that does get acknowledged reliably and promptly are diplomatic exchanges with other civilizations.

That's actually a bug caused by moving away from a battle, it will wait until the battle finishes but something makes the battle go on for longer, (kinda hanging it) which often results in your interactions (choosing production, research, moving) getting delayed.

I hate using the 'build to route' mode for workers. Sometimes, they would stop for no reason or build a road, run back to the capital and build a road there. Also it's annoying how workers stop working when there's an enemy like 10 hex away

That's actually a bug caused by moving away from a battle, it will wait until the battle finishes but something makes the battle go on for longer, (kinda hanging it) which often results in your interactions (choosing production, research, moving) getting delayed.

Um, this lagging can happen even before I've encountered any barbarians or civilizations.

:: shrugs ::

I want the Louvre to provide to the city a free Museum, the Sydney Opera House an Opera House, the Eiffel Tower a Broadcast Tower, the Notre Dame a Cathedral and Stonehedge a Monument!

I want the Louvre to provide to the city a free Museum, the Sydney Opera House an Opera House, the Eiffel Tower a Broadcast Tower, the Notre Dame a Cathedral and Stonehedge a Monument!

Although this makes sense from a thematic perspective, it doesn't really from a balance one. Those wonders are strong enough without also giving them free buildings.

Every time I build the Eiffel Tower I forget that it no longer provides a free broadcast tower in every city. Agreed that it would probably throw the balance way off though.

I've mentioned this before in it's own suggestion thread, but what I'd really really love is some sort of rudimentary cartography tool, where I can select a group of hexes and name the region such that it shows up as a property of the tiles in the hover-text. While I'm not a programmer this seems like one of the easier ponies that could be added into the game at some point (though I guess it's not a nitpicky fix, per se.)

would it be too revolutionary to consider if perhaps one civilization can have multiple leaders that may perhaps change over the chronological transition throughout the game? for instance, Babylon wasn't only led by Nebuchadnezzar, his son Belshazzar also ruled after him, and Cyrus ruled after Darius in Persia, and let's not even get started on the variety of popular historical leaders in England and France for instance...

might be too much to ask seeing how unique each leader has been to each civ by now

anyways, awesome game

would it be too revolutionary to consider if perhaps one civilization can have multiple leaders that may perhaps change over the chronological transition throughout the game? for instance, Babylon wasn't only led by Nebuchadnezzar, his son Belshazzar also ruled after him, and Cyrus ruled after Darius in Persia, and let's not even get started on the variety of popular historical leaders in England and France for instance...

might be too much to ask seeing how unique each leader has been to each civ by now

anyways, awesome game

How would that work for the Huns or the Iroquois?

I'm sure this has been said before and I know it's easy to ignore, but I really want an option to turn of religion like espionage.

I'm sure this has been said before and I know it's easy to ignore, but I really want an option to turn of religion like espionage.

That's funny, just a couple hours ago I was poking around the xml (something I almost never do) and noticed this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- edited with XMLSPY v2004 rel. 2 U (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Ed Beach (Firaxis Games) -->
<GameData>
	<!-- Table data -->
	<GameOptions>
		<Row>
			<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_RELIGION</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_RELIGION</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_RELIGION_HELP</Help>
			<Visible>0</Visible>
		</Row>
    <Row>
      <Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE</Type>
      <Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE</Description>
      <Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE_HELP</Help>
    </Row>
  </GameOptions>
</GameData>
in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo

Maybe someone with modding skills could tell you if changing the <visible> tag to 1 will allow you to turn off religion.

Om du vill ha en klocka upp i hörnet, du kan använda en mod.
But I'd love one as well, although thankfully I play with mods most of the time...

Then I wont get achivements.
And when the "new" game comes out I want the new ones...

Top Bottom