"No Leaderheads" Option to speed late-game diplomacy requests.

Should there be a "No 3D Leaderheads" option so to improve late game performance?

• Total voters

Cvntpumeler

Warlord
Does anyone else want to stop seeing the leaderheads spaz on the screen at the price of having to wait 30 seconds for the screen to load every time my worst enemy wants to demand I give them Fission as tribute?

I would love an option to disable to 3d-graphics leaderheads and replace it with a still image to improve game performance. How does everyone else feel about this? Is there a mod? Should there be?

A "No Leaderheads" option is a great idea.

Along with helping slow-down issues, it'd be a simple solution for people who have certain leaderheads showing up incorrectly (or even causing a CTD when they appear)

So then, what would appear in place of the 3D leaderhead? Just a static image of it?

yes just a still image would be fine. the leaderheads are nice but once you know them all they get annoying when you have to wait several seconds to load each time.

^^ yes, its rather noticable but mostly in the late game. I'm playing on a good machine too, but its a laptop without a great video card so the leaderheads are slow... I also play huge maps with lots of civs on Immortal, so maybe thats part of it too (AI has tons and tons of units).

This is actually a very good idea... I think that should have been an optional option in the Options menu

Do the leader heads have a dramatic affect on performance? Granted, I play on a laptop so I can't play on any Huge or above maps :mad: or even past ~250 or so turns on a Standard map without the wait times becoming a bit... tedious :rolleyes:

But if making the pictures static would improve the game, then I'm all for having the option to do so. Such as the Wonder/end game movies crashing to desktop, the lovely ability to turn them off allows me to get my butt kicked, er enjoy this great game :lol:

Still wish I had a computer that would allow me to watch 'em though, I still haven't seen any for the BTS Wonders :sad:

So then, what would appear in place of the 3D leaderhead? Just a static image of it?

It should be the same as in multiplayer, no picture, just a chat screen thing. And you should be able to chat to the AI Napoleon and exchange compliments with AI Hatshepsut. Maybe in a few decades...

You have my full support. I am also playing on my laptop and I am just .. ANNOYED and sick of waiting

I have quite a high spec gaming laptop, but I do get a slight pause sometimes when the leaderheads pop up. I'm not sure I would want to turn them off completely. It does get annoying though late in the game, when nearly everyone is at war with somebody, constantly being asked to join in wars that I have no intention of doing. I would prefer the option we had in some previous CIV games (or might have been Alpha Centauri) where it would say that X wants to talk to you, and if you aren't interested you can just click go away without having them pop up.

I also would like to see this as an option... Sometimes the leaderhead loading makes my map graphics go screwy. It just seems unnecessary.

I have quite a high spec gaming laptop, but I do get a slight pause sometimes when the leaderheads pop up.

Same, I'm sure this could be coded more efficiently. I've got over 2GB of ram FREE usually when I'm playing Civ IV, I'd love it if the leaderheads didn't freeze my game for a second before coming up. This happens to me even in the beginning of the game, when I meet new civs, there's always a split-second jerk before the leaderhead pops up.

Actually I was just about to post a question about this, I would really like an option for static or no leaderheads. Especially in Rhye's or other maps with a lot of leaders, where any time saved would be great.

Oh please great god's of civilization implement this feature! I would LOVE to finish some old save-games on my (relatively fast) laptop that I have stopped playing "until I get a faster computer." I play on a high difficulty rating with a huge map, and near the end of the game when Shaka has 700 Cutraiisers and Cavalry and Bismark has 300 modern armor it gets really slow.

^^ I knew I wasn't the only one with problems along these lines! This is great, hopefully we'll have an option like this in the near future... especially considering how seemingly easy it would be to implement.

Top Bottom