No social policy selectable

Millone

Chieftain
I am on CIV V mac version 64 bit
Often the game progress to a point where I am asked to select a new social policy but no one is selectable.
At this point I have no alternative than to abandon the game.
Since there is not a way out of this situation, I think it is a bug. Is there a fix for this issue?
Schermata 2019-07-07 alle 10.24.10.png

Why are you being asked to select a new policy? The culture indicator at the top of the screen shows that you only have 1791 of 2185 needed for the next policy.

@Petek
The game ask to select a new policy but because there is not enough culture, I cannot select anyone and therefore I am stuck. Why the game does that? That's exactly my issue. I think is a bug. I have not found any way around it. If I close that screen I cannot move forward until I select a new policy which, as said, I cannot.

I couldn't find this problem listed as a known bug. Try the following, which may allow you to continue your game. Verify your game files through Steam (Steam => Library => Right-click on Civilization 5 => Select Properties => Select the Local Files tab => Select Verify integrity of Game Files. It is normal for 3 files to be reacquired the first time you verify. Keep running until no files are reacquired.

Your installation may be damaged and the above process should fix it. Load the game and see if that helped. If not, please post a save file that illustrates the problem.

HTH

@Petek Thanks for your hint but unfortunately the CIV V version on my Mac is from the Apple Store. It is not visible in Steam.

OK, I was afraid that the Mac version might be different. I'll alert our Mac expert, @AlanH, to see if he knows how to verify game files.

Thanks a lot for your support.
Please note that I have experienced the same problem several times. It is not a single event.

As a temporary workaround, when starting a new game you can try going into Advanced Setup, Advanced Game Option and selecting Allow Policy Saving. Doing so will let you right-click when asked to adopt a new policy and dismiss the request.

OK, I was afraid that the Mac version might be different. I'll alert our Mac expert, @AlanH, to see if he knows how to verify game files.
Hi

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I haven't played Civ5 for a long lime now, so I've no idea whether this issue is general. The Mac Civ5 forum is very quiet these days, so I suspect there are few Mac Civ5 players.

I assume you have tried just clicking the Close button?

You could try contacting Aspyr Support ...

Top Bottom