NoP NESII: The "New Imperialism"

Dont expect awesome orders from Canada, I am stuck under Britain and I cant do anything..... :(

But I will figure out some way to send an awesome order. :p

To: World

The United Kingdom has committed an act of aggression the likes of which should not be tolerated by the civilized nations of the world. The British have violated the Sand River Convention of 1852 which guarantees the Transvaal it's right to a free, independent nation. We implore our friends in Europe and North America to put pressure on the aggressors to halt their illegal invasion. We are also asking for assistance in armed conflict against the British.

We need any kind of help which would be offered; munitions, weapons, supplies, troops, anything. Whether it be secret or public. You shall be re payed with British blood and destabilization of a key British colony. You shall be reimbursed when the conflict is over and we are in a position to do so. (OOC: PM me if you are willing to help)

To: Orange Free State

You must stand beside your Afrikaner brothers now or be swept aside later. Do not think for a minute that the British will not betray the treaties they have signed with you sooner or later. We ask you to join this fight not just for us, but for yourselves and your children and all future generations of Afrikaners! What do you say?

To: Nations of the World

Being a small nation not too far removed from independence, we are not in the best of economic situations. Therefore, we are asking for assistance (i.e. loans) which we will pay in full, plus negotiable interest.

To: Serbia

How much of a loan would be adequate?

WITH LOVE FROM SIAM...

Too many people in this world are looking to a sorrowful future. Colonialism looks to enslave and enforce the people of these simple peaceful countries and many a life will be ruined. But to use in Siam, it is different, we shall not fall a victim of Western Imperialism, we shall adapt, we shall modernize and we shall be independent.

But the first step to the future is through the key of human nature. Commerce. In times of peace we have prospered from trade between both France Cambodia and British India through means of trails winding through mountain and jungle. True it is that there are ports in little old Siam but nothing to match that of the brilliant harbors of Britain, Spain or France. But now we seek to change this, if the first step to modernization is through commerce we will maximize it not by means of infrastructure but rather by looking to the world’s oceans.

I look out from my palace to the coast. I, King Chulalongkorn of the Siamese will make it my life’s work to bring prosperity to Siam and peace to our region. Our first step is visible upon the coast; a large stretch of coast in our most prosperous district is undergoing an immense project. The creation of a new, greater Harbor that will be a shining example of Westernization as luxuries and goods from all corners of the world begin to flood into Siam.

But though I love my people dearly, I could not entrust such an important project to them for never before have they had to deal with something of such complexity.

Rather, I have employed the work of foreign citizens, British and French citizens finding home in between their colonies and prospering of mercantilism. They are hardy works and steadfast, professional and working daily with little to no waste. Soon, with their work the military harbor of Siam will be fixed with a Commercial Dock which will flood our realm with foreign currency.

But building the docks is one thing, getting other nations to come and dispense their treasuries is another. Already I have used my influence to attempt and convince nations to make dock here and trade. Exotic animals have been dispensed across the globe as gifts, Ivory works and beautiful artifacts sent to gather world acclaim.

From here I can see the better workings of the docks, even noting the location of the dry-docks and noting foreign workers with their efficiency and rigor. My people though not directly in the construction do have jobs of their own; transporting materials and some even being taught on the side lines the inner most workings of the docks and construction.

Siam is a beautiful country and soon many people will get to see it as they are the first to sail into our harbor

To Britain
From Germany

Attack Transvaal and you will face the consenquences.

Well, Britain, if you're interested, please respond to my PM. Our deal is still available.

To Portugal
From Futa Jalon

Our west African nation is interested in establishing an agreement of trade with your nation. We have traded for slaves in the past, but with slavery no longer legal in Portugal, we feel that we should re-sign our agreements. We will trade food supplies and precious metals (such as diamonds) from Futa Jalon with you for Portuguese guns, which we need to defend ourselves from our violent, tribal neighbors. What do you think?

(Yes, there are diamonds near my area. Check wikipedia if you don't believe me!)

Ooops, sorry, forgot there was no portugal!

To Futa Jalon
From Colonial Authority in Portuguese Guiana

We agree to this relationship. We are willing to make such a deal.

OOC:
@Germany, there is currently a war going on, the Boer War. And technically the Transvaal attacked Britain (it was an independence movement). Finally that comment is absurdly OOC...

Wow, Germany's willing to start a world war over some stupid African tribesman? (says the leader of Futa Jalon)

Ahem, not Tribesman. Afrikaners

Ooops, sorry, forgot there was no portugal!

To Futa Jalon
From Colonial Authority in Portuguese Guiana

We agree to this relationship. We are willing to make such a deal.

How about a response from the Orange State hehe? I'll get my orders in once I get that reply.

OOC: Hey, in OTL a World War was started over a random Balkan state. (says Serbia)

IC:
To: Russia

A loan of 4 EP would be sufficient, and we would be willing to receive it over two turns, if that suits you. Actually 8 EP over two turns would be ideal, though I would not be surprised if you decline this latter request.

To the United States of America
From Morocco

Our nations have been great allies for over a century, and there has never been any hostility between us, indeed, there has only been respect. However, over the century, the United States has become strong, while the once-great nation of Morocco has began to stagnate. Therefore, I, as the leader of Morocco, ask for financial aid in building my nation back to its status as a respectable nation. We will repay your kindness as soon as our funds allow it.

Atiku Buhari felt the butt of his new, Portugese rifle. He was one of the first tribal Fuhali allowed to have one of the new guns made in Braga. He had been taught the basics of using the gun by his superior officer, the King and Yenye of Futa Jalon, Issa Maal.

Atiku laid down on the ground and aimed the smooth gun at various objects in the distance. He put a faraway tree in his sights, and slowly pressed the trigger. The sound of the gunshot was louder than anything he had ever heard, and his ears rang for several seconds. He sprinted over to the tree he had shot at, but could not find any signs of the bullet he had shot. He returned to the spot from which he originally fired the gun, and tried again.

Atiku practiced all afternoon, wasting more ammunition than was probably good for him. The gunshots alerted his fellow Fuhali and by the end of the afternoon, the small group was shooting at and killing small animals. Atiku knew it would only be a matter of time before they moved onto larger animals, and eventually the most dangerous of all, their violent, rapacious neighbors to the north, Futa Toro.

To The Generous Nations of the World
From The Humble Nation of Siam

Greetings Friends.

I, the King of humble Siam, would like to offer trade rights to any nation willing to befriend a simple nation seeking peace.

Our people look to prosperity and to mutual growth with our allies to the West and East. The new port of Bangkok is in construction and will hopefully be completed in due time. Let us come together, friends, and learn more of the world around us.

OOC: Can Bulgaria open trade relations with Siam or would that be to much of a stretch? I don't think it would really be to much of a stretch other then they might not be paying attention to SE Asia.

OOC: Can Bulgaria open trade relations with Siam or would that be to much of a stretch? I don't think it would really be to much of a stretch other then they might not be paying attention to SE Asia.

OOC: As mcuh as I'd love trade (and I hope Bulgaria can) I believe it would indeed be a long stretch seeing as how you would have to have trade routes through the Bosporous and Suez Canal. The first being Ottoman Territory and the latter a British, you could likely gain British permission though I can't speak for them but it would be likely thaeven if merchant ships could make it to Siam, the Ottomans wouldn't be so happy to let you just sail ships right past the capital. Just my opinion, I am not properly educated in the issue so I would await #1's answer if i were you.

OOC: I think direct Ottoman interference in trade was only during war times. So provided they don't declare war on me tomorrow then they should allow trade through the Bospherous unless they want to give Bulgaria two reasons to go to war with them.

OOC: I think direct Ottoman interference in trade was only during war times. So provided they don't declare war on my tomorrow then they should allow trade through the Bospherous unless they want to give Bulgaria two reasons to go to war with them.

OOC: True. Well if you are able to get to Siam then we greet you with open arms and look forward to a prosperous future.

To The Generous Nations of the World
From The Humble Nation of Siam

Greetings Friends.

I, the King of humble Siam, would like to offer trade rights to any nation willing to befriend a simple nation seeking peace.

Our people look to prosperity and to mutual growth with our allies to the West and East. The new port of Bangkok is in construction and will hopefully be completed in due time. Let us come together, friends, and learn more of the world around us.

The Dominion of Canada would like to accept the offer.

Direct line from Vancouver (on the pacific) to Siam, so if Britain does not declare war on Japan or China we should be fine.

To Portugal
From Morocco

Both Portugal and Morocco are close neighbors of Spain, which is undoubtedly a powerful nation. If Spain were to attack either of us, we would fall quickly. Therefore, I propose that Morocco and Portugal form a defensive pact, to stop Spain from attacking either of our nations. We must unite to prevent our destruction at the hands of a superior foe.

Top Bottom