Not buying the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax my friend

What's wrong with a woman leader to Sparta?

And if you hate so much the idea of Brazil and Poland as civs, you can use mods to delete them, and be happy, it is too easy ;)
And we will also have mods for Persia until its official launch, calm and relax

And why so much complaint with Gandhi? I have also chosen another leader, but Gandhi is a good choice too

Calm down my friend, things will be resolved, keep faith :D

Why would someone spend time in this blog if he/she is not buying the game?
Everyone here will buy the game.

Although, I agree with you. I'm disappointed that they let PERSIA out of vanilla. I think they MUST have a good explanation for choosing a female leader for Sparta and for the lack of not European civs.

I get your frustration. This may be the only way for Firaxis to get the message.
Many of us do not want a Gandhi focused Civilization game.
By never changing him, it feels like he is the what the game is about and he's not.
He was just one person, basically an activist in his country.

Firaxis, give us a true leader that represents that part of the world.
Many people learn the names of world leaders from this game.
Find another important person from the India subcontinent that lead.
Below is a starting list of fairly modern ones, but you can go earlier too.
Jawaharlal Nehru is listed as the #1 Leader of India.
http://www.mensxp.com/special-features/today/8053-26-best-indian-political-leaders-of-all-time.html

Nope, not buying it!

Why?

-Annoying Gandhi is back, an overrated activist who never ruled India. There are so many interesting leaders and they go with one that didn't rule India. Seriously
-A woman leading Sparta? Seriously, why could have goten KING LEONIDAS, but we get a woman who never actually ruled?
-EUROCENTRISM TO THE MAX, like 11 civs are European. Where is my Persian civ? Where is my Southeast Asian civ? Where is my Oceanian civ? Where is my Mali/Songhai civ? Where is my South American civ? So much for geographical variety.
-If anyone needed two leaders it's India, not Greece
-Persia, a civilization historically more important than Poland, Brazil and the Norse combined, is excluded. INTOLERABLE!

GET RID OF GANDHI and I MIGHT change my mind.

Maybe I'll get it when it's on sale a few years later.

1. dont play as him or with him, that was easy
2. really? you are being sexist by saying this of a women leader
3. EUROCENTRISM ? euro history rules so much of our present, and that being you main buyers of this game is euro and America, so it would not make sense to only have 2 or 3 euro civs.
4. the two leader thing is odd and can mean anything. As for example they have two leaders down the road, but not at release, however are working and testing them in the game, but not for release.
5. Persia? well you can have a mod for that. Maybe a DLC. and I IMO would rather have the Sumerians then Persia.

get over your self

K, thnx bye.

K, thnx bye.
Not so fast, as long as I'm alive I will keep posting here, so don't worry!:D
2. really? you are being sexist by saying this of a women leader
She never actually ruled, and she's overshadowed by her incredibly badass husband who would have been so cool to have!
5. Persia? well you can have a mod for that. Maybe a DLC. and I IMO would rather have the Sumerians then Persia.
I would rather have Sumeria than any other civ, since they basically defined civiization and were the very first civilization in human history. But including civs like Poland and Brazil over Persia is just silly.

Oh god release week will be funny when all these people start to make similar threads like this.

Yeah this is just warm up. I am already looking forward India first look video, when Gandhi will be "confirmed".

On a more serious note, I really hope that mods will keep all the civ roster whining in one thread.

when Gandhi will be "confirmed".
We already know it's Gandhi, unless of course...it's Indira Gandhi instead of normal Gandhi (which is nearly impossible).

We already know it's Gandhi, unless of course...it's Indira Gandhi instead of normal Gandhi (which is nearly impossible).

Lol I know its Gandhi, and you know it too couple weeks already, along with the fact that Ottomans/Persia/Mongols, or at least 2 of them won't be in vanilla, and it did not prevent you from making this thread (I admit that Norway instead of that 3rd one is a new info). So I guess you will make another one once Gandhi is really confirmed.

No I won't make another thread, this is the only "not buying the game" thread that I'm going to post. I won't exclude other people posting similar threads however.

No I won't make another thread, this is the only "not buying the game" thread that I'm going to post. I won't exclude other people posting similar threads however.
Honestly id rather not have a bunch of individual "not buying threads" and have a group one.

If you have concerns about india then theres already a thread for that.

On the subject of eurocentrism theres again already a thread about it.

Is there a practical benefit for every person to individually say repeated problems in new threads?

Edit: its fine if youre going to bring a new concern

I think the thread title is misleading. You stated that you might buy the game down the road when it is on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom