NOTW XLVIII -- The DOOM Project, Episode II: The Orphans of Oblivion [Game Thread]

Well at some point we'll have to go to North Carolina to get that blasted Superconductor but we need better stats and better gear. We had better have No Lynch because our manpower is limited and our objective isn't to

I'd prefer to go to the Zombie Outbreak (cash!) or to the DCRI Headquarters (moar balanced, cash and info!).

Now, I was thinking, that I can build us better weapons. Assuming we get better materials to work with. So, yeah, going to Paris will give us info and also some of the vital hardware alluded to.

BSmith1068 --BLUFORCodenameGoose Visorslash DCRI Multitool
Buddhafish --BLUFORCodenameRomeo No Lynch DCRI Multitool
Choxorn --BLUFORCodenamePlatinum No Lynch Zombies
classical_hero --BLUFORCodenameFortress No Lynch Zombies Multitool
dcmort93 --BLUFORCodenamePatriot No Lynch Zombies Multitool
JoanK --BLUFORCodenameWolf DCRI Multitool
johnhughthom --BLUFORCodenamePython No Lynch DCRI Multitool
Mat93 --BLUFORCodenameSaber
NinjaCow64 --BLUFORCodenameFox DCRI Multitool
Nintz --BLUFORCodenameKing Visorslash Zombies Multitool
Optical --BLUFORCodenameCipher DCRI Multitool
Ravus_Sol --BLUFORCodenameUltra
robbiecon --BLUFORCodenameFang Visorslash DCRI
Seon --BLUFORCodenameBuffalo
SouthernKing --BLUFORCodenameFelix Zack DCRI Multitool
Takhisis --BLUFORCodenameScipio No Lynch DCRI
Visorslash --BLUFORCodenameGhost No Lynch Zombies AK-47: 5 Credits
Zack --BLUFORCodenameSpoon

Tally so far.

We could evenly split operatives. DRCI mission is overmanned already, although we already have a safe amount of discretion on the Zombies.

Lynch visorslash. Mafia beats us by having more strength than town. He's buying strength enhancing stuff.

That wouldn't prove anything... the town gains from having more strength as well. I'm inclined to vote for a Visorslash lynch, but not because of this. This looks more like distancing to me, although I don't know if it is or not. BSmith's post
We need to start lynching. Without it, we have a serious lack of information and will allow the scummers to hide and further blend into the background. Let’s not forget our main objective should be to eliminate the scum. With them gone, the game is won.

So why Visorslash? Really it is a choice between him and dcmort. Both of them were in Tokyo, where we had an arrest. And both of them were in Bogota. I was also in Bogota and was attacked last night.

We also have enough men for the Zombie mission, and Classical even asked choxorn to shift missions. yet Visor jumps right on the Zombie mission regardless of this fact. Looks like he doesn’t really care about the overall mission.
is better evidence for vote: Visorslash. FoS: Seon - just as a heads up to everyone else.

Assuming scum also has discretion, we need it.

What I mean is, lets not go blindly lynching people. There are reasons to lynch Visorslash, but we have to keep in mind that we cant go around blindly lynching suspects since Mafia numbers also benefit us to a degree.

There are no real reasons to lynch me over anyone else.

Let's take a look at them:

1) I bid for the AK. Understandable, I suppose, but I don't have a gun. I have a boot knife. If we have an item scanner like the last game, go ahead and scan me.

2) I was at the same place that BSmith was when he was attacked. Besides the fact that you can PM a private move order, if I recall correctly, the mafia had the ability to follow people, which was above the move order in thread, but no-one would know about it of course.

Secondly in regards to this point, it's unlikely that a mafioso would risk outing themself this early as potential mafia by targeting someone who was in a group with only a few others.

3. I voted for the Zombie mission for the credits. Pure and simple. My discretion isn't the world's greatest, and I figured that the two missions were already chosen, so I hopped aboard the zombie one.

Anything else?

By the way, I agree that we do need to lynch, but as in the last game, it isn't as important (as Buddhafish says) as we have an overarching goal and the mafia will lose if we achieve that anyway. Now if you take that to say don't lynch mafia, I'm going to call you an idiot in no uncertain terms.

We can take our time with the lynch and use our abilites (which most of us have I assume, even if only some are useful for active work).

Takhisis, I have a firing pin I picked up from Bogota. Can you do something with it? PM me and I'll trade it to you or something.

Oh and Buy: Multitool as if noone bids against me I'll have enough for both.

move: dcri

Move DCRI
Buy Multitool
Vote Nolynch

Apologies. Will be able to post more in 12 hours.

Dresden Organization of Operative Mercenaries Headquarters
December 17, 2014
2000 Hours Local Time

A knock on Backward Logic's office door interrupted his corporate busywork. "Come in," he said as he sorted his work documents, keeping an eye on who entered the door.

The door opened quickly, and Zack entered the spacious room, swiftly closing the door behind him. "We need to talk."

"How did you get in?" asked Backward Logic, in lieu of Zack's recent corporate suspension.

"That's not important. Remember what I told you about Dreadnought?"

Backward Logic leaned back in his chair. "I remember. He stole the Mauritanian shipment to pursue his own agenda."

"Have you found him yet?"

"No."

Zack look visibly disappointed. "I thought you said you would take care of him. Don't you have corporate fat cats to appease?"

"If it's so important, why don't you find him?"

Zack slammed his fist against the desk. "Now is not the time to be petty. Dreadnought is putting his plan into action. Once it goes through, there's no going back. We have to find him and stop him."

"Are your agents guarding the signal generator?"

"I'm not entirely sure he knows where the signal generator is hidden. I fear that taking preemptive action to protect it may merely alert him to its presence. That's why we must find him. If we gain the relics back, the signal generator cannot be activated, and Dreadnought can go screw himself with frustration."

"Like I said, I have operatives scouring the planet looking for him. I would think, with your... qualifications ... you'd be much more suited to find him. Taking that one step further: I don't think you snuck in here for a little catching up and a nice chat from a friend. What's really going on?"

Zack sighed. "The charade is over. I think Dreadnought is using the Mauritanian operatives for his own intentions. You're losing control of your own soldiers, whether you realize it or not. Those operatives have another master, and it isn't you or I. I'm afraid it may be time to cut ties with them."

"Those operatives are among the finest we have, meaning they're among the finest of the entire planet. They aren't mindless goons, and I'm sure they wouldn't proceed on a suicidal mission either way. Why are you so quick to condemn them?"

"We're in a lose-lose situation. I fear that Dreadnought may be using them, and if that is the case our job has become a lot more difficult. That's not my primary concern, however.

"Classical_hero and Takhisis have been tracking BigTin since the Mauritanian Mission. He's been in contact with some of his fellow Raptors. They're going to make a move soon, and I'm afraid we're running out of time."

"They know you're here?"

"It doesn't matter if they do or do not know. I'm not the target. They're looking for the Orphans."

There was a long pause. "What can we do?"

"Finding the operatives should be our top concern. Leave Dreadnought to me. Focus on finding the operatives before Dreadnought does."

BSmith1068 --BLUFORCodenameGoose Visorslash DCRI Multitool
Buddhafish --BLUFORCodenameRomeo No Lynch DCRI Multitool
Choxorn --BLUFORCodenamePlatinum No Lynch Zombies
classical_hero --BLUFORCodenameFortress No Lynch Zombies Multitool
dcmort93 --BLUFORCodenamePatriot No Lynch Zombies Multitool
JoanK --BLUFORCodenameWolf DCRI Multitool
johnhughthom --BLUFORCodenamePython No Lynch DCRI Multitool
Mat93 --BLUFORCodenameSaber
NinjaCow64 --BLUFORCodenameFox DCRI Multitool
Nintz --BLUFORCodenameKing Visorslash Zombies Multitool
Optical --BLUFORCodenameCipher Visorslash DCRI Multitool
Ravus_Sol --BLUFORCodenameUltra DCRI Multitool
robbiecon --BLUFORCodenameFang Visorslash DCRI
Seon --BLUFORCodenameBuffalo DCRI
SouthernKing --BLUFORCodenameFelix Zack DCRI Multitool
Takhisis --BLUFORCodenameScipio No Lynch DCRI
Visorslash --BLUFORCodenameGhost No Lynch Zombies AK-47: 5 Credits, Multitool
Zack --BLUFORCodenameSpoon

18/20 Operatives Reporting for Duty

BSmith1068 -- BLUFOR Codename Goose
Buddhafish -- BLUFOR Codename Romeo
Choxorn -- BLUFOR Codename Platinum
classical_hero -- BLUFOR Codename Fortress
dcmort93 -- BLUFOR Codename Patriot
JoanK -- BLUFOR Codename Wolf
johnhughthom -- BLUFOR Codename Python
Mat93 -- BLUFOR Codename Saber
NinjaCow64 -- BLUFOR Codename Fox
Nintz -- BLUFOR Codename King
Optical -- BLUFOR Codename Cipher
Ravus_Sol -- BLUFOR Codename Ultra
robbiecon -- BLUFOR Codename Fang
Seon -- BLUFOR Codename Buffalo
SouthernKing -- BLUFOR Codename Felix
Takhisis -- BLUFOR Codename Scipio
Visorslash -- BLUFOR Codename Ghost
Zack -- BLUFOR Codename Spoon

Askthepizzaguy -- Neutral Codename Razor -- Lynched D2
Spaceman98 -- BLUFOR Codename Dragon -- Arrested N1

Night 3 has begun. Please send in Night orders, if necessary. I will send individual PMs out in the next few hours. Thank you for your patience.

Time until Night 3 ends: [TIMER="6/28/2013 6:01 PM EDT ; Night 3 is over."][/TIMER]

By the way, in regards to answering posts/PMs: my schedule each day has me busy from 8am-9pm. If you have a question regarding the game, rules, or your own actions, please PM me, as I receive an email notification and will be able to more quickly answer your question.

End of Night 3.

The Missions at DCRI and The Zombie Outbreak were successful!

However, these missions did not come without cost: during the Night, Seon was arrested!

Spoiler :
He was a member of the BLUFOR team. He was represented by the character Seon.

During the Night, JoanK was eviscerated!

Spoiler :
He was a member of the BLUFOR team. He was represented by the character Mat93.

16/20 Operatives Reporting for Duty

BSmith1068 -- BLUFOR Codename Goose
Buddhafish -- BLUFOR Codename Romeo
Choxorn -- BLUFOR Codename Platinum
classical_hero -- BLUFOR Codename Fortress
dcmort93 -- BLUFOR Codename Patriot
johnhughthom -- BLUFOR Codename Python
Mat93 -- BLUFOR Codename Saber
NinjaCow64 -- BLUFOR Codename Fox
Nintz -- BLUFOR Codename King
Optical -- BLUFOR Codename Cipher
Ravus_Sol -- BLUFOR Codename Ultra
robbiecon -- BLUFOR Codename Fang
SouthernKing -- BLUFOR Codename Felix
Takhisis -- BLUFOR Codename Scipio
Visorslash -- BLUFOR Codename Ghost
Zack -- BLUFOR Codename Spoon

Askthepizzaguy -- Neutral Codename Razor -- Lynched D2
JoanK -- BLUFOR Codename Wolf -- Eviscerated N3
Seon -- BLUFOR Codename Buffalo -- Arrested N3
Spaceman98 -- BLUFOR Codename Dragon -- Arrested N1

Night 4 has begun.

Time until Night 4 ends: [TIMER="7/01/2013 11:59 AM EST ; Night 4 is over."][/TIMER]

Please do not submit Night orders until I PM you (if applicable).

Danger Zone: Mat93 -- please PM me to confirm you're still in this game. If not... then things could get bad.

Night 4 has begun.

Time until Night 4 ends: [TIMER="7/01/2013 11:59 AM EST ; Night 4 is over."][/TIMER]

Please do not submit Night orders until I PM you (if applicable). Please do not post!

Niiiiice! :rolleyes:

Remember to post the story update, Dreadnought.

Sorry... is it just me or did we skip a day?

I told ya that would happen. :rolleyes:

And here I stop posting.

Top Bottom