NOTW XLVIII -- The DOOM Project, Episode II: The Orphans of Oblivion [Game Thread]

I also haven't a clue where I'm going or what I'm doing. I haven't quite weighed the options yet.

I might wait and see what the others are doing and why before I make my choice.

That's right, I'm announcing my indecision. Next I'll post from a mobile device and be third on the wagon while eating a spicy meatball.

I don't screw my team over just so I can say that I did it. WIFOM whatever, drinking both goblets of poison and keeling over just isn't in the script.

No, of course not. You're immune to the powder, so drinking it doesn't kill you. :p

No, of course not. You're immune to the powder, so drinking it doesn't kill you. :p

I thought the overconfident mafioso who is too pleased with his own deceptive abilities and astounding intellect drinks the poison and dies, and is actually surprised by that outcome. Thus leading the reasonable observer to conclude he wasn't actually that smart.

:nono: iocaine is Princess Bride stuff, choxxy, lets keep it where it belongs!

Now, that was as surprising as always is with Pizza. Of course, we should not waste a scan on him, but should we trust him? I say we do for now. My vote thus stays on No Lynch.

I request at least another operative to join Alpha Team.

Well Razor, that was.........very interesting, to say the least.

As per your move, Wolf did suggest another operative join the Alpha team (moving to CERN), a statement I agree with. As you are active as of now, it would be better if we could lock in that operative moving to CERN ASAP rather than wait it out until crunch time.

Obviously it's your move and I can't make it for you , but hopefully this helps your indecisiveness.

Now, that was as surprising as always is with Pizza. Of course, we should not waste a scan on him, but should we trust him? I say we do for now. My vote thus stays on No Lynch.

I think that this is an easy call. What's going to annoy me is later on where someone steps forward with the brilliant theory they've been working on for days, ever since I claimed, and they'll go:

"Guys, I think we should take another look at Askthepizzaguy. Sure, it would take gonads made out of the crystals they use in lightsabers, but if anyone could do it, Askthepizzaguy would. And now he's got a convenient excuse for never being murdered AND scanning as guilty. I say we lynch him and find out!"

Bonus points if they use this verbatim. But I will still be annoyed.

Well Razor, that was.........very interesting, to say the least.

As per your move, Wolf did suggest another operative join the Alpha team (moving to CERN), a statement I agree with. As you are active as of now, it would be better if we could lock in that operative moving to CERN ASAP rather than wait it out until crunch time.

Obviously it's your move and I can't make it for you , but hopefully this helps your indecisiveness.

Certainly considering it. I'll think on it and probably make the call when I return from work today.

Of course it is likely to happen. You are Pizza after all. It is inevitable. Now, would you please move to the CERN with Team Alpha?

Holy crap, I was victim of the typical ATPG doublepost.

Holy crap, I was victim of the typical ATPG doublepost.

I am not double posting. That was my twin brother, Askthepizzaguyman. It just doesn't all fit so he shortens it to Askthepizzaguy.

He has the same avatar as me, which is confusing. But if Dommy can do it, so can I.

I mean he. Whatever. Sometimes I forget which twin I am. Because that definitely happens, right?

So, supposing I have negative discretion on account of me being a bumbling moron. Let's just say for the sake of argument.

What are the consequences of me not joining any missions and therefore not bumbling them up?

Wouldn't that be the obvious choice?

Of course, that would mean I don't get to share in any of the rewards, thus making me even more useless than I already am.

I think Dreadnought is getting me back for having different political leanings than him.

I think the path of least harm would be to sabotage, I mean join, any mission which is already obviously going to succeed even if I join it. That way I'm doing something and can be affected by whatever rewards there are.

Or I can just sit my useless butt at my desk, looking like a scumbag all game, and contributing nothing.

There's a chance my discretion can improve during this game, right?

Only if the twins live in the same body. Which could very well be your case. And here of course the "you" is plural. For you and your twin. Although, in this case, the "you" IS individual. Clear enough for you, dear?

Keep that twin under control, Pizza. You don't want to be lynched because of his scummilicious posting, do you?

Missions

Each day, players submit move orders to locations in the world that play host to a Mission. Missions are the necessary operations the players must complete in order to win the game.
Some Missions are optional; some are necessary to complete the BLUFOR objectives.
Missions may provide a reward for the players that partake in them. That reward is given to each player that partakes in the Mission. Other times, a Mission may only give a single reward, at which point that item will be put up to a vote.
In order for a Mission to succeed, the combined Discretion of all players on that Mission must exceed the Discretion requirement of that Mission.

There is a serious incentive for me to join missions anyway, but obviously, I leave that up to your discretion, and yes, I meant that two ways.

Keep that twin under control, Pizza. You don't want to be lynched because of his scummilicious posting, do you?

I honestly don't care. I'm going to be the LVP of the game unless I personally deduce who half the scumbags are somehow.

So, suppose you do have this negative discretion, it would be in your best interests to go where you can gain some discretion, thus improving your positive impact on missions.

Tokyo IIRC allows all of the participants to gain discretion, while CERN doesn't offer that.

Tokyo however has a wanted level of low, which looks higher than minimal. That might mean that our wanted level increases with each person that participates in the mission.

And if that is actually what you have Atpg (negative discretion) then for some important missions you might have to chill at the safe house unless you can improve your discretion.

Which would require a ForrestGumpian level of "bumbling moron succeeding despite his challenges" kind of outcome, btw. Also known as "pulling a Homer".

Hey! You broke my c-c-c-combo. Aren't you usually too busy to play these games, Buddha? Why you suddenly become active in the middle of my shpiel?

Top Bottom