NOTW XLVIII -- The DOOM Project, Episode II: The Orphans of Oblivion [Game Thread]

Move: Data Acquisition, Tokyo

Agent Fox has a point in that the Tokyo mission provides better resources for the team. While CERN certainly has a high priority as well, I see no need to over commit to that particular mission when the rewards are less. Though, if we do not have enough volunteers for that mission in the end, I have no qualms changing my plans.

Vote: No Lynch

For reasons stated by others before me.

I do agree with all of the operative who state that we don't need to overcommit to CERN. However, we do need to meet a certain level of discretion to complete the infiltration.

I would say that not 4, but 5 operatives is the optimal number for success.

It is of vital need to locate all four elements. Therefore, I will opt to move: CERN Headquarters in Geneva. That splits evenly our forces for now between our two available missions. As Operative Dragon said, though, the CERN location may be a perfect place to set up a trap. Thus I believe it to be a better option for us to send more operatives to Switzerland than to the Tokyo mission, which in any case is not essential to our victory.

If nothing happens, we will in any case be widely superior to our foes in any of these locations.

I also believe that, lacking real evidence pointing to the infiltrators, I second the Vote: No Lynch

Platinum, checking in.

Move: Tokyo

TL;DR version:

Zack is most intelligent

This is Agent Ultra chiming in with a update on the Squad layout for the two missions. There are still 8 agents AWOL. Communication silence only needs to be adhered to at night. Don't go dark on us now or chaps might get suspicious.

Each mission needs a discretion of 5 to be completed. As the minimum discretion one can have will be a value of one, both missions can be deemed to have enough to be completed. Providing nothing goes wrong. Which it will.

Alpha Squad: CERN Mission (Priority)
  • Buddhafish (Romeo)
  • Optical (Cipher)
  • Ninjacow (Fox)
  • Robbiecon (Fang)
  • JoanK (Wolf)

Beta Squad: Tokyo Mission
  • Ravus Sol (Ultra)
  • Visorslash (Ghost)
  • Zack (Spoon)
  • Spaceman (Dragon)
  • Classical Hero (Fortress)
  • Nintz (King)
  • Choxorn (Platinum)

Each mission needs a discretion of 5 to be completed.
"~5+" does not necessarily mean exactly five, and I suspect it indicates a minimum of five, rather than an accurate expectation. I think we should venture on the safe side. Maybe a 12/8 split between Tokyo/CERN?

That said, I doubt everyone has a Discretion of 1.

Now we have 6 operatives on our Alpha Squad since Felix came on board. Thanks to Ultra for compiling that.

That should be enough for CERN. If anyone else wishes to follow us, you are welcome. As Spoon said, 5 is not a concrete number for the combined discretion level. Everyone else however should move to Tokyo. We should not have operatives sitting on the sidelines doing nothing.

...Yeah, I guess. Vote: No Lynch

This is going to be another game where people will assume I'm trying some crazy desperate ballsy tactic purely for the purposes of making myself look awesome, which will result in my lynch, and there will be much groaning from the Blufor team.

Heads up, I scan as Opfor even though I am not.

Oh, what fun. What fun for me.

So don't bother scanning me. I will scan as Opfor, to all alignment scanners in this game. There, you've already got a guilty result. Hooray.

Why do I scan as Opfor even though I am not? Because apparently I am a bumbling moron, and that makes it appear as though I am working against my own faction.

I will slap the first person who suggests that this is some scum tactic. Please bite me. Just vote me and say nothing of the sort, I will have more respect for you.

You may not, under any circumstances, quote any PMs you receive from the moderator. You may paraphrase.

Under normal circumstances I would just post my PM.

This is a bit better than a normal Miller role because at least I'm aware I scan as the wrong alignment, rather than it being a nasty surprise.

It should be a rule of mafia that if you're ever aware that you scan as the wrong alignment you should claim immediately. I don't care if it gets me lynched, this is better than being lynched later on and also wasting a detective scan.

I could try and risk never being scanned but I know you people. I love you, but you'll never be able to stop yourselves from scanning me or lynching me with guilty results.

Place your bets.

No lynch- 10:1
ATPG lynched with the bare minimum necessary votes- 5:1
ATPG lynched with all votes not voting No Lynch- 4:1
ATPG lynched with all votes, even the people who are inactive- 3:1
ATPG lynched with votes from people who aren't even playing- 2:1
Someone else is lynched- 1000:1

That's all very nice, Razor. Perhaps you could tell us something interesting, like where you plan on going?

I'm going to CERN, I wants me a mini black hole.

I'd suggest that's a scum tactic, but I think you're about equally likely to claim something like this regardless of your alignment.

I'd suggest that's a scum tactic, but I think you're about equally likely to claim something like this regardless of your alignment.

Ugh. Don't my plans as scum make any sort of sense whatsoever and generally contribute to my team at least potentially winning?

Please. I realize I'm Askthepizzaguy but deliberately shooting myself in the foot for no reason unprovoked on Day One is not in my scum playbook. Almost anything else, ya, I can see that.

I don't screw my team over just so I can say that I did it. WIFOM whatever, drinking both goblets of poison and keeling over just isn't in the script.

Top Bottom