NOTW XLVIII -- The DOOM Project, Episode II: The Orphans of Oblivion [Game Thread]

At the JIRN.

Well unfortunately my discretion is not the highest in the world, therefore I shall go to the Sightings Investigation

We have an esteemed discretion no lower than 6 there, whereas we need a minimum of 10. Preferably at least 12.

And we have not achieved a critical amount of discretion in Bogota either. We gave chief priority to objective-related missions, and I encourage all operatives heading for Colombia to switch.

We must also take into account that Razor's scan status and negative discretion were both gimmies provided to you by Razor in his opening day reveal.

Razor knows that telling you he's going to sabotage your mission by virtue of idiocy, and then arresting someone on that same mission, leads to the conclusion of hey why don't we lynch Razor.

Unvote: Vote Razor/Askthepizzaguy

Razor saying all this while still not revealing his negative discretion leads to the conclusion that Razor is making himself a burden. I don't care about your Strength. I don't care that you think you are eventually going to get lynched because of your OPFOR scan status. What I do care about is that you might have botched the mission solely on your negative discretion. Just reveal it so we can move on and plan around it. It's not something that should matter so much. It only effects the missions not how likely you are to get stabbed in the back.

The only reason everyone ELSE hasn't revealed their discretion is because OPFOR might target the higher discretions first to hinder the missions. You on the other hand have no excuse.

Here is everyone that went to Tokyo:

ATPG
BSmith
Choxorn
Classical
Dcmort
Mat
Nintz
Ravus
Spaceman
Visor
Zack

Thank you for posting this, as it has just made me realise. People were in the wrong places in the write up. Choxorn was in CERN and Ninjacow and JoanK were in Tokyo. Was this a mistake on the part of Dreadnought or did people switch in PM? Because the latter is suspicious.

Dear, I suggest that you read again. "Spaceman98 was arrested. He was BLUFOR and he was represented by character DaveShack." Paraphrasing the update. I assume that people in writeups appear as their characters, not themselves.

Yeah, that's probably it. Seeing myself at CERN confused me too.

Anyway, Vote: Askthepizzaguy

If he's scum, and given that this is ATPG, he might be, we should certainly lynch him, and if he has nothing but scanning OPFOR and negative discretion, he's a hindrance to us and lynching him at least wouldn't hurt.

Unless you just have insanely high strength and less negative discretion than we think, or some other cool thing we don't know about, I don't see why we shouldn't lynch you, Pizzadude.

Move: JINR

What is this vote thing people speak of so boldly?

I don't see why we shouldn't lynch you, Pizzadude.

Answer: Because I'm a member of your team.

If it isn't obvious that you're killing a member of your own team, then let me show you my card so you can move on to other suspects.

Vote: Askthepizzaguy

Every time I see self-voting, I am reminded of my very first Mafia game... Except when Gong4tehCello does it.

Every time I see self-voting, I am reminded of my very first Mafia game... Except when Gong4tehCello does it.

This is a special case, though. As dumb as the lynch is, I'd rather do it now than on let's say, round 8 when it might matter.

If it isn't obvious that you're killing a member of your own team, then let me show you my card so you can move on to other suspects.

AGH. There is no saving you when you do this. I voted for you first and I didn't care about your OPFOR team scan! I don't care about any of that! I care that you have now ignored THREE direct questions about what exactly your negative Discretion IS.

AGH. There is no saving you when you do this. I voted for you first and I didn't care about your OPFOR team scan! I don't care about any of that! I care that you have now ignored THREE direct questions about what exactly your negative Discretion IS.

Kiss me on the whitest part of my butt. I don't answer to you. Kill me.

I have already given you all the information you need to know. Anything beyond that, I would have provided, if I was going to.

Yeah, thats like, your only way out, Pizza. Unless there are sufficient No Lynch votes.

Okay. I wont vote cause I said I wouldnt and I think it is quite rude to break ones own word, but I am supporting the ATPG lynch.

Why? Because I am scum? If I'm scum you should be supporting my lynch, not "keeping your word" as if that mattered in a mafia game. Don't do me any favors.

If I'm not scum, then you shouldn't support the lynch. Did everyone forget how to play mafia today?

I'm going to at least remind you folks which game you're playing before I die, so that you can start playing it properly.

What everyone remembers is that you are the craziest Mafia player around, Zack being the craziest host, and that everything can be expected of you. I am too doubtful now to vote anything and keeping my word is actually important for me. I am not a good Mafia player, but I try to do whatever I can.

ATPG, you wouldn't happen to be a jester, would you?

Move: Sightings Investigation

Take your self-vote and shove it up your bum.

I see four possibilities:

1) You got a really freaking sh**ty role, and that sucks donkey testicles. Sorry if that's the case, but you're enough of a hindrance - purely due to your assigned role - that you should be lynched.

2) You are a jester. Unlikely, given the jester's extreme rarity and unpopularity. If this is true, lick my ass because I hate you.

3) You're scum, and this is some sort of weird Chewbacca Defense or WIFOM. Doesn't seem likely, but I suppose it's not outside of the realm of possibility. As someone else pointed out, it would give excuses for both scanning as OPFOR and not being killed.

4) You're just being an idiot.

None of these possibilities bode particularly well for you, my greasy friend.

Top Bottom