Nubia First Look

Nubia OP

Funny thing is from what we know/speculate at the moment, Poland is the weakest of the DLC civs, and Poland is still above-average. Some of the vanilla civs already need a huge makeover.
I'm not sure "above average" is how I would describe Poland. Poland can be insanely OP--maybe not on a Cyrus/Alexander level, but still pretty crazy.

To be fair, he might have just been some guy that really wanted Nubia in. They were at the top of most people's lists alongside Ghana/Mali/Songhai and Ethiopia.

[Edit]: I see, that's not the guy I thought you were talking about. He does seem like he had inside knowledge.

Bringing Archer rush to the next level....and with Gods of Craftsmen Pantheon I think this is probably one of the most productive Civilizations.

I'm not sure "above average" is how I would describe Poland. Poland can be insanely OP--maybe not on a Cyrus/Alexander level, but still pretty crazy.
I agree with you, i'd put them in the 75th percentile but wasn't trying to get into that in this topic. They aren't as easy to play "out of the box" as the two you mentioned, due to Hussars being quite expensive, and one isn't guaranteed to get relics.

Damn she's thicc

In all seriousness this seems like basically a ranged unit spam civ? Not sure how to feel about that, I mean it's not like the AI were bad enough at handling those already. The +40% district production with a pyramid up could be quite strong for going wide too and/or in combination with going military for the cities you conquer

Not sure it'll be my favourite in terms of game design but it looks quite strong in theory, it just feels a bit one-dimensional

That is my only problem with Nubia. From the looks of it, they really limit your viable strategies and force you into Archer spam every single game. As if we didn't have enough warmongers...

Yeah It appears Firaxis think we have the most fun taking candy from a baby... :rolleyes: I honestly have no idea how anyone could find that fun. :nono: Congratulations you spammed archers, bum-rushed broken AI and won the game on turn 50! Much fun... :cringe:

So now for the third leader we have a few choices:
1 an alternate leader for Egypt which seems very likely,
2 another African civ like Ethiopia
3 another SE Asian civ other than Indonesia

I'll certainly take a free discount on districts. Honestly that popped up to me as the most powerful bonus. If you're going for rush strats you can absolutely get a great general made earlier than any other civ you would play, and that is a big deal. This would be the first time I would definitely put down the UI if I had the opportunity to. But really just for the district discount; the actual yield bonus is menial to me.

The secondary bonus to me is the extra yields on mine resources, sure why not.

The archers are the least interesting to me. They still can't take cities so, as long as the battering ram works the way it does in Civ 6, I still don't see any reason not to stick with melee or heavy cavalry units for combat. Better use of hammers.

That's the least likely though

Maybe. Maybe not. At this point, having any additional civs or leaders for Africa is the least likely, because that would already be revealed. We would have gotten Nubia last Thursday and the additional component today. They might reveal it tomorrow during the Livestream, but I consider that very unlikely.

So I would rank the chances:
1) SEA civ in addition to Indonesia
2) alt leader for Indonesia
3) additional civ or alt leader in Africa

Kandake of Meroe - +20% production to districts, 40% if there is Nubian Pyramid next to your City Centre.

Ta-Seti - 50% production towards ranged units. All ranged units gain 50% experience. Mines over strategic resources gain 1 production, mines over luxury and bonus resources gain 2 gold.

UNIQUE UNIT: Pítati - It is stronger and faster than the ancient Archer and upgrades to Crossbowman.

UNIQUE IMPROVEMENT: Nubian Pyramid - A Nubian Pyramid can be built on Desert, Desert Hills or in Floodplains regions. They provide Faith, as well as additional yields based on the adjacent District, or Food for the City Center.

https://www.civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-nubia-dlc-amanitore-first-look-new-civ

Thank you much, kindly Sir ;-)

Top Bottom