1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nubia First Look

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

In terms of agenda, I imagine Aminitore's will focus on something anti-Egyptian, since they were historic enemies. Maybe she hates any civ that builds sphinxes LOL. Anyway, I just don't see her and Cleo getting along...

Hawke9 and Ozymandias9891 like this.
  2. civviefan

civviefan Warlord

She looks amazing! From the looks of it, Nubia will be my favorite civ to play!!

MarcosQuadros and Hawke9 like this.
  3. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

If it is a second leader for Egypt, I'm thinking Senusret 1. It would fit with the scenario which is building temples to Amun (not Amun-Ra), and competing with Nubia. Probably he'd have his own bonus toward production or religion.

4. Luart

Luart Chieftain

Dont you think that they would put a second leader together with first look today? If it would be a second leader in this update.

5. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

If it's a second civ, I personally hope for Siam. On the other hand, India is in desperate need of anyone but Gandhi. ;)

I wouldn't call Nubia and Egypt traditional enemies. They went to war at times, but they were also close trading partners, and at one time a Nubian dynasty ruled Egypt; meanwhile, the Nubians were ardent admirers of all things Egyptian and modeled their fashion and culture closely on Egyptian trends. In-game, meanwhile, Cleopatra is likely to like Aminatore because of her large army.

None of the scenarios so far have used actual leader models, so I don't think the scenario need inform leader choices.

Bosque, nzcamel, ferretbacon and 2 others like this.
  6. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

Maybe not, but it's more likely than nothing informing them. I'm wondering if there will be changes to Egypt's current form in a patch as well. The reason being, Nubia basically seems like Egypt 2.0.

I'm not happy about any of this to be honest. :coffee:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Kimiimaro likes this.
  7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I think it will either be two leaders for Indonesia (remember, whatever the additional thing is, it has to be from SEA or Africa), or Khmer. Khmer and the Srijavaya have a history together, which could suit a scenario.

DWilson, slyone14 and Zaarin like this.
  8. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

Wouldn't that just be two new civs instead of two new leaders though?

I still think it would be a nice twist if the SEA civ and 2 leaders ended up being Vietnam under the Trung sisters.

9. AessaSH

AessaSH Warlord

Nah, it will be Vietnam, with Trung Sisters as the 2 new leaders.. :p

edit: ninja'd

10. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Nubia OP

Funny thing is from what we know/speculate at the moment, Poland is the weakest of the DLC civs, and Poland is still above-average. Some of the vanilla civs already need a huge makeover.

oedali, nzcamel and God of Kings like this.
  11. spfun

spfun King

Desert start bias is bad and this nation doesn't really get anything to help with all important strong early yields that a plains/grassland hill can provide, I'm talking about a heavy desert start, desert all round... 40% off districts with a pyramid is nice but you have less +prod yields due to desert. The Archer is key to the strength of this nation and it goes obsolete quickly. I'm not a fan of war but it will be nice on defense against barbs or early DoW from AI civ.

None of those pyramids in the video were workable tiles, hopefully they get boosts from tech/civics in addition to districts.

Any news on additions to the main game in this DLC, Like a new wonder or something? I don't play scenarios just the main game.

12. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

I believe that Firaxis intentionally made the DLC civs generally stronger than the average vanilla civ to entice purchasing DLC, may it be à la carte or the Digital Deluxe Edition.

13. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

unless we get a surprise Egypt new leader announcement tomorrow I would think the two new civs/leaders will be SEA

Zaarin, CivLuvah and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  14. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Prince

Maybe it will be Vietnam, and they are counting the Trung sisters as two leaders.

And then everyone will get mad.

15. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

Found capital on floodplane bias, spam archers, conquor everything around you that isn't in the desert because archer rush is already strong, nevermind with stronger archers, build Petra in capital, spam end-turn and place bets on which victory screen you'll see.

CPWimmer and Kimiimaro like this.
  16. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Lol of course you're not. Remember, nothing is new under the sun :p

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  17. Xefjord

Xefjord Warlord

Then I will become happy

DeutschDachs and Kimiimaro like this.
  18. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

That is my only problem with Nubia. From the looks of it, they really limit your viable strategies and force you into Archer spam every single game. As if we didn't have enough warmongers...

19. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

We are missing something important here.

Where did the Nubia-guy get his knowledge from?

CPWimmer and Kimiimaro like this.
  20. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

He posted again right before the First Look was revealed in the other thread, but it got lost in the hype wave. I get the impression he knows, or is, someone at Firaxis.

Duuk, CPWimmer and Eagle Pursuit like this.