Nukes, discuss

Krick, I think thats wrong, remember that there are no defensive units in the city, so in effect you are just landing on workers and settlers so i can see no reason why not.

" To All " Thanks for keeping my first thread alive, me and the breadknife are moving into our new home now , so i propose a new unit = " the painter " , he can paint your land any colour you want at twice the speed of a worker, and , and , and , he can polyfilla any cracks you may have in your land. ( of course no attack value or defense value and movement of 10 on all surfaces ( bombard pollyfilla range of 2 ) )

There what do you think to any movers?

Thunderpants

Nukin' is fun.. if you have the workers to clean it up.. I played a game once where I was next to last place at the time but, I already had ICBM's.. so I started collecting them.. my nearest neighbor was in first place at the time and decided to declare war on me.. He would have crushed me for sure in a conventional war but, I put an ICBM on every one of his city's.. Moved in and took most of them then cleaned it up.. and was in the lead.. The other civ's tried to attack me then... but I they only managed to nuke 3-4 of my cities..

Tactical Nukes are unbelievable effective. For example, in my current game, I am just mass producing nukes. The Indians are the only AI left alive, and our militaries are about equal...however, there is one difference...I possess all the uranium.:nya:

So what do I do? I take the 6 Tactical Nukes I have lying around, and start hurling them at Indian cities. Those 6 nukes take out half the Indian army. :D Now I am free to purge and pillage...with my 101 Tanks :D

Half??? :eek: How did you manage that? Were they all stacked in one place? Didn't think the AI did that... :confused:

Six nukes, six cities, including their capital. Also, their army mostly consisted of TOW Infantry, so they kept alot in cities.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
Six nukes, six cities, including their capital. Also, their army mostly consisted of TOW Infantry, so they kept alot in cities.

Does that mean that a Tactical Nuke just destroys everything in the city(defenders) but doesent reduce it or cut pop. in half?

Nukes aren't fun anymore because the AI usually won't nuke you back in conquests,or if you send 10 nukes, the AI will counter with 2 or 3.

AnsarKing101 said:
Does that mean that a Tactical Nuke just destroys everything in the city(defenders) but doesent reduce it or cut pop. in half?

IIRC, there is a 50% chance of a unit being destroyed, and anything that isn't is reduced to 50% health. And yes, it cuts pop in half.

Who builds Tacticals? Wait a few turns and go power crazy with ICBMs...

How about a nuke that packs your house and then unpacks it into your new house, that would be handy round about now .....

brennan said:
Who builds Tacticals? Wait a few turns and go power crazy with ICBMs...

When you only have 1 AI left who refuses to sell you Satellites, you will settle for whatever you can get your hands on. Trust me :p

Don't be lazy, reasearch it...

Whyfore you not get it first anyway?!?!

Probably playing on a high difficulty level. It's literally impossible to research modern age techs yourself on Sid, for example. ;)

Why? does the base rate change? He says he only has 1 opponent left, should be plenty of room for cities to do research...

Top Bottom