OB07 - The First Shall Be Last

Lurker: In FfH, 50 turns is a short grace period. I would have settled on the grassland hill and begun working the corn (3F1C) immidiately. That would push pop and tech ahead and with some luck, you'd be swapped @ T50 straight (high pop, high tech).

Guys, I gotta drop out. School is really picking up. Sorry, I'll lurk though.

Mysticism, which we're researching.

After that I think it would be Philosophy, or a religion founding tech if we get the prereqs. I think it goes by FLAVOR_RELIGION techs in the order they're listed in the XML file [although really I don't have a strong basis for thinking so] and looking casually, that's what it looks like.

If you can tell me, idiotproof, how to install this and still be able to run .33 for Scarborough, I would be more than glad to join in.

If you can tell me, idiotproof, how to install this and still be able to run .33 for Scarborough, I would be more than glad to join in.

aren't the different versions of FFH treated like two separate mods? (in folders FFH 2.033 and FFH 2.034) the patches overwrite each other, but not the basic version numbers, afaik.

aren't the different versions of FFH treated like two separate mods? (in folders FFH 2.033 and FFH 2.034) the patches overwrite each other, but not the basic version numbers, afaik.

Eh? That's not foolproof enough. Thanks though.

@Ozbenno: Please consider me in if I can get this working. But I am unable to play until Sunday.

Step one- Download mod installer

Step two- Doubleclick and install

Step three- Download latest patch

Step four- install latest patch

Ugh, struggling with the mod atm. It took up 9 mb more than I had o free space so I am in doubt whether it needs to DL the entire bunch again :hmm:

I've DL'ed the .34 (now my HD is completely filled!), waiting for bandwith availablity for the patch (G), prolly wont have time to play, so please advance beyond me.

OK, getting this back on track....

Everything looks good. Settler in 14 and Mysticism in 17, I'll take it that long unless we somehow switch before then.

Many turns of pressing enter ensue.

We build the settler and plant the new city here.

Mysticism comes in and we replace it with Crafting.

We bulb Philosophy.

I play one extra turn as we'll grow to size 7, so I want to see if we switch leaders now.

We don't :mad:

So we just have to keep growing.

Maybe let Cahir Abbey grow to size 8 and then build another settler. We should get some extra points for the land of our second city in 6-7 turns, so that might push us over.

Jet or Diamondeye are UP!

Attachments

• OB07 AD-0106.CivBeyondSwordSave
    209.4 KB · Views: 62
106 - I'm delighted at the 2 unhappy population in the capital and how they've catapulted us to victory :\. I switch research from Crafting to Exploration for trade routes and to hook up the Incense. I switch the build in the capital from a Warrior to a Settler.

107 - a forest grows on the plains hill 1NE of the capital. Nice.

113 - Orthus spawns. I try to screenshot the Orthus bubble but miss it. The bubble was approximately here. I replay the turn in order to not miss the bubble, but on the replay he spawns in a different place, so I reload the original.

116 - Glens of Killybergs grows to size 2.

122 - size 3. Also, the first real attacking barb I've seen appears. It's a Goblin, 1N of our fogbusting Warrior.

123 - the Goblin tries to go around the Warrior through the forest, which gives the Warrior 98.9% with Woodsman, and up 4 XP to 13. I give him Shock in anticipation of more Orcs.

124 - finish Exploration and resume Crafting.

126 - that didn't take long. 1 Orc Warrior appears north of the fogbuster and suicides himself.

127 - Astrologers report that the Sliver Tears has moved into prominance. [sic, but then Kael regularly spells out "definately".] This constellation is sacred to Danalin. Your harbormasters report increased catches from fishing fleets and your governors report an increase in suicides. Fishing? What's that? These signs mean nothing.

128 - Capital finishes Settler. I'd finish the Warrior that we had a few hammers into, but they've decayed and disappeared. Sorry. I start a Worker. The second Worker is maybe slight overkill, but it will only take 8 turns to build, and I want to get the cities hooked up promptly.

129 - Astrologers report that the Jeweled Mask has moved into prominence. Huzzah! This constellation is sacred to Esus and your watch commanders report increased criminal behavior after its display. Esus? What's that? These signs mean nothing.

129 - Killybegs grows to its happy cap and I employ a Very Special Governor Button:

I notice that we didn't get +1 Happy from the Incense and go, "Duh. We don't, do we." I mean, we could build Pagan Temples, but they're kind of expensive.

129 - A Goblin appears 1NW of the fogbuster and suicides.

130 - Our third city is founded in a spot where it gets an extra hammer and can grow on the two grass tiles to its northwest. This might prevent us from using the other Fish, depending where we put the next city, but I'm thinking more short term. I would put the next city on the plains hill 1S3E of the capital.

Meanwhile Killybegs has mad production - 6 phat hammers - and might be a good place to build a Council and run a Sage.

Attachments

• OB07 AD-0130.CivBeyondSwordSave
    225 KB · Views: 59
Crafting was so we can build a winery, which does give us an extra happy :p

Sage and council seems a good idea in Killybegs, we may just have to settler spam to get to the front of tech score here. Pagan Temples allow a priest to be employed as well.

Roster
Ozbenno
Jet
Conroe - UP
Quotey - On Deck
Imhotep - MIA
Diamondeye - Ready to jump in

I do have some problems with my Internet connection :( . Anyone who can grab it should do so...

Top Bottom