Office of the Judiciary - Term 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by disorganizer
So i propose a ammendment to the constitution. A law allowing us to found national parks with the described rules.
Who would be in charge of bringing up such an ammendment?
You could do this yourself, dis. If you need help, let me know. You only need a law here as the leader rights countered are defined in the laws, not the Constitution.
the blue mountain national park can be implemented anyways immediately, as all affected governors complied (mayors are no constitutional positions. their rights are mentioned nowhere).
the domestic leader also complied.
So long as everybody's cooperating with it, the Park project could go on indefinitely with no rule changes whatsoever. The only thing a new law will do is enforce the park rules if a governor does not wish to follow them on his own.

Shaitan:
could the issue "governor versus park-authorities" also be handled by domestic department or cabinet override?
if yes, then this will be propably ok.
if no, we should make a law.

Law discussion for park-system:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27905

i would like you, shaitan, to finally formulate the rules before we put them to poll. i estimated tomorrow or the day after for a final draft, then you could post the proposal there, after 1 day i (or you?) could put this up for poll for 2 days. so next week we could get this ratified (hopefully before next term).

Originally posted by disorganizer
Shaitan:
could the issue "governor versus park-authorities" also be handled by domestic department or cabinet override?
if yes, then this will be propably ok.
if no, we should make a law.
The Pres can always call for a cabinet override for build queues.
i would like you, shaitan, to finally formulate the rules before we put them to poll. i estimated tomorrow or the day after for a final draft, then you could post the proposal there, after 1 day i (or you?) could put this up for poll for 2 days. so next week we could get this ratified (hopefully before next term).
I'll be happy to help.

The Judge Advocate's office agrees with the tone of the discussion here regarding the Census Office and National Parks. I'll even add a third item that was polled, that being National Guard and Coast Guard.

1) Census Officer - Is an unofficial title, with no bearing on actual responsibilities toward game play or government function, therefore no formal proceedures are required from the government.

2) National Park - The poll as phrased, does not change any laws or standards, therefore the effect of it's passage would have no legally binding effect on the governors within the territory of the proposed park. Shaitan will work with disorganizer to propose an actual binding law.

3) Coast/National Guard - That poll as phrased also does not change any laws or standards, and would therefore also not be binding on the Military Advisor. It appears that measure will not pass, but had it, and a governor attempted to give unit move orders without the MA's concurrance, there would have been a significant violation of our laws.

Bill
Judge Advocate of Phoenatica

Here is a proposal for deputy governors.

I would like to request a judicial review of the proposal before it is submitted to the approval / disapproval process.

I also have a proceduaral question. The proposal contains modifications to both the CoL and CoS. Is there a way to submit these changes together or must they be done seperately since the method for approving changes in the CoL differs from that for changing the CoS?

Originally posted by donsig
I also have a proceduaral question. The proposal contains modifications to both the CoL and CoS. Is there a way to submit these changes together or must they be done seperately since the method for approving changes in the CoL differs from that for changing the CoS?
Yes, these need to be submitted separately. Any citizen may initiate the Legislative process for the COL (as you have just done). A Council member must sponsor and post the COS elements.

Just a question, since Duke asked me to start the nomination threads (it's my first time. ;))

Are all the positions in the Judiciary office elected too?

Another quick question about elections. Browsing through the old election polls, I noticed that some people ran for two offices. Is that still possible under the new constitution?

Judge Advocate Review -
Proposed Change to Code of Laws - Section D
Proposed Change to Code of Standards - Section G

Deputy Governors

In accordance with Section E, Point 6, multiple subsections, of the Phoenatican Code of Laws, I submit the Judge Advocate review of this proposal, currently proposed in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27759

Findings: The JA office has determined that this change would not be a violation of the Consitution, and is sufficient as currently written to function correctly in our Code of Laws and Standards.

Therefore I cast my vote in favor of allowing a poll for passage.

Explaination : Phoenatica has used Deputy roles for all council positions throughout our proud history. Our infrastructure has grown complex enough to warrent the use of these Deputy positions in Governorships as well.

There are no constitutional conflicts with the law as currently written and proposed.

Other Comments : Please remember, my role here is to evaluate the proposal for it's constitutionality, and potential conflicts with other laws. It is not an endorsement of the proposal itself, which I have posted my comments on in the thread discussing the change.

Bill
Judge Advocate of Phoenatica

I request the judical review of a current situation which is unsatisfying for all kashmir cities:
Our governor is here (sometimes) and with this does not fall under absent rules.
But he seems to ignore or not to see the requests brought up by his mayors.
This lead to a unsatisfactory situation in the last turnchat:
* though a production change from factory to hospital was proposed, the factory was built (in the middle of a park!)
* a proposed railroading did not take place. instead, other unrequested tiles are worked on

what can be done?

hmm... The location of province capitals has no bearing on the playing of the game, so I'm guessing it'd be the same kind of thing as a 1st week of term, gubernatorial city rename. I'd therefore prescribe the same rules: Should be done in first week of term and will require a simple yes/no poll of the citizenry. If anyone has any problems with this approach, now would be a good time to say so :)

If you're considering the move of Kashmir's capital city of Cyrus, I don't think that would be a good idea. The first Governor of the Province names it and then choses the city in which will be the provincial government. Uprooting a capital city would be a horrendous affront to not only the people of that city, but the people of the Province. You have made great strides in the development of Delphi County, but the Cultural center of the Province is now and always has been Cyrus. So has the center of the Provincial Government. All of the businesses that support the government and aid it in functioning effectively are located in the Capital. If you are considering trying to move the government seat to a city nestled in a National Park, with limited access and a desire to keep pollution down, I as mayor of Cyrus, would have to advise against it? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Urgh, I omitted to say that such a move would be the province of the governor.

And to your "approach" Eklektikos, I disagree that renaming a city is comparable to relocating a Provincial Government in the first week of a Governors term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom