Official System Requirements

Thank you :D

And thanks, I've been looking around for more, is this one any better? I have no idea what to look for lol

http://www.littlewoods.com/acer-asp...4294958013&prdToken=/p/prod6085784-sku9597890

more info:

Intel Core i3-380M Processor (3Mb Cache, 2.53 GHz)
4GB DDR3 RAM and 750GB hard drive
17.3in HD+ Acer CineCrystal LED-backlit display
DVD SuperMulti dual layer drive
802.11 b/g/n WiFi
1.3Mp webcam
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Acer Aspire AS7741 laptop

I'm soon going to be buying a new desktop and with it CivV!

How would these specs handle the game?

AMD Athlon II X4 645 (3.1GHz/2MB cache)
6GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz
NVIDIA GeForce G310 512MB graphics card

Advice appreciated! :)

What is mesh detail? What does that "tessellation" thing mean?

I notice that I get a black screen while playing, and/or the game freezes, and I found that it may have to do with the "high detail strategic view" than anything else.

I'm running all other settings on medium and low on my Macbook Pro, Windows 7 (via Bootcamp) with 512MB VRAM from the NVIDIA 330M. 4GB of RAM (but Windows sees 2.13 GB usable).

Pretty sure it can handle the game though...hopefully it can with a lot of civs and in endgame. :/

Hi Guys,

Hope this is the right place to post my question.
I'm not able to play with a friend via the internet as we get the following error message: "Version Mismatc, connecting to the host is failed".

If I'm right the Steam account is automatically updating the patched so it can't happen that we are having different versions from the game.

If I'm not right can you pls tell me which is the latest version and how can I update it?

Can it be a problem that I'm having a MAc and my friend a PC?

Many thanks
isi

Well, pach and patch and patch......
How i can use these patches if i can't play on huge or large maps???
From the first patch the first fix should be the problem to load/play late games on large/huge maps. Shame....

im having performance issues in mid to late era's on standard size maps, its taking FOREVER to process a turn.
My system is all updated and running smoothly.

Intel i7 920 running at 4ghz (on air cooling, Inteliburn and Prime 95 stable baby!;)
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB DDR3 1600
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58
Western Digital 300gb & 150gb VelociRaptor
XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5

what gives?

I just got a new machine. Any idea if Civ V will work on it?
AMD Athlon 610e - X4 (Quad core)
8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
I'm not sure if the integrated graphics card can handle it.

I just got a new machine. Any idea if Civ V will work on it?
AMD Athlon 610e - X4 (Quad core)
8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
I'm not sure if the integrated graphics card can handle it.

Yes, according to the chart, you are 5 whole tiers below the 7900 GS, the listed minimum graphics card requirement. The good news is, a graphics card that will run this game on low settings can be had on the cheap. Good luck.

Thanks for your replies. It's an All-in-one machine, so its hard to upgrade, and family isn't going to agree to buying extra graphics card just for me to play games.

One last hope is that the system reqs say that core i3 graphics are sufficient. According to the same chart, this is supposed to be just a bit better than the core i3 graphics. Any thoughts on that?

Actually, I'm looking at the Steam minimum requirements, and it says "NOTICE: Intel(r) integrated video chipsets are not supported."

Sorry bud :/ Also note, integrated graphics will run a slideshow regardless of graphical settings. Even Civ 4 didn't run great on int. graphics.

Oh wow I just realized I was looking at the Mac requirements...sorry about that.

Yeah game should run on lowest graphics settings.

Top Bottom