Old Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried the 1939 scenario as Greece (v36) and it crashed on game turn 16. The final entry in the Lua.log is:
[122929.474] RedMain: Check if Convoy (id=319526) has reached a destination near (59,7)

All the other convoy entries end with "- returning move done!" so could it be a convoy issue that crashed the game? I can upload the log if desired...

I'd like the save on this one if possible.

Attached is the compressed Civ5Save file for turn 16 as Greece in the 1939 scenario that crashes when I end the turn. I tried reloading it and got exactly the same result. It will be interesting to see whether you get the same result! Cheers, Parthius

Attachments

• Ioannis Metaxas - Turn 16 - December 10, 1939.7z
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
Very interesting... any thoughts on what I could tweak on my system to try to avoid the crash?

no, hence the specific thread, I'd like to get a better understanding of those inconsistent crashes.

When an infantry unit has been fortified beyond 3 turns gaining the max of 75% defensive bonus if the unit gets a level they must start the fortification bonus all over again and will only get 25% even when you do nothing but level them and resume fortification.

I just tried with 1939 (big) Europe. No problem without hotseat. With hotseat, the game looks fine when the civ's turn begins and I don't move. As soon as I click, or scroll or do anything, it crashes. :/

I've tried every combination of countries and scenarios, and I always get a crash on AI turns. I have 8 GB ram, Windows 7 home premium, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, and I don't have G+K. I updated it to the newest versions of the data files and the DLL. It all worked fine until the fall patch for Civ V, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. Does anyone have any advice, or is there any other info I can provide to help figure out this bug?

Thanks

There are a couple of things you can do. One is to look at the last entries of the Lua.log file (you may have to turn that on in your config.ini file.) The other is to try the game referenced at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=484776 and let Gedemon know the result.

In that game, he doesn't have an issue but others including me do. In that case, the Lua.log was pointing toward a convoy issue. Deleting the indicated convoy unit (via IGE) each time I had a crash has let me get to turn 68, so we may be closing in on one issue.
Cheers, Parthius

I couldn't open it because I don't have G+K. I did my own game, same scenario, same nation, and it crashed turn 17, one after that game. Here's the report from the crash window:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Application Version: 1.0.2.21
Application Timestamp: 509d5f40
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.0.3.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50cfa65d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00172aea
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Don't know if that means anything to anyone more technical than I.

Attachments

• Ioannis Metaxas - Turn 16 - December 10, 1939.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
looks like the same kind of issue that Parthius has. I'll concentrate on one save for testing (the one from the dedicated thread), but thanks for the report.

Hi Gedemon. I saw you mention earlier in the thread that you have archived copies back to v.30. Would you be able to post a link to v.34? Thanks!

The fourth line down in Italy's start screen the following correction should be made.

The people of Italy have gotten weary of your rule and is (are) upset by the hard economic times....

The fourth line down in Italy's start screen the following correction should be made.

The people of Italy have gotten weary of your rule and is (are) upset by the hard economic times....

thanks !

Hi Gedemon, I'm just wondering if it's still not possible to provide bug help for 1936 scenarios. Thanks!

not yet, but *soon*

see the small note about the planned development I just posted.

Oh, okay! Sounds like version 38 might also solve the 1942 crash! Awesome Gedemon, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom