Old Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing with the R.E.D. Extreme mod and the faster airplane mods, those are the only ones active besides the two core WW2 RED mods.

I'm playing the Europe 1939 mod (the stable one) as Greece, and it's randomly crashing during turn changes. All of them are updated, no recurring mods installed... any advice?

maybe the UK convoy bug.

can you post your Lua log please ? (edit : see first post for how to get it)

Well I looked at the Lua file and there was a big "WARNING" and the word convoy showed up at the end. Attached is the Lua file as text in compression. Thanks for looking in advanced.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    284.1 KB · Views: 51
Hi Ultrapowerpie,
I just looked at your log and you have the "convoy bug."
If you want you can try the following work-around that I used very successfully:
Load the IGE (Ingame Editor) Mod along with RED WWII. Use the Log to find the culprit convoy. In your case it is within a hex of (66,6) (ie one hex from the first "Check if Convoy" line for the last convoy before it crashes). I use IGE to delete the convoy (you may be able to do it directly, I haven't tried that).
After you have deleted the convoy, you should make it to the next turn. I had to repeat this process 5 times (turns 16,25,26,32, and 280). It is a bit of a pain, but it is worth it to play the mod!!!

It certainly would be interesting to know whether this would work for you as well.

Is that the only fix, destroy all convoys? I was playing with fog of war on... turning it back on to delete random convoys causing bugs is a bit out for me. But if it's the only way I'll do it.

You only destroy the convoy that causes the crash (the last one referenced in the Lua.log). You don't need to do anything with fog of war; IGE will tell you what is in the hex without needing to lift the FOW and you don't need to see the convoy, just find it, select the hex with it and delete it. As I said, I had to delete a total of five convoys over more than 280 turns, so it wasn't that bad!

I ran into the British convoy bug on turn 5 in a game I was playing. I took your suggestion Parthius, and now I'm happily sailing along some 16 turns in. Thanks :)

Has there been any advancement in actually fixing the Convoy Bug?

It would be faster if someone knowing C++ and actually experimenting the bug could try to fix it. I'll release another test DLL soon, but I'm working blindly as the bug does not occur on my computer...

If you give me a little guidance on how to test the dll, I'll do it, as I do get the bug.

to those deleting the convoy that make you crash, is there a pattern in its position or units around ?

Is it always on the british turn that the convoy bug occurs?

For me it has always been on the British turn. Turn 16 #25/26 (66,6), turn 25 #25/25 (0,60), turn 26 #23/24 (5,35), turn 32 #23/24 (51,8), turn 280 (41,54); according to my notes.

It always seems to be the last or next to last convoy in the list. There does not seem to be a pattern as to where it happens.

I don't know whether there is a connection, but as the Brits, I occasionally have to manually move a convoy. I don't know whether this is normal (as say when part of the overall path is blocked), but I never encountered it as the Germans.

Well, I hope it gets fixed soon. Not to put the pressure on Gede (afterall, he is doing a great job), but I'm really enjoying the mod, and I don't have the know how to fix the problem; even with the in game editor. So, everytime it happens I cry. :cry:

For me it has always been on the British turn. Turn 16 #25/26 (66,6), turn 25 #25/25 (0,60), turn 26 #23/24 (5,35), turn 32 #23/24 (51,8), turn 280 (41,54); according to my notes.

It always seems to be the last or next to last convoy in the list. There does not seem to be a pattern as to where it happens.

I don't know whether there is a connection, but as the Brits, I occasionally have to manually move a convoy. I don't know whether this is normal (as say when part of the overall path is blocked), but I never encountered it as the Germans.

Thanks.

It can happens that you have to manually moves your convoy when path is blocked, it should be less frequent since stacking in cities is possible.

I've installed civ on my HTPC, and, relative good news, the crash occurs on it, so I'll be able to test semi-directly the change on the DLL...

Thanks.

It can happens that you have to manually moves your convoy when path is blocked, it should be less frequent since stacking in cities is possible.

I've installed civ on my HTPC, and, relative good news, the crash occurs on it, so I'll be able to test semi-directly the change on the DLL...

Saweet!

Tested on the Stalingrad scenario. While bringing reinforcements across the Volga stacking artillery and infantry on the same water tile causes a crash.

1939 scenario I waited until turn 92 as Germany to take Paris and the fall of France did not happen.

Hi Gedemon,
Playing v37 Europe 1939-1945 with the scripted events checked still have a crach at the fall of France, is there a solution to fix it without changing the computer.

Tested on the Stalingrad scenario. While bringing reinforcements across the Volga stacking artillery and infantry on the same water tile causes a crash.
Thanks, you shouldn't be allowed to do that. seems it can be done when giving the embark order from more than 1 tile distance of the water plot. I'll check that.

1939 scenario I waited until turn 92 as Germany to take Paris and the fall of France did not happen.
yes, it can occur only in the first years of the war (and before USSR enter war against the Axis)

Hi Gedemon,
Playing v37 Europe 1939-1945 with the scripted events checked still have a crach at the fall of France, is there a solution to fix it without changing the computer.
It's very difficult to fix something that happens on some computers only.

BTW, those with the convoy crash, do you also have the "fall of" crash ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom