Old Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed it by adding more units to I think the russians who lost Moscow which was making the game crash.

I ve basically finished my game as the UK after I ve seen the "reload" bugfix.
They re is still some problems playing this race.

The number of unit england can supply before receiving hammer penalty is too short.
I ve started the game by sending all I had toward Munich and seized it. I directed all my cities production toward land unit and started to defend france to enable it to build up and produce troop to help me beat up the Axis.

1) France did not even tried to attack the germany. All they did was building walls, hospital, armory, etc. never did they had more than 4-5 units defending their land.

2) Ive holded germany and Munich until turn 61 where I bored playing the game.
I could not go foward I could not control enough troops to hold key positions and advance toward cities. I even had to attack and capture Ireland. Even with that it didnt gave me enough unit cap to be able to fight germany. I had like a 51 unit cap after which point my hammer production felled to -24%. I think I had like 55 unit on a 51 max. I had 22 land units, 7 planes, 26 ships(and 5 of those where scripted transport).

3) When grece declared on germany and italy, they could not send their troop to attack. There was too many city-state in front of them.

So basically, I was playing a game where all I could do was waiting for axis to beat up my units and finish france who did not seem to care about any other thing than building hospital in their cities. I did not produce any ships or planes during this game.
Maybe I could have eliminated some but I was using them to break up all new germany ships and to battle italy warships to the south.

I ve also found some bugs/problems

1- When the player declare war on a city-state, the game will often put the peace back the next turn. So it s annoying to declare war every turn when you just want to capture a city-state. Maybe you should control only the peace declaration with major civ and let the city-state peace to player control since anyway it s never hard to peace them.

2- It always hard to evaluation if a city will fall next turn. You dont have any way of having a city strength number. Is that doable to show the remaining city strength when hoovering mouse over it or in city screen or some other way?

3- I ve notice that a foreigh legion unit(french unit) could attack an win the final fight for a city be the script that capture the city didnt worked. So it shows all the visual effet of a city capture with the text and all and the unit that enter the city but the city still remains to the other "player" but with a city strength of 0 or 1.

4- I ve had problem with your suicidal script. When there is a howitzer under the suiciding unit, the attack of the howitzer is not cancelled. So you ll probly have to stop the attack before it happen to solve the suicidal attack bug.

5- Also, for some reason, often troops cannot attack inside cities.

6- Are you sure hospital work as intended? I hav nt seen any real difference when I left troops inside a city with the hospital building. Is the value high enough or maybe do it only work on the single unit fortifying the city?

7- The germany troops with blitzkreg skills never use the skill so they re like basic units. Maybe you should also think about capping the number of attacks to 2 or maximum 3. Because having 5 attacks with some tanks which are well positionned is somehow too OP.

Playing france is entertaining. Probly a little less then the conquering germany but still.
I think they have enough military power to resist relatively easily germany as they are. Maybe even too much power. I succeeded from the start to repel the invasion.
And was able to expand on their territory relatively fast by eating up italy.

thanks for the report :D

I ve basically finished my game as the UK after I ve seen the "reload" bugfix.
They re is still some problems playing this race.

The number of unit england can supply before receiving hammer penalty is too short.
I ve started the game by sending all I had toward Munich and seized it. I directed all my cities production toward land unit and started to defend france to enable it to build up and produce troop to help me beat up the Axis.
That's good then, England should not be in position to invade Germany alone.

1) France did not even tried to attack the germany. All they did was building walls, hospital, armory, etc. never did they had more than 4-5 units defending their land.
Some time the AI is more or less aggressive, there is a random variation at game start I think. Maybe some flavor should be tweaked also, but France not invading Germany every time when the war start is, again, something you'll want to see in a 39-45 scenario.

2) Ive holded germany and Munich until turn 61 where I bored playing the game.
I could not go foward I could not control enough troops to hold key positions and advance toward cities. I even had to attack and capture Ireland. Even with that it didnt gave me enough unit cap to be able to fight germany. I had like a 51 unit cap after which point my hammer production felled to -24%. I think I had like 55 unit on a 51 max. I had 22 land units, 7 planes, 26 ships(and 5 of those where scripted transport).
U.K. should go for Libya first.

3) When grece declared on germany and italy, they could not send their troop to attack. There was too many city-state in front of them.
In my test game they usually invade those CS. Still the random stuff at start I suppose.

So basically, I was playing a game where all I could do was waiting for axis to beat up my units and finish france who did not seem to care about any other thing than building hospital in their cities. I did not produce any ships or planes during this game.
Maybe I could have eliminated some but I was using them to break up all new germany ships and to battle italy warships to the south.
I'll have to test a new game with UK, but has said above, my strategy would be to take Libya and eliminate Italy from North Africa, then try to conquer Italy itself, while defending Paris else I may have trouble defending U.K. during See Lowe, which will give too much time for Germany to produce units on the continent.

I ve also found some bugs/problems

1- When the player declare war on a city-state, the game will often put the peace back the next turn. So it s annoying to declare war every turn when you just want to capture a city-state. Maybe you should control only the peace declaration with major civ and let the city-state peace to player control since anyway it s never hard to peace them.
that's when you're teamed with another major civ, it's not the "game" but france that is signing peace in your name. should not be that way, I agree, still need to code that part (when you declare war to a CS, it should automatically ally itself with one nation of the other block, thus preventing peace)

2- It always hard to evaluation if a city will fall next turn. You dont have any way of having a city strength number. Is that doable to show the remaining city strength when hoovering mouse over it or in city screen or some other way?
There is still city health and city strength on screen, I didn't remove that part of the UI, so I don't really understand your question here :)

3- I ve notice that a foreigh legion unit(french unit) could attack an win the final fight for a city be the script that capture the city didnt worked. So it shows all the visual effet of a city capture with the text and all and the unit that enter the city but the city still remains to the other "player" but with a city strength of 0 or 1.
Special Forces won't be able to capture cities. And French Legion will be back as normal infantry (with specific bonuses) in next version, it was a test unit until then.

4- I ve had problem with your suicidal script. When there is a howitzer under the suiciding unit, the attack of the howitzer is not cancelled. So you ll probly have to stop the attack before it happen to solve the suicidal attack bug.
Yep, there is a few things to correct for first strike attack (like checking that the corresponding attack can happen before launching the counter attack or first strike attack)

5- Also, for some reason, often troops cannot attack inside cities.
from inside ? can't attack when stacked.

6- Are you sure hospital work as intended? I hav nt seen any real difference when I left troops inside a city with the hospital building. Is the value high enough or maybe do it only work on the single unit fortifying the city?
Sure. they do not heal units directly, they provide personnel in the reinforcement pool based on the damage of all your units with a supply line.

7- The germany troops with blitzkreg skills never use the skill so they re like basic units. Maybe you should also think about capping the number of attacks to 2 or maximum 3. Because having 5 attacks with some tanks which are well positionned is somehow too OP.
OP because of the other promotions, they'll be reduced at some point (the open terrain one mainly is OP), but the cost on your materiel reinforcement is pretty heavy when you use your tanks that way.

Playing france is entertaining. Probly a little less then the conquering germany but still.
I think they have enough military power to resist relatively easily germany as they are. Maybe even too much power. I succeeded from the start to repel the invasion.
And was able to expand on their territory relatively fast by eating up italy.
As for the Maginot line, I'll put the Siegfried Line against human player.

Yope,

Yes uk has supply unit issues but can be overcome. An idea that I've had success is to immediately send the 4 starting uk units to Egypt in preparation for war with Italy. Whilst at same time start getting maltida ii, field guns and infantry building in uk - it takes a while.

Use navy to destroy German navy. Then when France falls get navy to the channel especially the subs also ensure to have sizable navy in the med by June 1940. When war starts with Italy u should be good to take Libya which helps greatly with unit supply. Then get sicily, Rhodes and corsica.In parallel, sink German transports in the channel when the launch sea lion operation. Also after starting German and italian navy is destroyed then u can get rid of some units. The dreadnoughts are not good so when they get to red damage, I disband. Only keep dido class, 2-3 destroyers and maybe 2 battleships. Obviously split evenly between the channel and med as required. U will lose ships in channel to planes but it helps with unit supply. :)

Good luck

Europe 39-45 map
Turn 72: July 1, 1941

I've just declared war on the Soviet Union, and for some reason the city of Minsk, which is landlocked, has a Soviet Gnevny class destroyer in it.

I had a thought about the convoy bug. Would it be repairable if the convoy could simply unload in a hex that is adjacent to a city?

they already do that, but they still target the city itself, could be a good idea to have them target a close plot, nothing to lose here, I'll test that.

but that would not be a permanent fix, as if the bug do come from path-finding over city, you'll still got it on cities that are in the path. (preventing to path through cities can lead to other bugs, and may be more complicated for me than fixing the bug itself)

i remember many versions ago there was a 'increased ability for enemy air power' minimod, (this was like 6-8 months ago) that made the enemy use its air force more wisely. maybe this has already been incorporated into the basic vanilla mod.

My question is this; i remember that 'disabling single player attack animation' completed disabled the effect of this minimod, and i'm wondering if disabling attack animation still has a detrimental effect to some aspect of the mod (because its a good chunk of time over the course of 100+ turns you gain by disabling attack animation and enemy moves)

On some scenario, the "better AI" option is hidden and ON by default.

Since the DLL is used in the mod, the quick combat, quick move and strategic view can be used without bad repercussions on the mod features, including better AI for fighter. (but the strategic view is still broken on the graphical side)

I am playing the current version of the mod on the 1942 full earth mod but the game crashes when it is changing turns to Germany after my second turn. I gave the Russians more units which got me through turn one (before it would crash there). I was merely wondering if one of them was supposed to accomplish something and by adding units I disrupted that. I tried playing as both the Italians and the Japanese and I ran into the same error/crash.
Thanks for the mod,

Hi Gedemon,

It may be of little use to you as I don't appear to have logging turned on, but playing as USSR in the 39-45 map I ended up conquering Belgium rather than liberating it.

I'm liberating france and it liberated the Netherlands (although tiles were mine until Amsterdam fell then reverted which is correct behaviour I think), but once Brussels fell none of the belgian tiles reverted nor the city itself which I'm now occupying (by accident!)

Not sure if you've seen that happen before?

I'm not sure if this has come up yet or not, but all of a sudden, any units that are retreating are moving two hexes, not one, and they are moving in strange patterns. I hit an infantry with my panzer, and it moved twice in a patern that ended up encircling me, and I lost the rest of my movement because of it.

The game is still crashing, and it always hapens when a Panzer attacks a russian unit or something like that, as I looked in the Lua log.

I'm not sure if this has come up yet or not, but all of a sudden, any units that are retreating are moving two hexes, not one, and they are moving in strange patterns. I hit an infantry with my panzer, and it moved twice in a patern that ended up encircling me, and I lost the rest of my movement because of it.

Alternatively, at some points in the game, I will attack a unit, it will take damage, and it will attempt to retreat to a viable hex. A -1 damage will appear in the empty hex that it should escape to, and it will then not retreat.

As I type this, I'm wondering if this is meant to simulate the political situation in the Soviet Union at the time, as I think these two effects only occur with Soviet units. The excessive movement when retreating could by symbolic of how some russian units were routed, and the damage that units take that prevents them from retreating could symbolise the NKVD shooting defeatists and intimidating the surviving soldiers into remaining at the front.

Hi,
Playing Europe 1939 large map as Germany, the game crashes to desktop during the UK moves at turn 52. Not sure if this is related to the convoy bug, but I have attached a Lua log.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    5 KB · Views: 121
Sorry, here's the Lua pertaining to the crash

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    76 KB · Views: 57
Sorry, here's the Lua pertaining to the crash

could you explain to me how you submit this? i have a few savedgames that always crash upon loading and want to submit this to help gedemon improve the game etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom