• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Onan's multisession G&K, Alternate Reality Game (8pm in Auckland, GMT +13)

Great, what about Persian vid?:p

Haha i have everything recorded so far but you gonna pay a lot of (real)money to see it before we end the game :lol:

Babylon vid is on end of page 9.

Maybe better to pay for (joking) someone to build Oracle and take CI with the free GE, and completely messed up Persian plan to invade the world with 3-move artilleries.

watched a bit and really think u d be better off if u d fix tiles, otherwise microing is kinda impossible and if u start making a habbit out of it is not much additional work, saw u for example use a 2 prod 2 gold tile instead a 3 food 2 prod one which was clearly worse with excess happyness.

And for some reason u cleared a barb camp without a quest for it and having no real other taks for the units, u might at least farm xp there and hope for a quest to come

And is there a good reason not to pledge to protect every CS out there?

sry dont wana criticise - this things just poped into my mind, havent watch everything

watched a bit and really think u d be better off if u d fix tiles, otherwise microing is kinda impossible and if u start making a habbit out of it is not much additional work, saw u for example use a 2 prod 2 gold tile instead a 3 food 2 prod one which was clearly worse with excess happyness.

And for some reason u cleared a barb camp without a quest for it and having no real other taks for the units, u might at least farm xp there and hope for a quest to come

And is there a good reason not to pledge to protect every CS out there?

sry dont wana criticise - this things just poped into my mind, havent watch everything

I microed in the beginning like usual. I usually continue to micro later but yeah i just didn't do it this time not well concentrated on the game with all other stuff but more how we can at least run this one properly. We were in ''memory recovering'' mode too :) I rewatched vid. The advisor put a citizen in a 1food/2hammer/2faith tile instead of 3f/2h and didn't change it.

In the Persian game i microed every single moves(from my knowledge).

9 pages to have game like this - really?

Yes, that's what it takes, players with patience and commitment. It's our first time trying with eight players, some difficulties are to be expected. So far, everyone in the game has reacted with grace and persistence.

It's fine if you want to comment tommy, but telling other players that their preferred style of play is inferior to yours, for them, is rude, arrogant, and unwelcome.

It's fine if you want to comment tommy, but telling other players that their preferred style of play is inferior to yours, for them, is rude, arrogant, and unwelcome.

dont wana be rude here, but maybe less fuz about seting up a game and more playing d help? I mean even u talk about PLAY not talk.

Also it might be a good general advice in the mp forum to set up games which good chances to work as otherwise people will get frustrated and quit civ5 mp at all - and nobody wants that?

Science rate of Babylon...since Spain didn't discover writing yet on that turn the average is probably lower than it should. But still, the gap is huge!

The 2nd attempt will work for sure. I have complete faith. The 1st is just caught by the patch.

With turn timer, I have no time thinking or micro, sometime still clicking near the end of the turn timer, which may cause the sync problems.

Waiting for others to end turn also allows me to see statistics and think for a while. later when someone is aggressive, it may allow more time to play the diplomacy part. overall it's better to player without timer.

I completely agree with EEE. I will cut some parts when uploading the game. There will be several turns where i will wait for others to complete their turn. Like i did for other FFA EPIC GAMES in the past.

Science rate of Babylon...since Spain didn't discover writing yet on that turn the average is probably lower than it should. But still, the gap is huge!

Can't see your spt, but Franch science has been in 2nd place for a while, somewhere only 1% closer.

1 more city to settle.

dont wana be rude here, but maybe less fuz about seting up a game and more playing d help? I mean even u talk about PLAY not talk.

Also it might be a good general advice in the mp forum to set up games which good chances to work as otherwise people will get frustrated and quit civ5 mp at all - and nobody wants that?

If you were familiar with the whole series, and all the games we have finished, you wouldn't be speaking from such ignorance. I think the only one you've been a part of though, was the one we had to scrap cause you didn't turn up for the second session. Well done!

We are doing this here, and it suits these players, or they wouldn't be here. If you can do something better, even just for you and other players in your time zone, I encourage you to do that. Good luck!

I gonna ask merle (16 year old) what he think about your gameplay ! Mouhahahha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::goodjob:

Merle, while young, is a great player, as well as a class act. If he could play at this time, he already knows he's more than welcome to join us. I'm also confident he could teach tommy a thing or two about good manners, and I look forward to his input.

Whoops, I just realised Kiffe's comment was directed at tommy, not Tab's play. Edited slightly, sorry Kiffe!

Back on topic, which is the current game, not the one we had to scrap due to the patched patch.

Merle, while young, is a great player, as well as a class act. If he could play at this time, he already knows he's more than welcome to join us. I'm also confident he could teach tommy a thing or two about good manners, and I look forward to his input.

Whoops, I just realised Kiffe's comment was directed at tommy, not Tab's play. Edited slightly, sorry Kiffe!

Back on topic, which is the current game, not the one we had to scrap due to the patched patch.

No problem Onan! It was just few words to remind to our friend Tommynt that's he should be modest and that there is always someone better than you somewhere... And his name is Merle :lol:.

should be modest and that there is always someone better than you somewhere...

Just curiously checked the current ranking at this discussion, who is djMax?

Anyway, back to topic of this game:

I found the 2nd attempt still place me near Onan, Foffaren and Nouco, similar as the first one, coincidence or fate?:rolleyes:

Dj's another solid 'ladder' player who's been around for some time, though I don't think we played too many games together. He just invited me to play the other day, but I just can't give civ that kind of time these days nor do I enjoy so much that highly competitive, narrowly focused style. ...lest things degenerate into a rank discussion, there are lots of issues with the system there, which stats are meaningful, especially with limited numbers of games, etc. You only have to look as far as the fact that I'm still ranked 25th after not playing a game in over six months, and that two 0-1 players are ranked above that, to see there are issues. I'm not knocking the ladder, it's just the lamentable state of things with Civ 5. And yes, NQ may have filled that gap somewhat, not sure, I don't play those games either, they last even longer. A couple hours per week is all I can manage.

Topic topic topic: interesting observation about civ placement. I'm glad we have that mountain barrier between us...yep, I did try to steal 'your' barb camp and CS quest, but that was because you were operating on 'my' side of the mountains, I thought it was mine to take when ready, which of course was silly of me.

I wish we'd remembered to turn the VC off, I was looking forward to how that turned out. Next time. Was also looking forward to projecting some naval power to the other continent with 7-8 move SoL's, doing some Oob style piracy. I hope my tiny Arab empire amounts to more than being a bit player in this new world, especially in Spain's huge shadow!

Also interesting to note Rome's apparent military focus. I guess lots of gold, legions and ballistae will focus one in that direction. We Arabs hope to be commercial leaders...I better go read Tab's thread about them! Edit: not Tab's thread! Edit 2: interesting read, but not so relevant to MP.

Did England in the OLD world has another deposite of 6 irons? Scary!

The Spain in the new world will respect other empires' border. The 4th city will be planted 4 tile away from our capital to create a buffer on our side of the mountain. Other fringe cities we will negotiate with leaders involved, but our main focus will be growing the big 4 cities that are on river side and on good defensive spots.

I don't remember having discovered it, but I had a lot of hills.

No problem Onan! It was just few words to remind to our friend Tommynt that's he should be modest and that there is always someone better than you somewhere... And his name is Merle .

Holy some people are so dumb, makes one really wonder if there is a god creating such creatures. Dont think this thread is AT ALL about my skills or Onan skills or anyones skills.

I just wanted give Onan the little hint that he might set up games which better chances to work.
I also personally dont like the spaming in this thread - 10 pages for - what exactly? Set up 1! game? But maybe thats not my beer, and I understand that.
Still it d be nice if other threads d have a chance to climb to top in this forum.

Btw I dont think there is a single player out there who won more games vs me as I vs him and I enjoy playing the best like merle and djmax winning or loosing. They are also both great persons, sadly civ5 community lacks more of their kind.

Moderator Action: tommy [pissed] :shake:!

Top Bottom