Onan's Naval GMR game (G&K)

Pop 2 city with harbour and lighthouse surviving!

I didn't destroy that lighthouse? I couldn't delete the harbor for obvious reason...

I didn't destroy that lighthouse? I couldn't delete the harbor for obvious reason...

Apparently not :)

Maybe it counts your building when deleted, but when I get it back, it uses the buildings that I had in calculation? Could be a bug.

Rotterdam on the east coast will fall to the evil hand very soon. A fleet of 6 frigates and 2 privateers shows there, which must be from the CS bullying cash. Now the Dutch cities are taken damage, we will not have the production capability to fight back. Our western fleet will make a final push into the first Carthage iron city and that will be pretty much the last resistance from the Dutch side.

Polynesia is begging our allies to come to the aid of our dutch friends.
We are finally ready to fight back the hordes of Carthage. Hopefully we will be able to hold the eastern flank.

I lost some turns when trying to salvage the situation when I joined but hopefully it will work now.

The alliance welcomes the Polynesian engagement with the Carthaginians! All of us must do our part if any of us are to survive!

Revolts in Denmark cities are falling and they will all working for me very soon. 2 of them have officially joined the empire, raising our gpt to over 140 now and will probably raise to over 160 in some turns. Also these make more spots to rush buy units :)

I'm trying to catch another 6 iron tile from that byzantine city. Dutch is purchasing me but i have a little surprise for him.

Meanwhile, we are paying attention to the larger forces of frigates that might appear from Polynesia. Fortunately, more privateers are joining the fight. With over 25 ships to move, these turns are incredibly long to play :crazyeye:

25 ships? Oh dear, I hope the resistance is not futile.

The free harbours should really be restricted to the first 4 cities only.

3 privateers are attacking the city of istanbul (not the capital), The ottomans will try to destroy them (or as much as possible) but we don't know if we'll be able to keep the city.

The free harbours should really be restricted to the first 4 cities only.

I completely agree. So insane with Macchu Pichu.

And Collossus. Basically every money wonder is in the bag, for that part, Tab deserves the win :goodjob:

I think in water map, two technologies are super important: Iron working and Navigation.

Iron working also unlocks Collossus, which is so huge for the upgrade.

I think a survival benchmark to check is 12 galleases, 12 irons, 1000 gold accumulated by the time of unlocking Navigation. There is no time to deviate from this route to Navigation. Except maybe some variation for Polynesia and Byzantium.

Even then, how much of a difference would this have made in this game? You only built 5-6 cities yourself, so limiting it to the first four cities would only have dampened your trade and harbour production by around 20-34%. Do you think it would've made a critical difference, is it the captured city trade route income that's really putting you over the top?

If the map has some landmass, Songhai could be a good addition to naval civs, similar to Demark, the embark bonus requires landmass. chivalry or steel is easier to get than navigation, which opens a window of opportunities for these two civs before navy dominates the battlefield.

Even then, how much of a difference would this have made in this game? You only built 5-6 cities yourself, so limiting it to the first four cities would only have dampened your trade and harbour production by around 20-34%. Do you think it would've made a critical difference, is it the captured city trade route income that's really putting you over the top?

I would say Collossus and the early harbour made the initial navigation timing rush unstoppable. The later captured free harbours and Macchu Pichu make sure even vs. the whole world navy after that is not a problem at all! As he can afford the war of attrition - just buy a few ships and he is back to good again.

Do you think it would've made a critical difference, is it the captured city trade route income that's really putting you over the top?

Without free harbors, i would be stuck around 80-90 gpt right now instead of 160+. It's a combination of Colossus, Machu and the UA that makes this game pretty op. Add massive cs bullying and huge capital and you are golden. I'm still in positive happiness without any trades.

Without Machu and Colossus i wonder how much gpt i would have right now. Probably around 100. Without UA too it would be below 50 or even worse(add road maintenance).

Managed to sink one privateer (but not capture it :mad:) and I can see three others privateers trying to heal. Continue to press forward?

Another carthaginian privateer has decorated the bottom of the ocean SW of Kaupang! Small victories, but you always have to start somewhere. A word to our fellow resisters: the aftermath of Varna's conquest looks like Carthage is using a caravel to take the city after bombardment, stray caravels may make ripe targets.

Sounds like the Carthaginian Empire is quickly becoming multicultural, soon to include all races! :p

Top Bottom