Onan's Naval GMR game (G&K)

Danish cities can wait, Ribe and Gades are priorities. If one is lost to the alliance, chances are better for the alliance.

victory is nigh east of antwerp ... two privateers captured with the help of (originally) dutch vessels, one frigate sunk ... the visible Carthaginian rearguard is down to a caravel and a frigate with Gadm, we will pursue.

all byzantine prayers are for the polynesians, facing the brunt of Carthaginian savagery in these dark days ... hold strong!

What's the state of the Dutch?

I'm in danger for the first time of the game. Ribe is getting more pressure from England and only 1 frigate survived from byzantines near there. I'm trying to rescue him but i think it's too late. Byzantines will surely join England to the ''destroy that iron tile'' mission and if they succeed i will lose half of my iron stack. Fortunately, most of my ships are privateers. If i have to suicide some frigates i will do it and it will be approx 2-3 of them only.

What is the most complicated for me is to calculate the perfect ''balance'' between ships from the east side and the west side of my capital :think:

I'm ready to lose Ribe(not without some ferocious harrasment to slow down their war machine) in a couple of turns and do more damage to the east to Polynesians and maybe catch some iron elsewhere.

So.. Many... Ships! :twitch::run:

What's the state of the Dutch?

There is a reason to use chain of command in real world, Dutch navy has joined Byzantine fleet.

Unfortunately the western group is facing heavy reaistance, so we have to withdraw and regroup under Polynesia's command with new reinforcement from Dutch shipyards.

Rotterdam will be razed next turn, but the recaptured city is growing fast.

victory is nigh east of antwerp ... two privateers captured with the help of (originally) dutch vessels, one frigate sunk ... the visible Carthaginian rearguard is down to a caravel and a frigate with Gadm, we will pursue.

Congratulations to Byzantine and his fleet! This is the first triumph we have had since so many years! I don't know how many ships we have in total now, but it can mount a real threat to Carthager.:goodjob:

The scary Carthage fleet may have been pulled away from Gades, leaving several injured ships healing near Gades.

The assault in Ribe maybe in trouble, retreat and regroup with Byzantine fleet if desired. Be careful not to lose ships to Carthage privateers. God bless the alliance!

If Ribe is recaptured, feel free to keep it in alliance hands, if this helps. Although I suppose if I was resurrected there, my palace would be there, for a little production boost, and control of production. Up to you guys.

That's a big IF, or it will probably be razed. Post-war issues are not on the table yet, still a long way to go.

Indeed, the english navy will try to liberate Ribe, but we might raze it if the situation is not in our favor.

I'm just bringing it up because the player taking it may have the option to liberate in that moment, and only that moment. I'm not sure how it works, but I'm guessing you can't decide to liberate a city sometime after you've captured it.

I have no idea.

Since the new patch, any and all city can be liberated, even from a still active player. If Tabarnak take my city of canterbury, EEE can come and liberate it.

Its pretty awesome :)

Since the new patch, any and all city can be liberated, even from a still active player. If Tabarnak take my city of canterbury, EEE can come and liberate it.

Its pretty awesome :)

Liberate with active player? I didn't know that was possible. Are you saying just give the recaptured city back to earn diplomatic bonus with AI?

PS: What a joke you just said:lol:, EEE is out of the picture now, so whatever this game turns out to be, the Dutch has no influence but supporting the alliance until the last bit of our resources is taken away.

I think the reason why Carthage (Tab) first destroyed civs ruled by Onan and EEE_boy is that he regards these players as the most capable of preventing Carthage's victory in this game :crazyeye:

I think the reason why Carthage (Tab) first destroyed civs ruled by Onan and EEE_boy is that he regards these players as the most capable of preventing Carthage's victory in this game :crazyeye:

True, but Onan's 6 iron tile offered on a silver tray and the fact that EEE reached Navigation right after me have both tilted me. It was logical to go that way first.

If they were reacting independently, i would had crush everyone. But they are acting like a big and one civ. Only difference is the Navigation tech discovery rate from a civ to another. Only Ottomans haven't researched Navigation.

I wonder if i can hold everyone with a single 6 iron tile. Maybe that i should get Steam power after all. These 50 :c5strength: and fast ships can let me win later. I think they don't need any ressources and they can be upgraded from caravels which are pretty cheap at this point.

Still 25ish boats are alive and 20+ have been destroyed :crazyeye:. There is approx 1.5 ship that appear every turn and they are actually killing the same rate since a dozen of turns. During that period, they have almost all reached Navigation, resulting into a massive boost of their armada. When the hurricane will pass i will try to reduce their strength little by little and don't get caugh with a defenseless capital.

Top Bottom