OPEN Babylonian SG

Thanks for the best wishes; I hope your Easter is enjoyable as well :) Test went good (or at least as well as can be expected); there is exciting news this time around also for the Babylonians :)

0) On the computer's turn after I downloaded the file but before my first turn, a swordsman near Tatung was brutally murdered.

1) 860 AD - Eridu produces Swordsman (another started); Shanghai taken without any loss of life! Macao taken by Chinese :( Shantung produces Swordsman (starts another)

2) 870 AD - Army victorious when fighting Beijing! Swordsman defeats archer near Beijing; Resistance at Shanghai ended!

3) 880 AD - Lost a Swordsman when attacking Beijing

4) 890 AD - Tatung taken over by Swordsman!

5) 900 AD - Two knights rushed to head to Beijing to help with the war.

6) 910 AD - Chinese seen moving more troops to Beijing. We have them scared!

7) 920 AD - First knight victorious in battle at Beijing!

8) 930 AD - Traded Indians TM for TM + 7 gold. Uruk built Aqueduct (per request, no FP there)

9) 940 AD - Traded Joan 6 GP per turn for Spices (we give Spices)--might as well put them to use for us. Ur produced Aqueduct; started on Marketplace.

10) 950 AD - More fighting in Beijing.

11) 960 AD - Knight hurried in Ashur (started Marketplace). The people also admired us!

12) 970 AD - Ellipi produced Courthouse, started on Library.

13) 980 AD - French request TM for TM + 5. Accepted. Other 3 civs are: Germans, Egyptians, Persians (we ended up with a ton of militaristic civs!) Traded contact with Persians for WM + 80. We love the King day in Canton! Tientsin produces Temple; starts on Swordsman.

14) 990 AD - We traded with Persians. Astronomy, Engineering for: Wines, Spices, Gems, WM, 80 Gold, 10 GPT. Expensive, but we needed a couple of good techs badly! Research began on Invention.

15) 1000 AD - Still launching attacks on Beijing. French complete Sistine Chapel (grrrrr....are they our next target?)

16) 1010 AD - Traded Japan Spices for 2 contacts; we can reach everyone now! Tried to get us Invention (Leonardo's Workshop), but couldn't strike a deal. I changed production to Suz Tzu's Art of War (4 turns).

17) 1020 AD - More Beijing fighting; trying to keep their defenses low! I noticed apparent pop. rushing in cities other than Beijing and troops heading up there for protection; all this fighting up there will make the others VERY weak :)

18) 1030 AD - Temple in Tatung complete! (Began on Swordsman)

19) 1040 AD - Sun Tzu's Art of War completed in Babylon! (Began work on Aqueduct)

This triggered our Golden Age!

Canton produced a Knight (started on another)

1050 AD - Nankung, Tientein went into Civil Disorder :( Beijing finally fell after a killer punch from a Capapult, 2 Knights, a Swordsman (separate from the army), and 3 Swordsmen in the army! There are three resistors; more troops need to be garrisoned in there (the Army is currently there)

One thing I just realized I did NOT do is start the FP in Beijing. No turns have passed yet with Beijing in our control anyway.

Good luck!

Sam

Preturn -
Switch Eridu to library - This town is an high risk for a flip, I want to add more culture.
Switch Tientsin to Temple, not worth wasting limited production here on military.
Trading
Wines to France for Ivory and $1/turn.
Spices to Egypt for Music Theory and $5 - they are now polite.
We are still behind in techs.
Ur can build a library in 3 turns, I have got to take it.

1060 AD - Tsingato and Xinjian fall. Peace with China - get 3 cities, $2 (his whole treasury), and wm.
1070 AD - We are broke again, but I want the wines by Xinjian inside our borders quickly.
1100 AD - Pop the good hut by Macao - 50 bucks, I'll take it.
1110 AD - Start research on Gunpowder - We are still behind in techs, so I don't think we have a chance for Economics.
1120 AD - 2 new luxuries connected - what can we get?
Wines and $125 to Japan for Navigation.
Can't even trade the spices.
We are really screwed here- Persia starts Smith's, and we don't even have banking.
1130 AD - Bach's completed by Marseilles.
1140 AD - Shanghai starts the FP - 44 turns for now, but more when the GA ends. We really need it.
1150 AD - Copernicus's is built.
1160 AD - Palace expansion.
1170 AD - German is gone.
We are royally screwed - I feared Eridu was in a danger zone, and it flips to France - we have no connected iron. 5 turns for our Chinesse iron to connect.
1180 AD - Our elite swordsman attacks Chinan - just takes the city :(
However, China is dead - no flip dangers back to China.
More annoying, our only potential SaltPeter is in Izumo.
The palace expands again.
1200 AD - Japan gets Smith's.
1210 AD - Begin banking research.
1220 AD - Iron connect, start building pikeman again. We still have unprotected cities.
1230 AD - Akkad is formed - main goal - culture flip Izumo - I hope we don't have to go to war.
1240 AD - Golden age is over.
1250 AD - Final trading check -
Expensive, but Wines, Spice, $145 to Egypt for Chemistry - we can't afford to start behind in tech.
Wines, Spices, $35 to Persia for Metallurgy.

Summary - We are still behind in tech. Banking in 2 turns, but I know we still need at least Economics and Military Tradition.
FP due in 36 turns, so we should will have a big boast turn - CRITICAL - keep the wltkd, luxuries must stay 10%.
We are third in score - Persia is hugh.
The good news is France as a neighbor - then tend to be passie.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/BSG-1250AD.zip

ButSam - A request, could you put this in the first post.
I look there to see when I am up, but here I have to search for it.
1) ButSam
2) LKendter
3) aneeshm
4) Rowain deWolf
5) hotrod0823

Since there were board problems for the last day (approximately), Rowain will have 24 hours from NOW to say he/she will be playing.

LKendter, I will put that in the first post right away--I'm not completely clear on what you mean though, so if I leave something out and you want the first post further edited, just let me know.

Sam

PS: I think it just dawned on me--I have been murdering your nickname; I'm VERY sorry!!!

Summary
1 .Canton finishes Marketplace .Switched to Cathedral .
2 .Got Ivory from france for Wines & 60 gold .
3 .Babylon switched to University , Ashur to courthouse .
4 .Beijing switched to Cathedral .
5 .Nineveh starts Leo's
6 .Hangchow starts harbor
7 .Ur Finishes Knight , switched to bank .
8 .Macao witched to bank .
9 .
10.Shantung switched to courthouse .
11.Babylon Switched to Bank .
12.Got economics & military tradition fow world map & 120 gold .Switch Canton to Pikeman .
13.Switch Tatung to courthouse .
14.Elippi switched to aqueduct .
16.Canton Switched to bank .
17.Beiging Switch to marketplace .
19.Babylon Switch to bank.Switch Akkad to Library .

The years from 1355 to 1455

1355 (IT): Dialed up X-man He offers Incense/Furs and 14 gpt for Wine and Spice; Physik and Free Ats for WM& 70 gold;
Ellipi switched to Settler;

1365: samarra founded on the Iron-Colony

1370: WM & 80 gold for Magnetism to Indians;

1380: ToG from Japan for WM & 80 gold we learn Nationalism and start Steam Power; Dyes and 1gpt from Japan for Wine and Spice
Ur starts Newton;

1390: Macao starts Harbor

1395: Iron gets exhausted and newly discovered :crazyeye:
Samarra fin Temple starts Lib;

1405: 15 gpt from France for Wines

1410: Palace gets expanded :D

1420: Palace gets expanded again :D

1425: FP is finished Market started

1440: Steam discovered; We have no Coal :( Persia alot ; He sells for 168gold and 30 gpt;

French and Pesia are building UnivSuffrage;

Started some RR;

For the Coal we following possibilitys we can trade always with X-Man and his horrend Prices; we can hope that Samarra flips back Eridu and some how Eridu manages to get the Coal (very unlikly); or we can war against Egypt and try to get Edfu; Under Edfu lies a Coal;

X-Man is so economical strog that he discovers new Techs tremendous fast. In 1385 we learned Natianalism and were the first who discovered it by now we are again 2 techs behind. Perhaps it is better to switch Science off build a fortune and buy the techs. Any Comments?

Good Luck hotrod :)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/BSG-1455AD.zip

1460: Babylon, Colloseum built begin Riflemen, Xanjian built Cathedral began settler(thinking about going to only open area on the map below Persians) not sure if this is a smart move or not?, Nanking builds Cath., begin aque., Tatung built university - begin Rifleman.

1465: Continue Railroad construction - no one interested in trading tech or resources - no salt peter available and no one wants to trade

1470: More railroad

1475: Shainghi built market place begin galleon, Uruk builds catherdral begin library, Japan's city now at five but will not flip - improve Palace :king:

1480: Persia completes Neuton's - Ur was 7 away change to Military academy. (Not sure if I should've changed research to industrialization to get Sufferage as another option)

1485: Discovered Electricity - begin on replaceable parts

1490: zzzzzz

1495: Tatung - begins wall street

1500: Rails, rails and more rails

1505: Upgrade a few pikeman to riflemen

1510: Trade electricity to India for Industrialization & World Map

1515: New trade for Dyes: Spice, Wine, World Map - Stick with MA in Ur - almost all the other Civs have already started Sufferage??

1520: Ur completes Military Academy and begins factory

1520-1530: As Cities finish improvements change to riflemen - most cities at the start of my 20 turns were only protected by a lone pikeman

1535: Replaceable parts, we have 1 rubber currently and another in the Middle of the former China, Corrpuration in 5 turns. Continue to operate with a modest income of +35 gold

1540: Founded Lagash on Persian continent - France already has 3 cities in the same location - disband the galleon and caraval for the shields

1545: The coal price just went up - sort of was 28gpt now is a mere 21gpt with a one time price of 260 gold - mistake?? maybe we need all the gold we can get to upgrade pikemen to infantry

1550: Rush temple in Lagash for 12 gold, maybe the others cities will flip. This I am sure is a long shot.

1555: Get Corporation

Basically no major changes. Still way behind in tech and no ones trading! Begining to agree the best way maybe to just buy our tech. As improvements completed built some riflemen for defence and started to move toward factories. We still have some forces left over from the battles with China. Are we looking for war? Who is the next target? Eygpt is almost whipped out by Persia, India is the weakest but France is close by and that saltpeter is right in plain sight? Also, not sure how to do it but the next key wonder I think is the Hoover Dam and I am pretty sure no civ is ready to start it yet. I don't know what they will switch to when Persia undoubtedly finished sufferage??

Sam it's up to you now!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/BSG_1560

It's good we have at least some rubber :)

Ain't Saltpeter useless now?

If someone is going for war it should either be France or Egypts town Efdu for the Coal.

But what bother me most is how we should win this game. Probably Diplo is our best bet.

Also i'm sure that X-man is coming after our Continent as soon he finished off the Egypts. God hep us if he is going after us.

Rowain

I think saltpeter is a requirement for cavalry. Personally I think that is one of the best offensive units (before tanks)!!

yes they are a great offensive Unit but against Infantry?

In LK19 i watched 12 Cav die and at least as many down to 1hp against 3(!) inf defending a small size 3 outpost.

Thats why i think them useless now. Hope we will get some oil and be able to muster tanks

Rowain

True against Infantry they aren't as good. If you have them before riflemen or infantry they are pretty powerful. The 2 movement helps. It looks like now the best bet is the tank.

Don't bet on the oil, resources haven't exactly popped up all over the Babylonian empire:lol: !

Hotrod

I tried to download the file but I got a File Not Found error :( Please try uploading it again hotrod; I check again later tonight for the file!

It seems like Diplo is the best choice from what I am reading--unless of course our culture is REALLY good--but I can't see the actual game right now from the file, so I'm just speculating.

We definitely DO need Coal. If we want to go Diplo, we should either trade for Coal or totally kill off a civ (I assume France has coal then?) so they don't remain mad at us. Killing off a civ sounds good for territory, and the bad point about military is that your research hurts at the same time (not true-to-life, but oh well...actually a lot of the best research comes while at war, provided you are winning the war...but I guess they need balance somewhere!) Do we want to war with France or trade? Unless the circumstances have changed a lot since I last played, I don't think we want to fight Egypt--it would be more advantageous to take over the French completely than Egypt completely and we could kiss up to everyone else and make France start the war--if we go for Diplo, we don't want a civ we were previously at war with in the voting process, so if we go to war, we need to kill the civ off completely...besides the whole corruption issue if we are too far from our homeland. How are those (soon-to-be) bloody French doing?

For oil, we could trade...or better yet, does France have oil, and a city near Babylon we can take over to get Oil? :)

Again, this is speculation based on last time I saw the game and what was posted since then...but what do you guys think we should do--war or trade?

Sam

Got it; playing tonight; if I don't finish now, I will by tomorrow afternoon.

Sam

Exciting news for this time around!

I decided after seeing the pitiful state of Egypt that they deserved to die. (There was no coal though.)

My building emphasis was Library/University all over where there wasn't one so we wouldn't be so far behind in Research. Hopefully, we have a solution!!!

1565 - Making Egypt mad, requested Mendes, Edfu, and Busiris for free. Reply: "Much like your skull, your threats are empty. Go away now." They'll pay for that!

Requested WM, 10 gold for continued peace (they didn't like that either!)

To help out with Diplo, and because we had spare luxuries:

India -> free spices
France -> free WM
Japan -> free WM
Persia -> free spices

1575 - Japan trades TM for TM

1595 - French got Universal Suffrage. Troops in Egyptian territory.

1600 - War declared on Egyptians.

1605 - Captured an unguarded Busiris!

1610 - Moving on other Egyptian cities--they look pretty weak!

1615 - Persia beat us to Mendes. Got Steel! Researching Medicine (4 turns) so we can get Sanitation soon.

1620 - The Persians were nice enough to lose a couple of units to weaken Edfu. We took it over!

The Egyptians are destroyed!

1625 - Wall Street built!

1630 - Persians building Theory of Evolution :/ Ur starts on Coal.

1635 - Kish established on Rubber (it was kinda empty there; can only help having a city there)

Ur's Coal rushed for a large sum of 368 gold, but they start on Palace prebuild for Theory of Evolution. This could be our key to catching back up in science--we can't let this one slip away! (If it does, Ur would not be a bad place for the Palace anyway--better than Babylon); Ur was our best shot at it.

1645 - 3 Factories produced!
1650 - Mainland now all connected by Rail!

Persia ended Coal deal.

Scientific Method researched! Started on Refining (4 turns)

Ur switched to Theory of Evolution (11 turns)! *crosses fingers*

Good luck lkendter!

Our stats right now: +29 gpt, 413 gp in Treasury (even after rushing the Coal)!

This Theory of Evolution could turn around our Science woes! Also, a lot of things are now researchable in minimal time--4 turns!

Sam

No coal under Edfu are you shure? :eek:

When i looked durring my turns (with Ctrl+Shift+M) there was Coal under it.

Would be fitting to our Luck if it had just vanished before we conquer it :(

Anyway good turn ButSam

Hope we'll get ToE

Rowain

hmmmm perhaps under--I forgot to look there. Let's hope so :)

Our research output is great now that I've mass-built Libraries and Uni's, and hopefully it will stay that way. Also, hopefully we will have Oil...

Any ideas on what to do with the Persians? They'll never vote for us for Diplo...

Sam

Top Bottom