Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animal totems (wolf, lion, bear etc) do not exclude beast totems (beasts + elephants). Beast totems exculde beast & animal totems.

It was meant as a way of allowing units that got weak totem at start a better one later. But it probably should remove the animal totem.

Wolf, Polar Bear, Griffon and Tiger totem all at once are bit much and I thought I have fixed it a few patches ago.

Not to worry Ahwaric. It was stupid of me to mention it in the bug thread, since my example was from several patches ago. :blush:

Self-quote, six posts back in this thread:

@PapaMonkey
Colloseum is the carnival (with changed name and graphics, but name for the game it is the same, just as forester's lodge is forest preserve). Chaos marauders should spawn. I need to update the description.

In short build colloseum, build planar gate. Will spawn.

Not sure if this has been posted but I am getting red blobs for some of the unique units in the game. The hero Orthus spawns as a red blob as well as Gargoyles. If I am play vanilla ffh2 these units are fine. I have tried reinstalling several times and still hasn't been fixed.

Okay, I found a bug...if you don't change the directory to Orbis, and the default is Orbis 20, it gives the GFC can't do primary theme error.

I don't know why either.

Oh, great, now I don't have a display at all! AGGGH! you know, when there's no background, no popups, etc. No way to control your units? Help...I have no way of fixing this on my own.
Please help...I can't explain it better than no background, no background graphics at all, essenitally, I've never had this problem..

Either it refuses to work at Orbis 20, or it refuses to have any background...please help.

All other mods work perfectly. Even Fall From Heaven itself.

That is why I stress that you need to change the directory name if the default one is different.

Solution is simple - rename the directory. If it does not help (but it should), reinstall, but this time change the name.

How does one take screenshots anyway?

Anyhow, no effect at all. Still no display. Just the screen/map itself, the settlers, but no ability, no HUD. Nothing at all. WHat the heck is going on here? I've never had this problem at all!
I've been playing mods since Vanilla Civ 4 and I've never seen this happen to me. Only other people.

sigh, something doesn't want me to play this mod.

Let's recap while I'm waiting, stupid lack of patience..., I reinstalled it to Orbis directory, and for some reason, it refuses to now display the HUD, the graphics at all, etc, except for the land, the very map itself, without any mini-map, or any part of the actually graphics themselves showing up...
Ugh, I really want to play this mod!

Hello? Anybody? Anybody at all. I'd really like to know how to play this now. :(
Anybody? Bueler, Bueler? :)
4.6 hours and no reply? Gah.

How does one take screenshots anyway?

Anyhow, no effect at all. Still no display. Just the screen/map itself, the settlers, but no ability, no HUD. Nothing at all. WHat the heck is going on here? I've never had this problem at all!
I've been playing mods since Vanilla Civ 4 and I've never seen this happen to me. Only other people.

sigh, something doesn't want me to play this mod.

Let's recap while I'm waiting, stupid lack of patience..., I reinstalled it to Orbis directory, and for some reason, it refuses to now display the HUD, the graphics at all, etc, except for the land, the very map itself, without any mini-map, or any part of the actually graphics themselves showing up...
Ugh, I really want to play this mod!

Hello? Anybody? Anybody at all. I'd really like to know how to play this now. :(
Anybody? Bueler, Bueler? :)
4.6 hours and no reply? Gah.

the print screen button takes pictures...

You need to follow the instalation order:

BtS at 3.17
FfH 0.40
Ffh 0.40 patch z
Orbis 0.22 d (into BtS/Mods/Orbis folder)
palace fix (manual unpack)

From the symptoms, you have did something wrong during installation. Wrong folder, lacking FfH directory, broken registry keys -this kind of stuff.

And before people start asking, version 0.23 compatibile with FfH 0.41a is scheduled for sunday. The changelog in the first post of this thread
As all deadlines of unfinished product (still fixing it) is a subject to change. I am at working till 8 p.m. this saturday, so I doubt it will be finished sooner - delay is always possible ;)

Sure, just change line 124 in CvPediaCivilization.py
Code:
			if (iDefaultBuilding > -1 and iUniqueBuilding > -1 and iDefaultBuilding != iUniqueBuilding):
to:
Code:
# Orbis change Ahwaric 25.05.2009
			if (iDefaultBuilding > -1 and iUniqueBuilding > -1 and iDefaultBuilding != iUniqueBuilding) or (iUniqueBuilding > -1 and gc.getBuildingClassInfo(iBuilding).isUnique()):
# Orbis end
and line 139
Code:
			if (iDefaultUnit > -1 and iUniqueUnit > -1 and iDefaultUnit != iUniqueUnit):
to
Code:
# Orbis change Ahwaric 25.05.2009
			if (iDefaultUnit > -1 and iUniqueUnit > -1 and iDefaultUnit != iUniqueUnit) or (iUniqueUnit > -1 and gc.getUnitClassInfo(iUnit).isUnique()):
# Orbis end

Edit: The # Orbis lines are not needed for it to work properly, of course ;)
bUnique tag is from FF so it should work for you as is (I think all that needs it is marked as unique already)

I have done everything in the order you have told me, and I still don't have anything normal. :(

I'll have to wait until you release the new version then.

It's definitly not a missing registry key, because this is the only mod it does this with.

Even the Lurchip Palace fix did nothing...

Should I go and reinstall Fall From Heaven from scratch, and then redo the installation that way?

Hey, sorry if this has been brought up before (I did a search in this thread but couldn't find anything but I didn't read the complete changelog thread in its entirety) but are catapults supposed to not cause collateral damage?

Because it says in the civilopedia that they do (although it says that for archers too which seemed a bit weird to me) and a replacement such as the trebuchet for Mechanos does cause it.

Hi

I'm playing Erebus maps and I get a python exception warning when I create a map, and crashes when using hawks. Those two might be related.

I'm pretty sure I installed everything right. FF2 0.40 then patch to z and install Orbis.

I attached a screenshot of the map creation warning. And a save file where a hawk will crash the game, just recon on the mountains to the left.

Sorry if there's already a report of this bug. I didn't find it in the changelog post.

I just started playing Orbis and it seems like a lot of fun. The sheer quantity of ressources and land improvements and the more detailed tech tree are a lot of fun.

Edit: I tried entering world builder to try and see what might be causing the bug... I get a crash to desktop too.

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 61
  • [default] Turn_0145.CivBeyondSwordSave
    131 KB · Views: 67
Are catapults supposed to not cause collateral damage?
Because it says in the civilopedia that they do
They do. You may have reached damage limit for cats (20%). 40% damage is transfered to up to 5 units up to damage limit. Trebuchet and ballista have a higher limit

I'm pretty sure I installed everything right. FF2 0.40 then patch to z and install Orbis.
Then check again ;)
You have not applied luirchup palace fix - linked in the first post of the welcome and bug threads. And you are about to scout Luirchup territory...
Not sure about pythin error on map creation...

They do. You may have reached damage limit for cats (20%). 40% damage is transfered to up to 5 units up to damage limit. Trebuchet and ballista have a higher limit...

That isn't the case. The catapults were promoted with barrage and precision but they didn't cause collateral.

This is my catapult:
Spoiler :

And this is the result of ranged attacking the city:
Spoiler :

So the longbowmen didn't have any high drill promotion to reduce collateral damage and the catapult inflicted 6% on only one of them. This is just an example, it happens every time.

Of course it does seem weird that nobody noticed this before, so tell me if I'm doing something wrong(and tell me why archers have "causes collateral damage" in their civilopedia entry).

EDIT: I did a test with the worldbuilder and it seems the ballista does not cause collateral damage either. Cannon, dwarven cannon and siege tank (or whatever it's called) are okay in this respect.

I guess it might come from the low overall damage you are doing to the stack - not much to go collaterall. But I will test it some more.

Anyway, long awaited ;) version 0.23 is avaliable for download (here in bug thread or in the welcome thread).
Remember to install it while having FfH 0.41 patched to a. You need to reinstall - please remove old Orbis folder (uninstall and then manually delete the rst if anything remained).

Good luck and have fun finding bugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom