Orbis Bug Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to check this out. A big thanks once again to all the effort going into this. :D

You have not applied luirchup palace fix - linked in the first post of the welcome and bug threads. And you are about to scout Luirchup territory...
Not sure about pythin error on map creation...

Thanks! I'll make sure to install this.

Really like the new version.

Trying to adjust to the tougher animals as they're running wild on me. The barbarians seem tamer than the animals.

I am getting a repeatable ctd. Basically just end the turn and it crashes.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    164.1 KB · Views: 55
I guess it might come from the low overall damage you are doing to the stack - not much to go collaterall. But I will test it some more.

This was just an example, for the test I did the ballista caused around 50% damage but no collateral. Although I did check CIV4UnitInfos.xml and everything seemed fine to me.

Anyway, long awaited ;) version 0.23 is avaliable for download (here in bug thread or in the welcome thread).
Remember to install it while having FfH 0.41 patched to a. You need to reinstall - please remove old Orbis folder (uninstall and then manually delete the rst if anything remained).

Good luck and have fun finding bugs...

Oh I will trust me. :) And let me take this opportunity to thank you for what you've done with this modmod, it really gave FfH a second life for me(I like it way more than FF, seems a lot more focused) and wish you luck in whatever you're doing next (hint: make the grigori cooler :p).

I am getting a repeatable ctd. Basically just end the turn and it crashes.

Same here. I hope it doesn't mean that Orbis is now the same crash-fest as FF.

I'm personally not a fan of the demon horde imported from FF, mainly because they tend to really screw up AI civs by pillaging everything and pretty much permanently forcing them to remain inside cities. Also, I've opened WB (on the attachd savegame) and it's swarming with wraiths. Such strong units so early in a game is a very bad thing IMHO.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    476.2 KB · Views: 70
I am having problems with barbarian Ira. I am only about 100 turns into the game and I am already facing 15/16 damage units. I have had to start that game over I lost 6 cities in the span of 15 minutes. I think a single Ira completely wiped out my neighbors.

3 games in a row have ended before 150 turns because the the barbarian unit Ira. The unit starts at 8 damage 1 movement and its damage increases for each unit it kills. I had a city full of archers and with each kill he got stronger to the point where he wasn't even taking damage anymore. Needless to say the game is pretty unplayable atm. Hopefully there is a patch soon. The strongest I have seen so far is 21 damage I am not sure if that is the cap.

Heh, I'm 75 turns into my first game with 0.23 and there's a stack of five 11-strength barbarian earth elementals coming for me. I think I'm in trouble!

I knew it was risky, it is quite a big change with barbarian factions. But I really like the options to customize and wanted to add it...

Anyway, I think I know why there are wraiths (and possibly ira). These are upgrading from skeletons. I need to check how to slow it down/disable and it will be fine.
In general, I need to work on demons. And work a lot it seems. No idea where earth elementals are coming from.

No idea on the crashes though, and I get them too. But working on it.

Please post problematic saves people - the more I get, the more twaking I can do.

A lot of the changes are awesome but it does seem a little crashy for now! I'm sure it'll get ironed out. It's definitely cool to see the stuff we were just talking about included so quickly in a mod.

The super strength barbs do seem to be pummeling the AI in my games.

If the stronger animals is here to stay you probably want to consider bumping Orthus up a little. He's supposed to be some sort of badass and he's weaker than the bears running around all over the place.

I think the ira would be fine if they didn't increase damage with each kill. With 8 damage to start they can kill any unit I can put out at that level yet a stack of archers on a city tile should kill it or at least weaken it. I would take water walking off it as well.

Hadn't noticed this one... Did you adapt my code for it, or make your own? :p
Yeah, stolen from you, and forgot to update the changelog. But I have added many "if" requirements - i.e. add if not having better weapons and if can have weapon of this tier by normal means. Not sure how much of it is really needed though.
A lot of the changes are awesome but it does seem a little crashy for now! I'm sure it'll get ironed out. It's definitely cool to see the stuff we were just talking about included so quickly in a mod.
It was a major change, so it causes bugs. In fact, I think it is the largest change from gameplay side in Orbis as far as I remeber. Most of the other were from modded side, so even deep changes have been less visible on your side.
Any other crashes than the ones mentioned before?

If the stronger animals is here to stay you probably want to consider bumping Orthus up a little. He's supposed to be some sort of badass and he's weaker than the bears running around all over the place.

I think the ira would be fine if they didn't increase damage with each kill. With 8 damage to start they can kill any unit I can put out at that level yet a stack of archers on a city tile should kill it or at least weaken it. I would take water walking off it as well.

I think I have identified the source for most of the problems:
1)demons capturing city cause CtD. Both of posted saves have this issue - one is calabim city about to be razed by Sect of Flies, the other is Hippus one captured by Wraith. No idea what is the exact case, but will look for it.
2)skeletons with enough experience can upgrade to spectres, then to wraith and I think then to ira. Need to find where it is controlled (i.e. what is the upgrade path and how much xp is needed)
3)demons get too much xp from armageddon counter - need to divide it by 100
4) too many animals, too many lairs spawned during game

I am working on it, but will have more time when I am back from work. So post anything else you find.

This is weird:

Spoiler :

Also the Angel of Death model just looks like a floating savant (didn't check if this is the same in base FfH so if it is just ignore me).

Well if you keep things like this I won't ask for unit nerfs anymore. :p

At lower difficulties the AI seems to get overwhelmed, but at higher it seems to be able to hold it's own. Charadon is now very powerful, being safe from both barbarians and animals. Mahala could use another trait instead of ingenuity to remain a viable choice (expansive?). "Animal peace" is a pretty good trait. Perhaps you should give these factions a technology nerf to compensate?

Aduars could use boost, especially food, since they represent a pretty major investment in time and effort considering the pillage happy barbarians.

With the increased danger you could perhaps add some more positive events from lair exploration? I don't know what Marnok added recently, but a lucky draw might cancel out having 4 greater werewolves spawn right next to your capital, so to speak.

I got a few crashes connected to loosing cities but you seem to be on top of that bug already.

Alright, I think the barbarian spawn is crazy. I got a stack of five Einherjar before turn 100, and another stack of three greater werewolves before turn 200! And I'm playing on epic, there's no way I have anything to defeat strength 11 monsters.

The animals have also started to ignore borders. Is this intentional? It's really frustrating to build fishing boats when there's several sea serpents just out of sight waiting for the lone boat leave the harbor. Oh, and Griffons. A stack of maybe six Griffons just came out of nowhere and ate the invasion army I had been amassing within my borders.
I've also seen stacks of minotaurs and pit fiends spawn in the wilderness, and I turned demon barbarian off. And the actual animals have fluctuating strength, it's not unusual to find a strength 7 tiger, or strength 10 bear.

I also have the feeling that they're attacking only me and ignoring AI civs, but I'm not too sure.

I'm playing as Mechanos, on standard Erebus map with epic speed.

View attachment Sudden Einherjar.CivBeyondSwordSave
View attachment motha honkin' werewolves.CivBeyondSwordSave
I forgot to save when the Griffons appeared.

1)demons capturing city cause CtD. Both of posted saves have this issue - one is calabim city about to be razed by Sect of Flies, the other is Hippus one captured by Wraith. No idea what is the exact case, but will look for it.

Doubt you need more confirmation but this does appear to be the case with the reproducible crash I had before I went to bed last night; I was getting a crash every time I hit end turn, so I restored back two turns and did something different. On the turn it had been crashing, the Luichurp civilization was eliminated. Why it didn't crash that time I don't know.

4) too many animals, too many lairs spawned during game

This would be my other issue. The place is absolutely swarming with animals, and they're getting really really strong! I mean like LOTS AND LOTS of animals.

I gotta say that the changes to barbs and animals do seem way too much right now.

Hero free XP system seems to be broken. It won't give any free XP. At all. I definitely hope this is not a feature (new to Orbis - checking it out while waiting for FF to officially patch itself up to FfH 2 0.41a).

I second Honor. I was just going to post same comment.

Edit: Seems like I found what is going wrong. Ahwaric imported a fix from FF in which FreeXPPerTurn gain is tied to GameSpeed.GrowthPercent... which could be interesting if m_iFreeXPPerTurn was declared as a float, and it isn't. I guess this is what is messing the whole mechanic. I'm building a DLL to test...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom