Orc Archer (October 1, 2006)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Here's an orc archer (or "arrer boy" as they call themselves) from the warhammer fantasy. Enjoy :)

Even the smallest Orc packs a great deal of bone, muscle, and bloody-mindedness into a body as tall as a man and substantially broader. Orcs vary a great deal in size and appearance, with the biggest individuals in charge of the rest. The pecking order within each tribe is established by constant fighting, so only the meanest and nastiest Orcs get to the very top of the tribal ladder.

Orcs feel almost no pain and care little about discomfort, physical hurt, or even death. They enjoy nothing more than violence and will happily face death in battle just so long as they get a chance to put up a good fight.

Altough it might be so that Orcs tend to prefer close combat and melee fighting over - let's say a game of chess or needlework - but even ranged attacks, they still have some use for arrer boyz. But as in most battles, arrer boyz tend to have a role of pushovers and a comic release, altought they might surprise a careless opponent.

Here are the files:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2913&act=down

Here's a civilopedia preview:

Here are animation previews:

:lol: Just had the craziest idea, I think an Orc would only use a bow and arrow if it had a bayonet on it, some, how,:lol:

I've always loved those arrow attack animations of yours, :thumbsup:

Is he scratching his head with the arrowshaft? ;)

Great job as usual! :thumbsup:

Hmm.... I may end up just giving the Orcs their own defensive unit line in the FF mod (rather than the Ogres they share with the other hideously evil civs)... All I need now is a spear-chukka or something like that for the ancient age...

Great work, Aaglo, and I will be earmarking this one for possible inclusion into the FF mod (along with the Slugga and Big Shoota)

@Hikaro,
I've already made a hobgoblin spear chukka - you could propably use that.
And I've also made a rock lobba too (I don't know if you knew/use that too)...

Dat Down Roight Orky! Or Un Orky, cuz 'e an Arrer Boy. OR.. Moi 'ead 'urts.

Yay! Apparently there is an empty slot in the Orkish ranged-unit lineup in the Lord of the Mods...

...but empty no longer!

Top Bottom