Orion's Inquisition Mod

Alright, sorry to bother you again, but it seems I'm encountering a small problem - I think it's just a simple python thing, hopefully.

Anyhow, I'm trying to remove the AIAutoPlay and the dll. As posted in earlier posts, I have commented out the necessary lines in CvCustomEventManager, and I have also removed the specified python files and the dll.

However, when I do so, the game loads fine - except that there is one issue. I can't see the scoreboard. I double-checked, tripled-checked, quadruple-checked, I started over from scratch not just once but 5 times, but every time I try to follow the previous instructions to remove the dll, I still can't get the scoreboard up, no matter what I try.

I have attached an image just in case you don't know what I mean.

I am safe to assume that this is a very small thing that can easily be solved, right? :confused:

Thanks in advance,

cybrxkhan

P.S. Also, it seems that religions are founded randomly (i.e. I play a normal game, but when I discover Meditation, I could found Islam or Christianity, even though I didn't do custom religions). Is this also due to me removing or incorrectly modifying some parts of the python, or was this a game feature you added? Thanks, again.

Check to make sure you have the correct CvMainInterface.py file. If you are combining the inquisition mod with another mod, this file must be merged very carefully.

If you are playing limited religions, then the AI will select it's favorite or randum religion. So Yes, it is an intuative function built into the game.

Orion Veteran :cool:

Even though I wasn't combining the inquisition mod yet, I think somehow when I was removing either the Malleus Malifarcacum wonder or the AI AutoPlay I must have screwed it up somehow. Regardless, I simply replaced the CvMainInterface.py and added the inquisition code, and it worked. So, thanks. :goodjob:

If you are playing limited religions, then the AI will select it's favorite or randum religion. So Yes, it is an intuative function built into the game.

Alright, so just to make sure, if I turn limited religions off, then I will get Buddhism if I research Meditation, right, and not Islam or Taoism? :)

Alright, so just to make sure, if I turn limited religions off, then I will get Buddhism if I research Meditation, right, and not Islam or Taoism? :)

Yes. If limited Religions is turned off, then the onTechAcquired function will fail to run. Without Limited religions, the game will look for the tech prerequisit religion, as it normally would with the choose religions option disabled.

Check out these files. This should be merged directly to a BUG 4.0 installation, as a separate mod (i.e. not in the CustomAssets folder). Also, you don't need the CustomEventManager if using this method.

I've only been able to run two AutoAi games, without any errors. The basic Inquisition effect also works.

I downloaded the Merged Mod (with BUG) from the same post as this statement was made and I had a couple of questions because it seems a little too easy to me.

First of all, as far as I can tell I simply use all of the associated XML with this mod and then ONLY use this python and it should work with BUG?

Second, I want to remove the Witches Hammer (I don't know how to spell it in latin off-hand) wonder because I am using Tsentom1's Spanish Inquisition project which does essentially the same thing. I think I noticed cybrxkhan had some issues when removing this wonder. How can I remove it completely and with no errors?

That's pretty much it. :goodjob:

EDIT: Oh yeah, if I already have my own custom Event manager, can't I just merge the Inquisition events into that so long as I add the proper eventhandlers without editing my config files?

Damn it, well, I put it in and no religions were founded, ever the whole time. I even discovered the first two religion-popping techs (I play on choose religions) and nothing happened at all. So I figured I put it in wrong. I want to merge this in WITHOUT limited religions, and WITHOUT Malleus Malifecarum. Can anyone help me out with that?

I do have a rudementary knowlege of python, and I already have my own custom events manager and custom game utils file, so as far as I am aware I only have to merge into those files correct?

Damn it, well, I put it in and no religions were founded, ever the whole time. I even discovered the first two religion-popping techs (I play on choose religions) and nothing happened at all. So I figured I put it in wrong. I want to merge this in WITHOUT limited religions, and WITHOUT Malleus Malifecarum. Can anyone help me out with that?

I do have a rudementary knowlege of python, and I already have my own custom events manager and custom game utils file, so as far as I am aware I only have to merge into those files correct?

You might want to start off with Grand Inquisitions and merge your items from there.

Hey, Orion, just a quick question - what is the purpose of the "CIV4UnitSchema.xml"?

I have to thank you for your prompt replies and willingness to always help, not just to me but everyone. It's really appreciated.

Anyhow, I'm having a problem merging in Orion's Inquision. I've managed to successfully merge most of it in - as in almost everything seems fine (civilopedia looks fine, units look fine, etc.), except for one thing: the Inquisitor can't do an Inquisition. Apparently somehow I screwed up and there isn't any "Do an Inquisition in this City" button to click on when I select an inquisitor. I am assuming this is some python issue?

Thanks in advance.

I have to thank you for your prompt replies and willingness to always help, not just to me but everyone. It's really appreciated.

Anyhow, I'm having a problem merging in Orion's Inquision. I've managed to successfully merge most of it in - as in almost everything seems fine (civilopedia looks fine, units look fine, etc.), except for one thing: the Inquisitor can't do an Inquisition. Apparently somehow I screwed up and there isn't any "Do an Inquisition in this City" button to click on when I select an inquisitor. I am assuming this is some python issue?

Thanks in advance.

Yup, It's python. Check your CvMainInterface.py and the InquisitionEvents.py to make sure you merged all the differences.

Alright, it seems that I missed some of those differences in the CvMainInterface.py. Everything works perfectly now, except for one minor little detail - I can't get the leader scoreboard to show up. Nothing else seems to be wrong, but I can't see the list of civs/leaders to the side of the screen. Do you know what I could have done?

Thanks again.

Alright, it seems that I missed some of those differences in the CvMainInterface.py. Everything works perfectly now, except for one minor little detail - I can't get the leader scoreboard to show up. Nothing else seems to be wrong, but I can't see the list of civs/leaders to the side of the screen. Do you know what I could have done?

Thanks again.

Have you tried clicking the red check mark button?

Orion Veteran

If you mean that little button on the lower-right of the screen, then yes, I have.

Sure, no problem. Thank you very much. Perhaps if it would help, I am also using this small python modcomp that does some changes to that same python file, the Main Screen Mod found here.

Attachments

• CvMainInterface-pyth.rar
    23.5 KB · Views: 79
Alright, thanks for the help anyways. I think I'll ask the sdk/python forums to see what is wrong.

Orion if you're available, I have a small issue.

I'm merging this into my personal (non-published mod) and I've gotten everything working (python worked on the first try, which amazed me) except for one minor thing...

The Holy Office shows up as a purple blob on the map. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Top Bottom