1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Orion's Inquisition Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by OrionVeteran, Nov 28, 2008.

1. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Check to make sure you have the correct CvMainInterface.py file. If you are combining the inquisition mod with another mod, this file must be merged very carefully.

If you are playing limited religions, then the AI will select it's favorite or randum religion. So Yes, it is an intuative function built into the game.

Orion Veteran :cool:

2. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Even though I wasn't combining the inquisition mod yet, I think somehow when I was removing either the Malleus Malifarcacum wonder or the AI AutoPlay I must have screwed it up somehow. Regardless, I simply replaced the CvMainInterface.py and added the inquisition code, and it worked. So, thanks. :goodjob:

Alright, so just to make sure, if I turn limited religions off, then I will get Buddhism if I research Meditation, right, and not Islam or Taoism? :)

3. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Yes. If limited Religions is turned off, then the onTechAcquired function will fail to run. Without Limited religions, the game will look for the tech prerequisit religion, as it normally would with the choose religions option disabled.

4. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I downloaded the Merged Mod (with BUG) from the same post as this statement was made and I had a couple of questions because it seems a little too easy to me.

First of all, as far as I can tell I simply use all of the associated XML with this mod and then ONLY use this python and it should work with BUG?

Second, I want to remove the Witches Hammer (I don't know how to spell it in latin off-hand) wonder because I am using Tsentom1's Spanish Inquisition project which does essentially the same thing. I think I noticed cybrxkhan had some issues when removing this wonder. How can I remove it completely and with no errors?

That's pretty much it. :goodjob:

EDIT: Oh yeah, if I already have my own custom Event manager, can't I just merge the Inquisition events into that so long as I add the proper eventhandlers without editing my config files?

5. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Damn it, well, I put it in and no religions were founded, ever the whole time. I even discovered the first two religion-popping techs (I play on choose religions) and nothing happened at all. So I figured I put it in wrong. I want to merge this in WITHOUT limited religions, and WITHOUT Malleus Malifecarum. Can anyone help me out with that?

I do have a rudementary knowlege of python, and I already have my own custom events manager and custom game utils file, so as far as I am aware I only have to merge into those files correct?

6. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

You might want to start off with Grand Inquisitions and merge your items from there.

7. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Hey, Orion, just a quick question - what is the purpose of the "CIV4UnitSchema.xml"?

8. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

minOccurs="0"

It occurs throughout the file. I forgot the exact reason for why it must be there.

9. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

I have to thank you for your prompt replies and willingness to always help, not just to me but everyone. It's really appreciated.

Anyhow, I'm having a problem merging in Orion's Inquision. I've managed to successfully merge most of it in - as in almost everything seems fine (civilopedia looks fine, units look fine, etc.), except for one thing: the Inquisitor can't do an Inquisition. Apparently somehow I screwed up and there isn't any "Do an Inquisition in this City" button to click on when I select an inquisitor. I am assuming this is some python issue?

Thanks in advance.

10. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Yup, It's python. Check your CvMainInterface.py and the InquisitionEvents.py to make sure you merged all the differences.

11. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Alright, it seems that I missed some of those differences in the CvMainInterface.py. Everything works perfectly now, except for one minor little detail - I can't get the leader scoreboard to show up. Nothing else seems to be wrong, but I can't see the list of civs/leaders to the side of the screen. Do you know what I could have done?

Thanks again.

12. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Have you tried clicking the red check mark button?

Orion Veteran

13. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

If you mean that little button on the lower-right of the screen, then yes, I have.

14. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Can you post your CvMainInterface.py file?

15. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Sure, no problem. Thank you very much. Perhaps if it would help, I am also using this small python modcomp that does some changes to that same python file, the Main Screen Mod found here.

Attached Files:

16. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

The file looks good. I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

17. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Alright, thanks for the help anyways. I think I'll ask the sdk/python forums to see what is wrong.

18. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Orion if you're available, I have a small issue.

I'm merging this into my personal (non-published mod) and I've gotten everything working (python worked on the first try, which amazed me) except for one minor thing...

The Holy Office shows up as a purple blob on the map. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

19. TheLopez

TheLopez Deity

20. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

My inspiration came from and is dedicated to BMARNZ, who "likely" used your old inquisition mod as his starting point. So, ultimately you deserve some credit for this popular mod.