1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OSNES: Future Shock

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by The Strategos, Jul 31, 2006.

1. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

Public Mission Statement:
    Aura Communications and Entertainment has but two goals to Acomplish upon Planet 573412c.
    FIRST: the Establishment of a Communication Outpost upon it, and to Link It into Our Ever growing Faster then Light Communication Network.
    SECOND: The Extraction of Any and All Monopole Ore Upon Planet 573412c. While We do not Expect to find any Significant Deposits of it upon Planet 573412c, a cursitory Gravitational Servey of Planet 573412c has reveled several Anomalies(atachment A) that must be investigated, and if they do prove to have a small amount of Monopole Ore, Extracted and added to our Reserve.
    We do not for see any Problems with any of the Goals, as outside Our own Technological needs, the uses of Monopole ore is few.
    Spoiler Attachment A :

To Dar al-Allah Inc
    It appears, you have settled in a most unfortunate spot for Our Purposes. you shall quickly Overrun One of Our Prime anomaly, and we have no hope of preventing you. To that Extent, We wish to request Permission to Conduct a servey upon the site. As this Is but a Low-end anomaly, we truly do not truly Expect to find any Ore at your Location. we will ovcourse, Turn Over any and all Servey Results to you once we finish. and If this anomaly dose prove to have some monopole ore, we will of course, pay you for the right to extract it.

2. Disenfrancised

Disenfrancised Beep Beep

From the CIC
    To Dar al-allah Inc
    CC: All Parties

But of course, we maintain neutral and freely accessable parts of our city as matter of policy, and free expression is encouraged. We cannot guarntee the success of your preaching however! Come and spend some money and network anyway.

(Please note, any non-CIC personnel found outside the clearly defined "Bazaars" in our city will be considered renegade and detained).

3. Israelite9191

Israelite9191 You should be reading

I am very sorry, but I don't believe I will have time to really participate as of today, seeing as I just recieved a letter from my college level US History teacher for this coming year that I will have a lot more work to do by the 24th when school starts for me. Really, I am very sorry. This looked like a very promising NES that I had big plans for. Again, I am extremely sorry.

4. The Strategos

The Strategos Thanatos

I understand.

Also, to clarify, building effects don't go into effect until the turn after their built. So if you, for example build a barrack level 1 this turn, you'll still be paying prices for this turn as if you didn't have barracks.

5. candaboy

candaboy Chieftain

OOC: a question. Does money you spend on building count towards a higher level building? EX: Barracks is 2 ECOs – Does that count towards the 3 ECOs you need for barracks level 1?

6. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

Company Name: Izzet Inc.
    Leader: Prof. Dr. Hawking Einstein-Newton
    Color: Electric Blue
    Primary Specialties: R&D and Bio-Engineering
    Secondary Specialties: Robotics and Terraforming
    UU: (Name and description, remember you need certain specialties to have anything but an infantry UU)
    Motto: There is No Line
    Description: With the fall of governments and the fall of laws, came the fall of Morals and Constraints. So Izzet Corp was formed from Eccentric Scientists. They do crazy things, and were a primary funding behind Fredrick v. Fredrick. They beleive there are no lines, and have done great things and horrible things, such as perfecting Stem Cells, but then capturing Orphanages and using their residents as subjects. The were harshly berated for picking up studies started by the WW2 Nazi's and Imperial Japanese, but their unique weaponry now makes other re think their objections.

7. The Strategos

The Strategos Thanatos

No, the counter restarts at every new level so to get to level 1 costs 2 points, to get to level 2 takes 3, to get to level 3 takes 6, etc.

8. candaboy

candaboy Chieftain

Man! That is going to get EXPENSIVE!!!!

9. candaboy

candaboy Chieftain

Barracks
    -none: Can train 1000 infantry for 1 eco point (0/2)
    -Level 1: Can train 1500 infantry or 500 Anti-Tank Infantry for 1 eco point
    -Level 2: Can train 1500 infantry, 500 Anti-Tank Infantry, or 500 Anti-Air Infantry for 1 eco point (0/6)
    -Level 3: Can train 2000 infantry, 750 Anti-Tank Infantry, or 750 Anti-Air Infantry for 1 eco point (0/8)
    -Level 4: Can train 2500 infantry, 750 Anti-Tank Infantry, or 750 Anti-Air Infantry for 1 eco point (0/15)
    -Level 5: Can train 3000 infantry, 1000 Anti-Tank Infantry, or 1000 Anti-Air Infantry for 1 eco point

Is this a typo? - or does not having a barracks cost 2 ECOs - it is the same for every building

10. Stormbringer

Stormbringer The Brick and The Rose

Template:
    Company Name: Gattaca Aerospace
    Leader: Jerome Eugene Morrow
    Color: Dark Grey
    Primary Specialties: Aerospace, Economic Speculation
    Secondary Specialties: Genetic Engineering, Heavy Industry, Research and Developemtn
    UU: Bear - The Bear is a multi-mission strategic bomber designed for operations ranging from subsonic speeds and low altitudes to speeds over Mach 2 at high altitudes. The two weapons bays can accommodate different mission-specific loads, including strategic cruise missiles, short-range guided missiles, bombs, and mines. Its basic armament of short-range guided missiles and strategic cruise missiles enables it to deliver strikes to targets with preassigned coordinates. The aircraft is equipped with high-precision conventional weapons and it may also be used against mobile or tactical targets.
    Motto: You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren
    Description: In the collapse that followed the economic depression Gattaca emerged as the heir to NASA. The company made every effort possible to acquire the operations of other former national space operations, and led the way for space travel. While space is the primary focus of Gattaca, aerospace design remains one of the priorities, and its status as one of the biggest comapnies in the world carries with it a degree of economic knowledge.

11. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

*cough*rip off*cough*

:mischief:

12. Stormbringer

From the movie? Of course. Just as much as starting as Rome in a fresh start is a rip off of history ;)

13. das

das Regeneration In Process

lurker's comment: Which ofcourse is why I tend to avoid starting as Rome or any other conventional civs. ;)

14. Stormbringer

At the very least I did not take a company that exists in the real world

15. The Strategos

The Strategos Thanatos

Spoiler map :

Map updated with new corporations. I will start the update when I get up on Thursday. It would be wise to get in orders before then.

16. The Strategos

The Strategos Thanatos

I've received only 3 out of 7 orders, so I won't be updating. I'm not going to NPC 9 (4 players and 5 NPCs) companies just for three people. And since because of work, I won't have time again to update after today until next Thursday, I'll most likely just kill this as I doubt what little interest there is will survive another updateless week.

17. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

Don't kill it!. I was gonna send orders but due to an idiot, I lost my chance and I've been gone. I'll be on later to send em.