Overall single best node magic type?

Best single all-around/stand-alone mana type in vanilla FFH2

• Total voters
Samhain really is a lolwtf ritual, but that's the kind of random stuff that makes FFH cool :)

Samhain is a much better deal for the AI than the human player, or for a player who's late in the sequence in a PBEM game, because the frost goblins get a free move in those circumstances. I've noticed in my games when the Illians cast Samhain that the frost goblins would usually snipe several of my workers. Here's how that works: the human player (always first in turn order in single player) takes his turn. Later, the Illians finish the Samhain ritual and the frost goblins are placed on the map. When all AI players have finished their turns, the barbs get to move. The upshot is that anyone who plays after the Illians has a chance to react to the frost goblins, but anyone who plays before them doesn't.

Frost goblins aren't usually much of a threat by the time you can cast the spell, but wolf riders sniping workers (or even your cities if you don't believe in defending them) can really mess up your game.

Top Bottom