[NFP] Pack1: Maya and Grand Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haig

Deity
PACK 1: MAYA & GRAN COLOMBIA PACK

Available May 2020

Adds two new civilizations and leaders, one new game mode*, new City-States, Resources, and Natural Wonders.

Sounds amazing! My predictions are:

Maya is led by Pacal and has bonuses related to Golden and Dark ages, as this first pack requires either Rise&Fall (ages mechanics) or Gathering Storm.

Gran Colombia:
I bet it will have Loyalty related bonuses like Mapuche.

Palenque will be replaced but by who I have no idea.
South America probably has many beautiful natural wonders to add.

Game mode?? Probably the Apocalypse as seen on the trailer.

Gran Colombia is almost certainly being led by Simon Bolivar, which is one off my wishlist! Yeah Maya could be lead by Pacal, but I'm also guessing it could be Lady Six Sky.

Gran Colombia is almost certainly being led by Simon Bolivar, which is one off my wishlist! Yeah Maya could be lead by Pacal, but I'm also guessing it could be Lady Six Sky.
I think these guesses are bang on. They tend to prefer not carrying leaders over from Civ V, and they won't pass up another opportunity to add such a potentially cool and interesting female leader.

Apparently all or most new Civs have mechanis that also work for the main game or only one expansion, so I don't think Gran Colombia gonna have a loyality bonus.

Great to see the Maya again. They're absence was truly weird.
On Great Colombia ... Urgh. Certainly a great leader, but a very very very short lived state (because calling it a civilization, not for me). Bolivar should have stayed a great general or something).

We currently have no female leaders in the New World; I am 100% certain the Maya will be led by a woman, probably Lady Six Sky (but there are a few other options, too, like Yohl Ikʼnal or Lady Eveningstar).

Glad to see the Maya back, as well as some latin american representation (finally). I hope It's because It's a work in progress, but looking at the screenshots I get a bit of mixed feelings, we can clearly see a Mayan city and campus unique district, (with the obvservatory graphics) and it looks great, the dissapointment comes in the form of the district buildings not getting the Suguba or Cothon treatment, I was hoping any new unique districts would get that same level of detail.

Glad to see the Maya back, as well as some latin american representation (finally). I hope It's because It's a work in progress, but looking at the screenshots I get a bit of mixed feelings, we can clearly see a Mayan city and campus unique district, (with the obvservatory graphics) and it looks great, the dissapointment comes in the form of the district buildings not getting the Suguba or Cothon treatment, I was hoping any new unique districts would get that same level of detail.
That's the whole reason I wanted the Maya to get a Holy Site district so we could see Mayan Shrines and Temples. :nono:
Oh well, I guess if anybody was going to get an Observatory district though it would be the Maya, or Babylon. :mischief:
So I'm predicting some sort of faith bonus as well from mountains.

That's the whole reason I wanted the Maya to get a Holy Site district so we could see Mayan Shrines and Temples. :nono:
Oh well, I guess if anybody was going to get an Observatory district though it would be the Maya, or Babylon. :mischief:
So I'm predicting some sort of faith bonus as well from mountains.

I'm hoping It's a WIP screen, the monument is regular as opposed to mesoamerican, and the palace looks more like a variation of the Aztec one...so It may be a wip. I'll be honest, a mountain bonus for the Maya is the last thing I expect, if anything I'd like them to go the absolute opposite direction and give the Mayan campus adjacency bonus for grassland, plains or jungle. Yucatan is flat as a pancake.

As for additional buildings, I'm still crossing my fingers for a mesoamerican temple building, It's about time.

I hope we can get Cenotes as a jungle feature.

I'm hoping It's a WIP screen, the monument is regular as opposed to mesoamerican, and the palace looks more like a variation of the Aztec one...so It may be a wip. I'll be honest, a mountain bonus for the Maya is the last thing I expect, if anything I'd like them to go the absolute opposite direction and give the Mayan campus adjacency bonus for grassland, plains or jungle. Yucatan is flat as a pancake.
The only reason I'm guessing that is astronomy=mountains in Civ and you already want to build your campus next to a mountain range. Since you can clearly see an Observatory building in the district I would expect mountains would be needed. But yeah definitely rainforest as well, even more so than the regular campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom