[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

One thing that stands out to me, is that a lot of the people here seem to be considering the New Frontier Pass to have been less than an expansion. This is something that I really don't understand, because the amount of content we got between the free and paid updates, it seems at least to match the volume from Rise and Fall, if not surpass it outright. And I do include the free patches, because most expansions also come with free patches, which usually includes content that people who aren't buying the expansion will benefit from, and I do not think Firaxis would have developed the patches as significantly without the paid DLC.

One thing that stands out to me, is that a lot of the people here seem to be considering the New Frontier Pass to have been less than an expansion. This is something that I really don't understand, because the amount of content we got between the free and paid updates, it seems at least to match the volume from Rise and Fall, if not surpass it outright. And I do include the free patches, because most expansions also come with free patches, which usually includes content that people who aren't buying the expansion will benefit from, and I do not think Firaxis would have developed the patches as significantly without the paid DLC.

The volume of the content is equal. But the level of integration is less so due to the "toppings" nature of game modes.

And I miss having civs with uniques that tie into new features.

The volume of the content is equal. But the level of integration is less so due to the "toppings" nature of game modes.

And I miss having civs with uniques that tie into new features.
That's a fair point. I could have easily seen a third expansion focused around corporations and barbarian clans with Portugal and Gaul getting bonuses toward them instead of the ones they currently have.

That's a fair point. I could have easily seen a third expansion focused around corporations and barbarian clans with Portugal and Gaul getting bonuses toward them instead of the ones they currently have.
This is exactly what I am thinking of. Corporations and Barbs Modes are the core new systems, dramatic ages an optional difficulty setting for the ages system, then there are 8 new civs, 1 new leader (for two civs), 2 new personas, I think 4 new wonders and 3 natural wonders, a plethora of new city states, a plethora of new great people, 2 new districts, a new engaging scenario, an expansion to an interesting scenario, new game settings functionality (pickers and shuffle), several patches (which combine to be sizable, especially with the likely big one to wrap up), plus several optional fantasy game modes stuff.

Last edited:
Well, all FXS Civ social media is stating that the new Portugal pack/update is already available, even though it's still an hour away and no patch notes or downloads are to be seen. :crazyeye:
I have been refreshing my Steam since I saw the post but I get nothing. Too bad, it would have been so convenient to roll myself a nice Portuguese start while at work and play hassle-free in the evening.

Top Bottom