1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Paradox Interactive games

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Maniacal, Aug 4, 2006.

1. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

I'm fairly sure you can buy a hard copy, check amazon.

2. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Get EU3 Chronicles. It is only digital download though, no box version.

3. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Why is it several people have expressed interest (not just here) about getting EUIII Chronicles just a couple of weeks after it was on sale on Steam and GamersGate for two weeks for $7.49?

However it is totally worth whatever the full price is :) And I second getting it off of GamersGate. plus you get 5% of your purchase back in blue coins which are great to sue to buy games that are massively on sale (Like Trine is currently $1.99) or DLCs like the unit packs (just add some early game variety to western and eastern nations, I do reccomend using your BCs to get them) for EU3.

4. MajKira

MajKira King

Yesses, Im intrested in Sengukuu
    :)
    not all 50percent minuss or where to read that

5. Maniacal

I hope Sengoku turns out to be an awesome game, because it looks pretty good :)

Also I'm pretty sure that is the Hearts of Iron 2 music playing in the trailer. Dunno why, but eh now I want to nuke someone...

6. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Like i said in the Specials thread, Pride of Nations is half off on Steam for a week, because there's some new DLC pertaining to the American Civil War.

7. Ready_set_go

Ready_set_go Too Late

It's because I didn't happen to look at Steam or GamersGate. I was starting to get bored with Civ4, and I read all those terrible reviews for Civ5, so I decided to move to this. I only started looking in late January, with google searches, and then only started to get interested after reading through this forum and looking at some gameplay videos.

Although 50% off, I wouldn't have argued buying it then... if only.

8. Maniacal

We have the Weekend Specials thread here where someone usually posts the sales.

9. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Paradox games are literally on heavy special somewhere every second week. Even new games go on heavy discounts merely months after they come out. I'd never pay full price for them unless I wanted to play them as they are released... But who wants to do this considering the patching required?

10. MajKira

MajKira King

I don wanna patch anything, but mostly you have to do it and patches always coming:lol:
    People with enough money can buy anything:lol:

11. Ready_set_go

Ready_set_go Too Late

I still need to wait, going on vacation for a week now... I'll try to download it when I get back. Anyway, thanks for all the help from all you people :D.

P.S. One last question... how does multiplayer work in these games?

12. MajKira

MajKira King

One of my friend plays EU3 divine Wind online with friends
    Ive seen several times playing him that and its no problem to do that
    he likes Europa Universalis much

13. Maniacal

Someone hosts and the others connect, people often use Hamachi to set it up as well. Each player controls a nation and you all have to agree on the speed. I have no interest in multiplayer though so I haven't played it but there is a multiplayer game going on in this forum right now.

14. Ready_set_go

Ready_set_go Too Late

So it's the same idea as civ multiplayer... The only thing is, the site calls it co-operative, not sure what that meant.

15. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

In my experience, multiplayer games in eu3 tend to feature the human nations in permanent alliances. I think this makes the game more fun as, bolstered by powerful alliances, human players tend to play much more aggressively, and are willing to do really ludicrous things they'd never think of doing in sp.

16. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Conquering Norway, renaming it Fish and Chips, and pawning it off to Sweden?

17. Say_my_name

Say_my_name Warlord

So, I've played two games of Darkest Hour so far, and quit both of them early because Germany got absolutely stomped. In the first game, they couldn't dent the Soviets and lost by '43, in the second one they didn't even manage to conquer France. Is this just bad luck, or does this happen a lot?
    The first game was vanilla DH, in the second one I upped the number of active tech teams and made it slightly easier to remove dissent, but that can't have this much of an impact, can it?

18. carmen510

carmen510 Deity

I've been playing Kaiserreich on Darkest Hour; won the Civil War as the United States. Really weird/awesome game. Qing China and Russia aligned with Germany, and China declared war on Japan. Japan pretty much dominated and took over China, then was overrun by Russia. However, Japan somehow got to Murmansk and pushed to Petrograd and an event fired, which forced Russia to turn Soviet (no idea why it would trigger that). Then, France overran the Italian Federation and Carlist Spain.

I have an equal chance of joining the Entente or Mitteleuropa, and I don't which to pick. Germany is still at war with Japan, but the Entente remains peaceful for now. It's 1942, so I'm not sure if any more war events fire. I'll definitely take on the Syndicalists either way.

19. Antilogic

Antilogic --

Could you tell us a little more about this Kaiserreich mod? Timeframe, etc.? Seems like it is at least the 1860's to WW2.

20. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

IIRC, Kaiserreich is based around a world in which the Central Powers won the First World War. I think it starts in 1936.