Patch is on hold..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patch installed succesfully, I tried it quickly and the overall performance seems to be drastically improved. For example turning grid on/off only takes fractions of a second instead of the half a minute it used to take...

King Flevance said:
Does anyone else that had studdering sound & smooth animation now have studdering animation and choppy sound on the intro movie?

Yeah I got the same thing, except the sound is smooth now and the animation is choppy... Guess you fix one thing and reverse the other. :p

Oh well, I am just glad that I have better preformance overall, making the game more playable than it was.

Ok, quick question... I'm at work.. and I'm being greedy I know, but can I download the patch here, burn it to cd, take it home etc...? It'll only save me like 30 mins when I get home.. but it's 30 mins I could be playing Civ4! You'll understand... ; )

DementedAvenger said:
Anybody else getting this problem? It says there is no patch available:

Yup. Been doing that for about an hour now. :cry:

tongkl said:
Re Urederra: It's a Radeon IGP 340M. Crappy laptop card...

I am impresed. I think that it is below the specs, still they managed to fix some things... Hope you can play a small map...

i tried from advanced menu but it says my version is the latest and nothing downloads not fair:(

Note to all people that cannot get patch to download, need to uninstall blue marble terrain if you have it installed, then download patch, apply patch,
no problams noted with download once blue marble terrain uninstalled.

Is it wise to update if i had to do the unpack trick, or won't the right files be able to update?

AndrewJC said:
Note to all people that cannot get patch to download, need to uninstall blue marble terrain if you have it installed, then download patch, apply patch,

I dont have blue marble, but still get the version ok message. I think whoever said we crashed the patch server with traffic is right.

One can only hope that someone out there knows its down...

AndrewJC said:

how to uninstall blue marble terrain mod?

JakeCourtney said:
Jesus, this download is crawling on my fast connection. I bet thousands of people are straining the file server. Err... Mirror the damn thing already.

Jake where are you physically located that you can even connect to get the download? (and dont say, in my basement in a chair :mischief: ) US East coast? US West coast? UK? Aus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom