Patch v3.13 change list

Worth the wait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they were good points, albeit ones that I would've thought obvious before this trainwreck of a thread.

I can't wait for the patch to be released just so everyone finds something else to complain about...

Well, they were good points, albeit ones that I would've thought obvious before this trainwreck of a thread.

That's part of the point. Even after things that should have been obvious, and even after actual statements, people continue to interpret things the way they want to. I suppose that's human nature.

Wodan

99% of my good sense wants to join with others in support of closing this see-saw thread. However, the other 1% is the part that makes me slow down when passing a car accident...

I was listening to a NPR story about a lady who was on a train in england when a bomb went off on it. She survived but many in her car were killed by the blast.

The lady went home in shock and was unable to rest or go to sleep so she decided to post about her experience in her online blog. Many people read the blog and posted comments and it was generally very cathardic experience for her.

A few days later she heard about a forum that was quoting her blog and using it as evidence that the bombing had never happened. She went and checked it out and saw that it was a forum dedicated to conspiracy theroy folks who thought the attack was a governement action to gather support for the war or something.

They had gone through her writeup and picked out a bunch of things that they were using as evidence that it didnt really happen. Sayign that what she actually experienced couldnt have happened and even stating that from her writing style it was obvious that she wasn't actually a woman. They suspected that instead "she" was a fictional government persona created to act as a witness to the event. She decided to post on the forum and set these people straight.

Up until that last line I was enjoying the story and didnt think much about the conspiracy people. But as soon as she said she was going to post on the forum to argue with them I thought "Oh my god, stay away! That will never work!"

Sure enough everything she posted was only used as further evidence that she was a government operative. She tried again and again. She actually went to one of their meetings. Still nothing she could do to change their mind.

In some regards I think this thread is like that issue. There isn't that can be said that will change anyones viewpoint, and in fact many of the things being said are just polarizing people further.

Disclaimer: Im not saying anyone here is as crazy as a conspiracy theroist. Its just an interesting story used to exhibit the trouble convincng passionate people ont he internet.

Disclaimer 2: In not saying that conspiracy theroists are as crazy as anyone here. Please don't attack me and try to remove government mind control devices from my sphincter

"Kael was going to post, and then he came to his senses." :D

Friends of mine and I used to joke that everyone is crazy. Each in their own unique fashion. Only when you understand that, and accept it, can you get along and survive in this world.

So, someone or some company pisses you off, you can say "It's okay. He's/They're craaazy."

(Except we used "an a******" instead of "crazy".)

That's why, I think, that Alexman didn't post weeky updates or whatever. People here were jumping on him with both feet. Some days I looked on here and just had to scratch my head. Either that, or beat it with a board. :hammer2: Like Monty Python or something.

Wodan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom